• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Sega finally pays off. Now if only we can get Resonance of Fate, Vanquish and some minor title called Bayonetta on PC.

THATS the one I'm talking about. I really want that game on steam, I never got to try it but it looks really cool. I would've preferred this one over VC. sorry guys, but its the truth.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder what is going on with Bayo 1 rights, Nintendo owns the IP now correct?

Also, going back to the SLI stuff for a second, another thing I need to get used to fast is that I won't be using both cards for every game, like Rising doesn't have a profile, and then I remembered I already play it at 1080p 60fps maxed, and the game won't go over that so what was I expecting? I think it's when I looked at shovel knight and thought "aw man no SLI profile?" and proceeded to face palm >_>

Chariot

I went to VC2 from VC1 so to me it felt like a big drop in quality, people like to talk about the story but that's something I could ignore. The smaller maps (with loadings) completely change the dynamic of the game, certain classes become too overpowered because of this, and it also broke up the pacing of the maps.
Also filler content, you were constantly replaying maps in VC2, and you had to do a bunch of filler-missions to advance on the main story and unlock new maps.

VC1 on another hand was new map after new map, I don' think there's a single obligatory mission where you play the same map twice.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay itself was still fun, but it felt like a really harsh drop in quality, and repeating the same maps killed the game to me.
Then I'm looking even more forward to the game. :)

gngf123

I wonder what is going on with Bayo 1 rights, Nintendo owns the IP now correct?

Also, going back to the SLI stuff for a second, another thing I need to get used to fast is that I won't be using both cards for every game, like Rising doesn't have a profile, and then I remembered I already play it at 1080p 60fps maxed, and the game won't go over that so what was I expecting? I think it's when I looked at shovel knight and thought "aw man no SLI profile?" and proceeded to face palm >_>

Sega owns the Bayonetta IP still I believe.

Nintendo owns the Bayonetta 2 rights and everything related to that game.

tmarg

Any current GMG coupons work with credit? RE4 is tempting at $10.

I don't think any of their vouchers work with credit anymore. X22OFF-DEALZO-NGMGUS works under $10 though, and 22% is better than the 20% on their front page. It's only good for a few more hours though.

Lomax

Any current GMG coupons work with credit? RE4 is tempting at $10.

There hasn't been any coupons that work with credit in a very long time, closest thing is the new VIP area. As such, there's some 25% off coupons that are floating around that would get you the game for $7.50, or you can pay with credit at $10 basically. As most of GMG's sales before coupon (like Injustice for example) are the same as they would be elsewhere, just using credit on them doesn't really bother me.

dani_dc

Then I'm looking even more forward to the game. :)

Glad to hear, if you enjoyed VC2 then VC1 should come off as an improvement in nearly everything :)

Sega owns the Bayonetta IP still I believe.

Nintendo owns the Bayonetta 2 rights and everything related to that game.

I believe this is right.

This is the game you recommended to me, right? I'm glad I didn't grab it on PS3 now.

Yes it is. I'm starting to wish you had gotten a PS3 sooner, they started porting all the third party exclusives soon after you got one.

Zafir

Oh nice, wasn't expecting VC to come to PC. Might give me a reason to actually finish it. :p Got like half way through it on PS3.

Mokoi

Banned
Old news, but ghet GHostebusters if you don't already know it since it's on sale. It's been awhile since I've played it; however I know for sure that it's a really ghood ghame. I had no idea it ghot a PC release, and would of bought it righht away if I did know. Also yay on Valkyria Chronicles cominghh to PC! Will be my first time playingh it, so really lookingh forward to it.

Old news, but ghet GHostebusters if you don't already know it since it's on sale. It's been awhile since I've played it; however I know for sure that it's a really ghood ghame. I had no idea it ghot a PC release, and would of bought it righht away if I did know. Also yay on Valkyria Chronicles cominghh to PC! Will be my first time playingh it, so really lookingh forward to it.

Please.

Is something wrong with your H key?

Miguel81

SEGA, do me right with Virtua Fighter 5. VC is a great start, though, as I'm only familiar with the the demo from way back when.

Edit: Grief.exe and TaroYamada. Your dedication has paid off. *Bows*

Kaper

I'm seriously considering double dipping with VC, since I've temporarily lost access to my PS3, and VC is the next game on my PS3 backlog. Either way, it's good to see that Sega is listening.

Speaking of WW2-ish games, not that long ago someone posted about a new WW2 multiplayer game that is in development, but I foolishly forgot to bookmark. Anyone have an idea what that game is?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Valkyria Chronicles to PC, TIE Fighter getting a re-release, my desktop arriving after being held up at customs... This week... PC gaming... #blessed #notgonnacry #tearsofjoy #christmascomesearly #gogiants

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Valkyria Chronicles to PC, TIE Fighter getting a re-release, my desktop arriving after being held up at customs... This week... PC gaming... #blessed #notgonnacry #tearsofjoy #christmascomesearly #gogiants

AdITGn7.gif

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You uh, didn't have anything incriminating did you?

Hehe I love that gif.

Miker

I'm legit shook by Valkyria Chronicles news. I was always kinda pessimistic about the port campaign, but here I am, bathing in the glory of an impending 2014 PC release of a niche-ass, old-ass PS3 game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any idea what the price may be? If it's coming real, soon, I might day one. I only ever played the ps3 demo

29.99 would be my guess, seems to be the going rate for these old ass console game ports. 19.99 with some luck but I doubt it

RS4-

Feels bad, bought VC day 1. Played it for a day, then never touched it again because...you know, Steam. But yeah, will get on Steam.

Hoping for VF5FS as well.

Rhaknar

the real Sega megaton would be this guy, fuck all of your petitions for not including him

Billy_Hatcher_2.jpg

rtcn63

I don't think she can top Speak Now.

The majority of Speak Now was super memorable. The only problem I could've had with it, was that it was too good.

Fearless has You Belong With Me though, her greatest pop track besides Teardrops.

Red... was OK. Definitely overproduced, and the general quality of the audio was iffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom