• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

So, the original Floppy version runs on what? DosBox?

And the Windows 95 version runs on what? Naively on your current Windows?

Yep the DOS version runs on DOS box and the Windows version runs through GOG's launcher. I get some lovely colour space errors when trying to run the Windows app natively and the DOS version kicks up errors due to being on a 64bit OS but I haven't tied a few compatability methods yet but you do get the original files all there.

christ, the base price on that transformers game is still $60? Activision, not everything can get away with call of duty pricing.

It's especially hard to pay $15 when you consider that Ghostbusters was going for less than $3.

Ban Puncher

christ, the base price on that transformers game is still $60? Activision, not everything can get away with call of duty pricing.

It's especially hard to pay $15 when you consider that Ghostbusters was going for less than $3.

Yes but what if the license expires and Transformers disappears from Steam forever?

WHAT THEN???

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lords of the Fallen loses points imediatly for playing each ad intro (alienware, nvidia, etc) TWICE, because we love those so much I guess

then it gets back those points for having borderless window

sperm-whale-600.jpg

Wow, I'm a lucky guy :) Thank you so much!

I feel like an idiot for wasting 2 hours trying to find a trader for Alien instead of working on my final project :( Not blaming you, fantomema, BTW. I'm referring more to people on trading sites.

I have way too many games anyways, and still some Halloween KF cheevos to get. Oh, well.

EDIT: Any thoughts on Miasmata? I may give it a try tonight.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Kamiya just RT'd this:

https://twitter.com/Invertednormals/status/526995873473892352

Matt Charlesworth @Invertednormals
Let's hope @SEGA does the right thing and brings Vanquish to PC next.

The guy works at Valve

giphy.gif

Why not even a single one of you mentioned Skies of Arcadia?
I've had the GC version ready to be played on Dolphin for years now, but I'm waiting for Sega to re-release it on Steam so that someone will mod out the random encounters ratio, replacing it with a fixed 0, to finally allow me to freely explore the best game world ever without those motherfucking ghost-ish enemies with 300% evade popping up every other second.

EDIT: Skies of Arcadia = best RPG (J AND C) ever.

Oh god, Vanquish too!? I'm happy for it but I'd rather have Skies of Arcadia. It seems like an easy port too.

I've wanted to try Skies of Arcadia, but the only system I have that can play it would be the GC version, and it's way too expensive :p

A PC port would be good for my wallet.

If SEGA wanted to do something interesting and completely out of left field, they could release SMT 1&2 on Steam. SMT1 with the translation from the IOS version, can't remember if SMT2 iOS is out in the west yet.

That would be pretty sweet.

SMT 1, 2, if..., Nocturne, etc. etc.

Bring them all. I will buy them.

Lords of the Fallen loses points imediatly for playing each ad intro (alienware, nvidia, etc) TWICE, because we love those so much I guess

then it gets back those points for having borderless window

First thing i look for when i start a game is a way to disable those ad intros if there isn't a means of skipping them. Sometimes, i disable them anyhow, just cause ya can.

Unreal Engine has a general launch option (-nostartupmovies) that works on almost every UE3 game. If not, you'll usually need to delete/rename those files so that they don't pop up again.

It's always the worst with games that require restarts for changes to take effect and you have to sit through scaleform and nvidia and speedtree and the 10 dev teams that worked on the game as they blast you with poorly compressed videos that take too damn long

Ban Puncher

Oh, how it pains me to do this!

hqdefault.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transformers: War for Cybertron -- MB-EB9DA81EA9419053 - Taken by Fantastapotamus. 18 entrants total.

t1414518179z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i don't even know what daylight saving time is. we don't have this here

Consider yourself lucky. Hopefully one day it'll stop being a thing everywhere, as it's really annoying and serves no real purpose other than to confuse people twice a year.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I miss something important today, gaming related (excluding that Alien stuff)?

X-Wing and Tie Fighter are available on GOG.com
Both good Transformers games (War of Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron) are 75% on Steam's Daily Deal.
Newest somewhat good Transformer game (Rise of the Dark Spark) is 50% off on Steam
Bioshock Infinite (and all the Bioshocks) are part of the Midweek Madness on Steam
Crusader: No Remorse is up for free on Origin's "Free game of the month" offer.
Realms of the Haunting is free on IndieGala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom