• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
awwwww yissssssssss grabbed a uriel's chasm key

a bad game that's weird and about religion oh maaaaaaaama

2a5ca64f9f7ac9200fa9c3aa480f1acbf04c5fdd.png

"The fate of Enoch."

I've got to admit, that's a rad looking badge.

Finally, the Copons simulator I've always wanted.

Tellaerin

who needs bad rats

i need uriels chasm ... NEED it

claire worth a dollar I presume?

mr livingston I presume?

Who stole your shift and punctuation keys, man? Your posts are reading like zky's. Which would be okay if you were zky, but there's only enough room for one person whose posts read like free verse around here.

Ozium

Who stole your shift and punctuation keys, man? Your posts are reading like zky's. Which would be okay if you were zky, but there's only enough room for one person whose posts read like free verse around here.

uriel's chasm;
it's like it was made for me.
bible quotes, mysticism and DMT.
another kusoge,
to add to the pile,
AAA titles just aren't as worthwhile.

Dr Dogg

I saw that Bloodbourne thread and did debate posting in there but nah it's already a little dicey. What makes me wonder is what in earth is happening with some developers and PR depts recent? I don't buy their reasonings and justifications and the outlets they are conducting the interviews with aren't likely to be read by joe blogs who has only a passing intrest in games media but someone who craves every last prereleased, hyped up detail. They are more than likely going to be the ones who also flip the proverbial table when said title isn't to their lofty standards. Software isn't CPU or GPU limited unless you make it that way so if you want a nice shiny looking game over one with a higher resolution, framerate or even cleaner IQ with decent AA then just bloody say so instead of the drivel that comes out. The people who would buy that ordinaly don't obsessivly follow the places you're giving these interviews to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of frames, no matter what my bullshit benchmark says (110+ avg), I cant seem to get steady 60fps on Mordor and its annoying me

Ive tried all the SLI profiles, no SLI, ultra textures, no ultra textures (in fact the ultra textures dont even seem to make a difference), its always between 45ish and 60+, with weird drops when I turn the camera or something sometimes

also, sometimes it just feels sluggish, but Im not sure if thats the game just being assassin creed-y, like theres a small delay when you start to run for example, I remember the creed games having the same and it always felt weird

my rig really should be obliterating the game, and...well, its not. I guess I need to investigate, stupid pc gaming, let me be lazy :(

Dr Dogg

my rig really should be obliterating the game, and...well, its not. I guess I need to investigate, stupid pc gaming, let me be lazy :(

Hahaha as I said to you the other day you're now going to fall i to that trap of obessively monitoing everything and that you must blaze every game know to man. The first area of Mordor I can get a pretty stead framerate apart from some of the Forge Tower bits and zooming in on the Orcs in Sauron's Army which makes things a little wobbly. The second area though tanks my framerate unless I fiddle with things. Fingers cross Monolith get the work done their end soon to get an Offical SLI profile out.

I saw that Bloodbourne thread and did debate posting in there but nah it's already a little dicey. What makes me wonder is what in earth is happening with some developers and PR depts recent? I don't buy their reasonings and justifications and the outlets they are conducting the interviews with aren't likely to be read by joe blogs who has only a passing intrest in games media but someone who craves every last prereleased, hyped up detail. They are more than likely going to be the ones who also flip the proverbial table when said title isn't to their lofty standards. Software isn't CPU or GPU limited unless you make it that way so if you want a nice shiny looking game over one with a higher resolution, framerate or even cleaner IQ with decent AA then just bloody say so instead of the drivel that comes out. The people who would buy that ordinaly don't obsessivly follow the places you're giving these interviews to.

Why stop at saying you made a compromise between framerate and visuals when you can actually make believe to some people that you chose what's best for both of them ?

Momentary

Banned

I will mail a bottle of Kentucky Breakfast Stout to the first Dev I hear come out and say, "Look ladies and gents, we chose this aspect ratio and this frame rate because the hardware just can't handle how we really want the game to perform. Deuces."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hahaha as I said to you the other day you're now going to fall i to that trap of obessively monitoing everything and that you must blaze every game know to man. The first area of Mordor I can get a pretty stead framerate apart from some of the Forge Tower bits and zooming in on the Orcs in Sauron's Army which makes things a little wobbly. The second area though tanks my framerate unless I fiddle with things. Fingers cross Monolith get the work done their end soon to get an Offical SLI profile out.

your words hurt my soul doogie :(

the funny thing is, when im playing I dont even notice, you just forget it, then the odd drop happens and you are reminded and you start to obcess again >_<

gngf123

I will mail a bottle of Kentucky Breakfast Stout to the first Dev I hear come out and say, "Look ladies and gents, we chose this aspect ratio and this frame rate because the hardware just can't handle how we really want the game to perform. Deuces."

Damn, another Stout I feel like I need to try some day. Doesn't seem to be easy to get hold of in the UK.

rtcn63

your words hurt my soul doogie :(

the funny thing is, when im playing I dont even notice, you just forget it, then the odd drop happens and you are reminded and you start to obcess again >_<

Mordor plays like an AssCreed, unsurprising that it runs like an AssCreed. I have no idea how I survived playing games on the 360 so long, especially on an SDTV. Those sub-20 framerates.

after playing a little more than 2 hours of payday 2 I've come to the conclusion that I don't like this game. it seems to be built around holding certain points down for a set amount of time until you can advance. Like I just did that mission to unlock that new dude, that mission was wave after wave on one spot till I had to go fetch something while fighting other waves of enemies blocking the path then to return to where I originally was and fight more waves till we had to go. meh game.

DocSeuss

I will do so to the first developer who goes a different route. Something like "frankly, the consoles can't handle our game at 1080p60, so instead of compromising, we released it on PC exclusively."

Dr Dogg

Why stop at saying you made a compromise between framerate and visuals when you can actually make believe to some people that you chose what's best for both of them ?

Only problem with that is who is going to be reading/listening what you've said and are they that clueless to believe it? So let's take Bloodbourne as an example where the comment was made to Playstationlifestyle. Do we think their readership is going to say 'wow I really appreciate that the game will be 30fps because that's what someone else is telling me is best for action games contrary to years upon years of arcade games proving otherwise'? Sure there might be a few that blindly will follow that but the people I know who are actually bothered by framerate, resolution and effects understand the concepts and all this is doing is pissing in their cereal. Folks I know who are clueless to what higher framerates, greater resolution or sharper IQ entail in performance terms and the tradeoffs really couldn't give a monkeys about that as they just want to play good games.

So who are the devs taking to? Are they trying to convince enthusiasts that their vision is right even thought they have lower targets in mind? Are they talking to the peeps who are more intresting in gameplay and really don't care about framerate anyway? You know what as much as I bang on about technical details and what not if a game intrests me enough I'll play it regards of it's limitations but I don't really want to be told what's best for my enjoyment and be patronised about the effects of greater and higher resolution and framerate. If you want a pretty and shiny game and you can't sacrifice your vision so have to have a specific resolution and framerate just bloody say so insteady of these wishy washy claims that no one can tell the difference or it's about the quality of the pixels or n framerate is better because reasons.

Rhaknar

Mordor plays like an AssCreed, unsurprising that it runs like an AssCreed. I have no idea how I survived playing games on the 360 so long, especially on an SDTV. Those sub-20 framerates.

screw you Kiro, Im having fun with it :(

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I will do so to the first developer who goes a different route. Something like "frankly, the consoles can't handle our game at 1080p60, so instead of compromising, we released it on PC exclusively."

hasn't Chris Roberts already said that about Star Citizen some time ago? ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if gamersgate has seen any decline in business since gamergate

I would think the opposite would be true. No such thing as "bad press" and all that.

gngf123

Since we are talking Space Sims, what would be an approachable way in?

I've always wanted to get into them, but the last time I tried I picked the X series and found them completely fucking impenetrable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom