• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i was watching the dreamfall quicklook

that game sure has a lot of shiny distracting effects

shitbot's kind of hilarious tho

baterism

ytPO8kd.png

Sum up my thought nicely. I'm still confused. This is really happening right?

So far I'm a few hours into FFXIII (with GeDoSaTo of course), and it's pretty decent. Story is nonsense of course, but now I've got Paradigms and the Crystal grid...thing the battle system is a lot more engaging.

Turfster

did you finish Styx?

Sort of.
I finished it, but didn't manage to do the ghost and treasure runs to 100% it yet because
fucking elves and then the fucking 6 clones you almost have to fucking fight what the fucking bullshit is this "boss fight" Cyanide really seriously this is what you came up with?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sort of.
I finished it, but didn't manage to do the ghost and treasure runs to 100% it yet because
fucking elves and then the fucking 6 clones you almost have to fucking fight what the fucking bullshit is this "boss fight" Cyanide really seriously this is what you came up with?

you finished it. Stop being a crazy person

tmarg

how long until league of legends??

There's no reason why LoL would want to be on steam. They're already the most played game on the planet, steam wouldn't really get them too much in the way of increased exposure. If anything, it would just provide a platform for their current players to be exposed to competing products. Like DotA 2.

Grief.exe

Wow, the console version of Shadow Warrior allows for the user to adjust the FOV and the HUD elements.

Additionally, Flying Wild Hog deserves credit for implementing a number of options we rarely see on console. It has included full field-of-view adjustment, the ability to disable and customise the HUD, the option to disable motion blur, control over weapon inertia and bobbing, and more.

Looks like there are some improvements coming down the pipe for us as well.

There is hope for PC players, however. The overhaul made to the engine to support the consoles should bear fruit on the PC as well in the form of an updated 64-bit, DX11-compatible version of the game. This patch is not live at the time of writing, but we're hoping that these new optimisations will significantly improve the PC experience. Considering how solid the console versions are at this point, we're optimistic this will be the case.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-shadow-warrior-face-off

Wow, I have to say, Metro 2033 Redux looks quite a bit better than the original.

That said, they still didn't fix the annoying microstuttering that was fixed in Last Light, so that's a negative.

Unparking my cores seemed to fix it, but it's weird that Last Light is fine, but both versions of 2033 still have the same problem. I am looking forward to finishing 2033 this time, though. Something happened the first time that messed up my progress, so Redux is a good excuse to replay and finish it.

Terra_Ex

What mystical forces are at work within Sega for them to bring Valkyria Chronicles to PC?
get them to focus on Yakuza 5 next
, I had to do a double take when I saw the news. Fantastic news, if anyone hasn't already played it I highly recommend picking it up when it hits PC, I know I'll be rebuying it.

Zafir

Is all of Valkyria Chronicles like this? That's all I know of the game.

The story segments are mostly done like that. With a few 'proper' scenes here and there. Besides that you'll be spending your time in the strategy battles which can be anything from half an hour to an hour+.
What mystical forces are at work within Sega for them to bring Valkyria Chronicles to PC?
, I had to do a double take when I saw the news. Fantastic news, if anyone hasn't already played it I highly recommend picking it up when it hits PC, I know I'll be rebuying it.
Man what I would give for Yakuza 5 on PC.

Fuck Yakuza, they need to start actually making good on their promise to bring PSO2 over here. Their constant promises have made me very salty.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So what's the deal with this Lords of the Fallen game on the Steam bestseller list? Is it supposed to be good?

Is that the Dark Souls type game?

Nabs

So what's the deal with this Lords of the Fallen game on the Steam bestseller list? Is it supposed to be good?

Is that the Dark Souls type game?

It's supposedly a straightforward Souls-like game. I heard it was kind of short on content, but I guess we'll see what people say once they get their hands on it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it is. I'm starting to wish you had gotten a PS3 sooner, they started porting all the third party exclusives soon after you got one.
The Darkness on PC confirmed (?)

I'd double dip so hard. Finding the one used copy available here was one of my 2014 highlights so far, and I haven't even finished the game yet. SO GOOD.

So far I'm a few hours into FFXIII (with GeDoSaTo of course), and it's pretty decent. Story is nonsense of course, but now I've got Paradigms and the Crystal grid...thing the battle system is a lot more engaging.
Decent? I'd say it's awesome! I'm digging it a lot, and I don't want the world to become more open or the battle system deeper. I like it fine just the way it is now.

If only Taylor Swift's 1989 would come to Steam. This week would be like, totally tops.
I don't think she can top Speak Now.
Red was masterful.
You guys really like her, not in an ironic way? That's totally fine, of course, but... you know, yeah. I mean... my little sister listens to her :p

That said, I do kinda, sort of, almost enjoy the song "Speak now". And, uh... maybe "Haunted" too. But that's about it!

Haunted

Is all of Valkyria Chronicles like this? That's all I know of the game.
That's one of the story intermissions between missions.

This is a better representation of what actually playing the game is like.

I tried to find some more YT videos showing off the varied mission design, but they're all just Rank A walkthroughs, and those don't show off the game very well, only how to speedrun the game by completely breaking and abusing its stupid ranking system :lol.

Zafir

That's one of the story intermissions between missions.

This
is a better representation of what actually playing the game is like.

I tried to find some more YT videos showing off the varied mission design, but they're all just Rank A walkthroughs, and those don't show off the game very well, only how to speedrun the game by completely breaking and abusing its stupid ranking system :lol.

Heh, going for A ranks took the fun out of the game for me. I really shouldn't have been so anal with them, by the half way point I was kind of burned out and it meant I ended up not finishing the game. xD

Sajjaja

You guys really like her, not in an ironic way? That's totally fine, of course, but... you know, yeah. I mean... my little sister listens to her :p

That said, I do kinda, sort of, almost enjoy the song "Speak now". And, uh... maybe "Haunted" too. But that's about it!

Hey man, I listen to mostly metal (death, thrash, progressive), and when I was told by my buddy that Speak Now is actually a good album, I was reluctant but I gave it a shot anyways. I was pleasantly surprised.

Grief.exe

Haunted

Heh, going for A ranks took the fun out of the game for me. I really shouldn't have been so anal with them, by the half way point I was kind of burned out and it meant I ended up not finishing the game. xD
Yeah, the way the ranking system works is by far the game's biggest flaw. It encourages to play the game in the least interesting and exciting way possible, circumventing most of the elements that actually make the gameplay varied and interesting.

Mind-boggingly bad design, and completely unintuitive. If you haven't played Valkyria Chronicles yet, I strongly recommend ignoring the ranking system for your first playthrough, you'll have a much better experience with the game.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hey man, I listen to mostly metal (death, thrash, progressive), and when I was told by my buddy that Speak Now is actually a good album, I was reluctant but I gave it a shot anyways. I was pleasantly surprised.

I like you already :)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Same. Huge Prog and post rock fan.

Strazyplus

Okay mini review of that game The bureau XCOM declassified to fit in the theme of Bureau & also avoid Spoilers, spoiler tags ahoy!

From the beginning the game is quite dated looking for something that was released last year.
Bureau
started with very little expectations, in fact I actually disliked the tutorials it threw at me, I barely touched them but with slight interactions I found quite easy to turn battles to your favor for the beginning. the story so far becomes predictable as Russian general of the circle was the only one to voice disagreements was clearly marked to be under the influence of the
aliens
Quickly though the game I found my Frame rate actually plummets often as I am rocking a good GPU "GTX 780"I was disappointed at the visuals vs the demand put on my GPU as most of the load was put onto the tons of
lasers.
Finally we get to the XCOM main base where it seems you to settle in and have dialogue with your colleagues, which was well done spite the Alien that was deep within your base whom spoke like a zealot. Something left to the unknown in XCOM Enemy unknown. I enjoyed the base and I hope we get to spend more time there and building up the story though dialogue and decisions. So far this is as far I as gotten as so far been mediocre. I do expect tons more
Rave battles
with tons of lasers however.

~Strazyplus

rtcn63

Sunset Overdrive looks like Dead Rising, with a default easy difficulty and no real point to the madness. I'd try it if it ever comes to PC, but it doesn't look like something you'd play more than once, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom