• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

So what did I miss? Why did a copy of Spacebase DF9 appear in my inventory?

Because you own Hack n slash.

It's a gift!

As a bonus for the customers who have supported us thus far, anyone who already owns the game gets a free copy of Hack ‘n’ Slash, and anyone who owns Hack ‘n’ Slash gets a free copy of Spacebase.

And I'm just sitting here with a copy of Dead Island Epidemic...

iIltVzfmezPNI.jpg

Hey man, I listen to mostly metal (death, thrash, progressive), and when I was told by my buddy that Speak Now is actually a good album, I was reluctant but I gave it a shot anyways. I was pleasantly surprised.

Same here tastewise (though more of a power, prog, melodeath guy), and yeah, Speak Now really surprised me. I was going to listen to her new album until I saw that Ziltoid 2 was put on Spotify. Just had the two Z2 albums on repeat allllll day.

She doesn't really share a lot of similarities to metal, but I've noticed a lot of metalheads that are past the elitist "kvlt and trve" metal only phase are TSwift fans. Guess she scratches an itch that metal doesn't.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if Dreadout and the 2 Obscure games dont get proper sales this halloween sale im going to do something drastic

...pout and throw a hissy fit :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
IGN review confirms what peeps that have been playing it said about Lords of the Fallen, that its easy. Deffinately not Dark Souls in that sense, so if thats what you were hoping for, well...On the other hand, if DS was too hard and you wanted something like it but more manageable, this might be for you.

For me, who plays every game on normal, Dark Souls difficulty was something I learned to live with, not cherrish, so im fine with this. I have too many games and too little time these days anyway.

oh they gave it a 7.4

edit: and 8.5 from Game Informer. Getting mid-tier goodness vibes here (Singularity, Prototype, etc) hopefully pans out, going to stream it tomorow when it unlocks. and 7.5 from polygon, and gamespot dude says on twitter he really likes it and its a sleeper hit, no review yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had to restart a zone in Styx because the last collectable I needed was in a spot that's impossible to get to if you happen to have unfastened the nearby cage. Every other collectable up to this point has been obtainable regardless of how you've interacted the level, so I'm filing this one under "Stupid".

Rhaknar

I had to restart a zone in Styx because the last collectable I needed was in a spot that's impossible to get to if you unfastened the nearby cage. Every other collectable up to this point has been obtainable regardless of how you've interacted the level, so I'm filing this one under "Stupid".

im filling you under "Australian"

also its freaking me out that you are playing that, stop...stop playing games >_<

Turfster

I had to restart a zone in Styx because the last collectable I needed was in a spot that's impossible to get to if you unfastened the nearby cage. Every other collectable up to this point has been obtainable regardless of how you've interacted the level, so I'm filing this one under "Stupid".

I know exactly where you are ;)
And yeah, when I grabbed that one, I was wondering if it would... make it unreachable.
It's not as stupid as some of the ones in the final mission, though, which you cannot get without exactly the right conditions being met, which require serious planning ahead and creates bigger problems somewhere else.

KarmaCow

The new Free Hoxton heist in Payday 2 is ridiculous on Deathwish since they just decided to throw more specials at players instead introducing new wrinkles like in Watchdogs or Election Day. There was one time where we killed 7 dozers one right after another and that's not including the packs of tasers and cloakers. It's not even consistent. One attempt, we had three dozers spawn within the first minute, another we saw only a couple dozers the entire first day.

It's a shame because the heist itself is actually pretty fun. The first day is Heat Street but with obstacles in the way you need to deal with in Payday 2 fashion. The second day is a typical defend a point while the hack progresses but there are various objectives around the map that you need to do every so often. Both days are pretty randomized in terms of what the obstacle blocking the truck or what kind of thing you need to find in the FBI headquarters so the hack can continue. Not what I was expecting from the heist, but still interesting.

The new Free Hoxton heist in Payday 2 is ridiculous on Deathwish since they just decided to throw more specials at players instead introducing new wrinkles like in Watchdogs or Election Day. There was one time where we killed 7 dozers one right after another and that's not including the packs of tasers and cloakers. It's not even consistent. One attempt, we had three dozers spawn within the first minute, another we saw only a couple dozers the entire first day.

It's a shame because the heist itself is actually pretty fun. The first day is Heat Street but with obstacles in the way you need to deal with in Payday 2 fashion. The second day is a typical defend a point while the hack progresses but there are various objectives around the map that you need to do every so often. Both days are pretty randomized in terms of what the obstacle blocking the truck or what kind of thing you need to find in the FBI headquarters so the hack can continue. Not what I was expecting from the heist, but still interesting.

I agree, I think the parking garage part get's absolutely insane in terms of enemy spawns. Day 2 is a little better I think because you can seal off parts of the main room to funnel the enemies in. Really fun heist though overall, and I'm loving the sharpened tooth brush shank weapon, it makes my shield knockback skill that much better because of how fast the shank hits.

Rhaknar

Prepare to be sad because I preordered the original Binding of Isaac and I just didn't like it.

I ain't even on your friends list but idgaf.

same here, never got the hype around it, but I respect it

Grief.exe

Prepare to be sad because I preordered the original Binding of Isaac and I just didn't like it.

I ain't even on your friends list but idgaf.

same here, never got the hype around it, but I respect it

Binding of Isaac is definitely not for everyone. Super difficult, obscure mechanics, flash issues, and strange style. Even the creator of the game thought the release would never find success.

Rhaknar

for you SLI experts / long time users, do companies release official profiles long after games are out, or if they are not out on release or shortly thereafter, you are shit out of luck?

Im asking mostly for Mordor, but there are others

So, how about a "Proper PC gamers buy Valkyria Chronicles" thread title change?

would be much more accurate than the travesty that was the wiiu title for awhile

Shadownet

Banned
Shadow noooo! I'll forgive your transgressions always.

To anyone else who wont be playing, I'll forgive you if come February I see you in game Witcher 3.

Witcher 3 ehh? That I can definitely do. I'm incredibly excited for it.

Btw, I just read IGN review for Lord of the Fallens, 7.5 out of 10. I guess that's not a bad score. Probably will wait for a 50% off at least before picking it up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
for you SLI experts / long time users, do companies release official profiles long after games are out, or if they are not out on release or shortly thereafter, you are shit out of luck?

Im asking mostly for Mordor, but there are others

Use the FEAR 3 bits with Mordor. The scaling isn't perfect but it's better than nothing.

Rhaknar

Use the FEAR 3 bits with Mordor. The scaling isn't perfect but it's better than nothing.

I dont know how to use specific game ones. Im using the control panel method, I believe what you are talking about involves nvidia inspector and is more complicated?

edit: on Lucasart, surely if its coming to GOG, its coming to Steam correct? especially with the latest Disney push on steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom