• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Borderlands Presequel, Mordor and DA: Inquisition added to GMG's VIP section

So I guess that Spacebase + Hack n Slash bundle isn't a price error then? Probably going to pick it up. Also hope that Sanctum of Slime shows up in the Halloween sale since I'm planning on getting the Ghostbusters game while it's on sale.

Out There Somewhere is a great platformer. Only downside is that it is about 3 hour long.

Are you sure it's a downside? Given how little time I have to play stuff nowadays, if it's awesome and only 3 hour long I would actually heavily recommend it! I got the bundle so I guess I have to give it a try knowing I can clear it in a reasonable amount of time, heh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh man, I totally forgot about that. Should I dump the rest of my store credit and get Evil Within for 16$ out of pocket? Or is it not worth that price point?

I loved it, but you know me, I like everything

Hmm, that's about the same price as Mexico Origin after a conversion rate to CAD.

GMG codes work with VIP games? Then again, they don't work with credit :(

its the other way around actually

Inquisition? I can safely say no one expected that.

and as someone who was seriously considering 59.99 for it on Origin, because thats how Inexplicably excited I am for it, this is great news :p

Are you sure it's a downside? Given how little time I have to play stuff nowadays, if it's awesome and only 3 hour long I would actually heavily recommend it! I got the bundle so I guess I have to give it a try knowing I can clear it in a reasonable amount of time, heh.

this...so much this :(

Blizzard

Banned
You can do that.

And you'll be branded a dick by SteamGAF.
Possibly, but I don't think it's fair to brand everyone in this thread as a collective hivemind -- rather, as a group of individuals.

I also think giving someone Bad Rats is more of a dick move than failing to accept a gift intended to annoy someone. I suggest your dick branding is misplaced!

kevin1025

Banned
So I guess that Spacebase + Hack n Slash bundle isn't a price error then? Probably going to pick it up. Also hope that Sanctum of Slime shows up in the Halloween sale since I'm planning on getting the Ghostbusters game while it's on sale.

That bundle shall be mine very soon, wanted both games for a while now.

C4rter

Bundlestars Leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sine Mora -- MB-F85E7D848A8C16F6 - Taken by Anteater
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-CBC8B2DBA7A0A663 - Taken by RyanPierre

If you invert the image, trim the 255 RGB area space and filter the midtones you get this :(

3spasx.png
I'm sure we'll all be happy to play the Valkyria Chronicles
F2P MOBA

Sajjaja

It's the strangest thing, guys.

I was bussing home and I decided to stop at EBGames to see if they had anything I'd be interested in for my PS3.

I finally saw a copy of Valkyria Chronicles there, used albeit, but I've almost never seen a copy for a long time. It was $25, and I held it in my hands for like 5-10 mins until I thought that the Halloween sale is coming and I better save that $25 for Dark Souls 2.

I come home and I see that PEGI rating of it and it's just like damn, God just saved me from spending $25 on an inferior version.

Thank you based God.

Lain

edit: 10min queue to enter battle.net, Blizzardpls. I guess everyone wants to get in on this WoW free 7 days :p

So that's why today I got a queue to log in on fucking b.net? Goddamn. Well at least I got 7 free days for my second account, so I can rearrange stuff on that and catch on some free gear.

Rhaknar

So that's why today I got a queue to log in on fucking b.net? Goddamn. Well at least I got 7 free days for my second account, so I can rearrange stuff on that and catch on some free gear.

well im assuming thats the reason. I was trying to get in on that and gave up, might try again later. I havent done the xpac pre patch so it would be a good chance to do it, I have a 2-month gametime card ready for Warlords but dont want to waste it before its out

edit: interesting. If you dont watch giantbomb stuff, they have a monday/friday show (Bombing the A.M), basically a small video podcast, today they had Cara Ellison, a frequent guest, who is currently in Japan, and seems she has been talking to a lot of devs in japan as part of her project and theres a big push for indie games there and steam, which isnt surprising from what we've seen lately concerning japan, but its good to get confirmation :)

Nzyme32

By the way in GoG news:

And here...we...go...

Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition
The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
KotOR

Someone located the release threads in General Discussion, which means GOG's drumming up hype with these leaks. New editions of TIE/X-Wing are $10, SoMI Special and KotOR are the same, but Sam and Max/Atlantis are $5.99. Nothing heard about regional pricing.

Yeah, it'll be a while before Disney brings these to Steam, and who knows if they'll have the same compatibility strength as GOG's releases.

Man, I'm so ready to buy a VC 4-pack when it launches.

inm8num2

Yeah, it'll be a while before Disney brings these to Steam, and who knows if they'll have the same compatibility strength as GOG's releases.

Man, I'm so ready to buy a VC 4-pack when it launches.

If Disney puts these games on Steam they'd most likely be the GOG versions (as is the case for various old games that have popped up on Steam during the last year which were previously only on GOG).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
well, I just finished the Hoxton Breakout job .... damn - that was FUN!!! :D everyone (who has PAYDAY 2) - you NEED to play that one :D it's awesome

Nzyme32

Just need Zak McKracken, Yoda Stories, Indy's Desktop Adventures, DotT and Grim Fandango confirmed and I couldn't give a hoot what gets released on Steam for a while.

That's not DOTT.

Man, the final mission of Styx is just... sad and no fun at all.

These are only some of them I think. Still hoping for DOtT, Full Throtle, Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island, Pod Racer, Indiana Jones and the Emperors tomb......etc

Basically, everything. I want it all

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing the latest Civ V patch say this:

Scale warmonger penalties by era (50% of normal strength in Ancient up to 90% in Industrial; 100% thereafter). Penalties for warmongering vs. City-States halved

makes me very happy. And the addition of cocoa and bison into the main game is cool too, I guess.

Ozium

awwwww yissssssssss grabbed a uriel's chasm key

a bad game that's weird and about religion oh maaaaaaaama

edit
dreaming sarah drops cards SUPER fast... lovin' it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom