• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

VC expectations should be rock bottom, being realistic and all.

This is Sega we're talking about though, look at Binary Domain, Sonic Generations or Racing Transformed...
Yeah, if game logic is running at 30 fps they won't fix that (Jet Set Radio, etc), but they do know how to make a good PC port, unlike Squeenix.

Nethaniah

This is Sega we're talking about though, look at Binary Domain, Sonic Generations or Racing Transformed...
Yeah, if game logic is running at 30 fps they won't fix that (Jet Set Radio, etc), but they do know how to make a good PC port, unlike Squeenix.

You mean the game that's unplayable because it doesn't support real mouse controls and just emulates an analog stick? Even worse is the fact that the gamepad controls suck just as much.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So Ghostbusters is currently $3, which I think is the cheapest it's ever been since coming back to Steam. Heads up for those interested!

I'm downloading it now myself, managed to miss the last sale I wanted, for Journey of a Roach.

Teppic

Played a bit of Claire and well... I didn't like it. Story is the usual weird things happening for "reasons", at least so far. The writing isn't good. Gameplay is nothing special, just go through a lot of rooms and collect everything. Many locked doors. Occasionally there is some monster you have to run away and hide from. The running mechanic from Alan Wake is back. Played it for 40 minutes and came across one thing that looked like a puzzle of sorts (a clock that you could change hour and minutes on).

I don't know what I expected. I guess I wanted something scary that had some adventure type puzzles in it. I did go into it blind, so it's my own fault for not looking up what it actually was. I don't find these type of games scary, just boring.

Copons

Why not even a single one of you mentioned Skies of Arcadia?
I've had the GC version ready to be played on Dolphin for years now, but I'm waiting for Sega to re-release it on Steam so that someone will mod out the random encounters ratio, replacing it with a fixed 0, to finally allow me to freely explore the best game world ever without those motherfucking ghost-ish enemies with 300% evade popping up every other second.

EDIT: Skies of Arcadia = best RPG (J AND C) ever.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So Ghostbusters is currently $3, which I think is the cheapest it's ever been since coming back to Steam. Heads up for those interested!

I'm downloading it now myself, managed to miss the last sale I wanted, for Journey of a Roach.

I think I bought this in the last sale. As a Ghostbusters fan I enjoyed it, it's a decent little game. The only problem is that the AI for your teammates is pretty dire sometimes, I think I had real trouble with the last boss because I was constantly having to save them due to them being terrible at finding cover. The references and the voice work are great though, it feels like a real Ghostbusters 3.

AHA-Lambda

Urgh, guys I backed Republique on Kickstarter and emailed them a while back about getting my money refunded (cos I wasn't happy at the lack of news with the PC version) and they did do so.

But I see on my Humble Store account a page for Republique for whenever the PC version does come along, what do I do?

Deques

can someone explain what this key trading thing is? or point me to an explanation?

In Russialand the games have much lower price. The Russians can buy games and gift to us suckers who still have to pay a much higher prices.
Often they only want keys as payment, so we buy lots of keys and buy games with keys.

Keys can be from TF2, Dota2 or CSGO and can be bought from the Steam Market

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Urgh, guys I backed Republique on Kickstarter and emailed them a while back about getting my money refunded (cos I wasn't happy at the lack of news with the PC version) and they did do so.

But I see on my Humble Store account a page for Republique for whenever the PC version does come along, what do I do?

Depending on which way your moral compass points, you have two options: wait it out and see if you get the game or ask Humble to remove the order from your account as you've been refunded.

Derp

Is it thread worthy? I've never made a thread. The thought of it is scary.

I searched but couldn't find a thread made about it.

Tellaerin

You know, it's always funny when installing some game makes you want to play some other game instead.

I finally got around to installing Battlefield 2142, which I'd picked up for 99 cents during an Amazon sale awhile back. Online play's been deprecated and the program can't contact the server to authorize new accounts for offline profiles, but after some Googling and a little futzing around, I managed to get offline play set up and played a few rounds against some bots.

In the end, all I managed to accomplish, besides wasting about 40 minutes, was to make myself nostalgic for Star Wars Battlefront II. >.> So I uninstalled BF2142 and dug out my old SWBF2 box. Right now I'm sitting here eyeing the CD's (all four of them) and trying to decide if I feel like sitting through a lengthy install right now.

Finally! my new laptop (can't build a rig since I'm usually sent to different locations due to my work) will arrive in my country by the end of the month, Ghostbusters for a key, Valkyria Chronicles getting a PC port with a tease for Vanquish.

Today is a good day.
```````````````````````````````````
Steam related: I now wait either the Winter Seal or the halloween one to craft badges.

baterism

You mean the game that's unplayable because it doesn't support real mouse controls and just emulates an analog stick? Even worse is the fact that the gamepad controls suck just as much.

Eh, are we playing a same game? I finished BD long ago and don't remember anything especially bad about that. Just annoyed that using gamepad doesn't automatically change button symbols.

Teppic

aww. crafting badges can wait then. Though I have no guarantee if Steam will still implement any sort of meta-game come winter arrives.
If Valve doesn't have a meta game for the winter sale I'm going to be very salty. I invested quite a bit in cards. I'm not that worried though.

Copons

If Valve doesn't have a meta game for the winter sale I'm going to be very salty. I invested quite a bit in cards. I'm not that worried though.

Considering how much free cash flows in Valve's pockets during sales metagames, I don't see any reason why they should quit with them. :D

I've had no problems with the controls either.

Same, played it this year using an xbox controller and it was awesome. I'm not the pickiest when it comes to games and the controls but I did manage to get pretty good at popping those android heads off. Oh that satisfying *ping* when they pop.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Aren't metagames mostly Summer though? I think Winter is mostly sale and not much else.

Winter had the snowglobe badges last year. Plus this awesome wallpaper:
fWFc82js0fmoRAP-qOIPu5THSWqfSmTELLqcUywUlj3Hz8JQD_k62zmnzAEbeQUdVBitsTVCj831QvuYDe0T1IhjssQHiXk8kll9MLTlaWEwJVGVVvcIBPA-rFG-DCVivsZgVo6y8r5XcQjp5YeTLepsZ090bxr1

No Team event like the Summer sale last year, but I imagine that'll be coming back in some form.

Chariot

Winter had the snowglobe badges last year. Plus this awesome wallpaper:

No Team event like the Summer sale last year, but I imagine that'll be coming back in some form.
Hm, I did miss that. Well, I am never home at winter sale time, so I only use my smartphone to look for cheap stuff. Gnarf, isn't it nice that I totally miss out on this stuff, when only using the app? ;___;

Why not even a single one of you mentioned Skies of Arcadia?
I've had the GC version ready to be played on Dolphin for years now, but I'm waiting for Sega to re-release it on Steam so that someone will mod out the random encounters ratio, replacing it with a fixed 0, to finally allow me to freely explore the best game world ever without those motherfucking ghost-ish enemies with 300% evade popping up every other second.

EDIT: Skies of Arcadia = best RPG (J AND C) ever.

I want Grandia 2 :p

Tenrius

So I've finally upgraded to Windows from my Windows 8 and it somehow screwed up the Bluetooth service, which means I can't use my mouse until I find a way to fix it (I'm getting there though). There's also the sensor keyboard button that for some reason keeps appearing on the taskbar despite me turning it off. Hate this stuff.

Copons

I'd really like to replay Skies of Arcadia. Played the Dreamcast version for ages. Although, never played the GC version. PC version would be best.

I finished it both on DC and GC, and the GC version was hugely improved over the DC one, mostly because they reduced (a tiny bit) the random encounters that in some areas were overwhelmingly annoying.
I don't know how hard it is to get it, but the hour or so I played it on Dolphin was really great thanks to the improved resolution and other graphic stuff.

GEAP8P-3.png

(worst lighting possible, the actual game is not so ugly :D )

I want Grandia 2 :p

Pshh, they're not even in the same league.
great game though, wonder why the series was left diyng this way :(

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/525847243765448704

Has this been posted anywhere yet? Any thread on this? Dorito Pope planning something with Bethesda. Assuming it's some sought of VGX thing.

Half Life 3 confirmed?
No but seriously. It could be the game that starts with F and ends with 4... The one that shall not be named...

the only reason i'm excited for fallout 4 is that we'll probably get a decent one by obsidian after bethesda is done with it
ftYIg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom