• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

That Indie Gala giveaway for Realms of the Haunting has been telling me that the giveaway will be back in 20 minutes for... definitely more than 20 minutes now. : / I wonder if the ship's already sailed on this one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If there are any copies left floating around for Alien I can paypal immediately. Steam ID is Detective John Kimble lvl 16 profile.

Obligatory "I'm a cop you idiot!" and "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

That Indie Gala giveaway for Realms of the Haunting has been telling me that the giveaway will be back in 20 minutes for... definitely more than 20 minutes now. : / I wonder if the ship's already sailed on this one.

Probably just a site hiccup. They had 250,000 keys to give away. There's no chance in hell they're all gone.

Mordeccai

Obligatory "I'm a cop you idiot!" and "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

I can't tell you how many times I hear every combination of Kindergarten Cop quotes daily. I play a lot of dota and CSGO and probably every third match someone goes crazy with the quotes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't tell you how many times I hear every combination of Kindergarten Cop quotes daily. I play a lot of dota and CSGO and probably every third match someone goes crazy with the quotes.

To be fair, that movie is very quotable. :)

At this very moment I am looking at the school it was filmed in from my window.

Asgaro

No, i'm with you lol.
It IS unfair, my ps3 broke down so i couldn't play GTAV.

I have a PS3 Slim but refused to buy GTA V.
The game would be sub 30 FPS anyway so I didn't bother.

(I first completed GTA IV on PC. Then years later, I bought a PS3 Slim for the exclusives and thought "Why dont I buy and do a replay of GTA IV"? Worst. decision. evar.
The FPS was horrible. I can't believe people can enjoy open world games on a console with that performance.
Eventually I stopped after a few days of trying.
About 6 months later, I replayed GTA IV. Again on PC, but now with awesome mods.

Haven't made the same mistake with V. Good things come to those who wait.)

IsThereAnyDeal really wants me to get Dream. This is after having deleted 11 of these already.

bGVnl9k.jpg

Bought it on GMG a few days ago with my credit. Still wonder why I put it in my wishlist. Guess because of the VR support.

kudoboi

is it possible that they could region lock alien isolation once it has been redeemed into my library? eg: restrict it to only run in norway

Ozium

anyone know how those games in that new bundlestars bundle are? I already have Cat Lady.. interested in the warehouse sim cuz why not... lol

Dr Dogg

Anybody bought X-Wing and Tie Fighter from GOG already? Are they just shitty DosBOX pack-in versions?

Well only had a mess about with TIE Fighter but you get both the initial DOS version and the later Windows 95 version. Though the DOS version appears to be what was released on a bazillion floppies and not the later released Collection on CD. So it's missing speech options, the 640x480 rendering option and I'm guessing the added battle that was exclusive to the CD version. The Windows 95 version is pretty much as released but does recongnise a 360 pad.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien: Isolation Digital Deluxe Edition (2) -- MB-F798A6E61B7A4786 - Taken by ctw0e. 41 entrants total.
Alien: Isolation Digital Deluxe Edition (1) -- MB-6E4CC738B052AD65 - Taken by Dimitri2401. 36 entrants total.

t1414516199z1.png

sperm-whale-600.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well only had a mess about with TIE Fighter but you get both the initial DOS version and the later Windows 95 version. Though the DOS version appears to be what was released on a bazillion floppies and not the later released Collection on CD. So it's missing speech options, the 640x480 rendering option and I'm guessing the added battle that was exclusive to the CD version. The Windows 95 version is pretty much as released but does recongnise a 360 pad.

So, the original Floppy version runs on what? DosBox?

And the Windows 95 version runs on what? Naively on your current Windows?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lords of the Fallen is unlocked

edit: oh steam hasnt adjusted to day light davings time, earlier deals. Guess thats why Lords is unlocking at 5 instead of the usual 6

jshackles

Lords of the Fallen is unlocked

edit: oh steam hasnt adjusted to day light davings time, earlier deals. Guess thats why Lords is unlocking at 5 instead of the usual 6

Daylight savings time doesn't end in the US until Nov 2nd. Because 'merica! and stuff.

Probably just a site hiccup. They had 250,000 keys to give away. There's no chance in hell they're all gone.
The giveaway worked for me too, but no key is appearing. The site does say this though:

Free Stuff from IndieGala*

*If you get the free item at the beginning of the giveaway when
traffic is very high, You may have to wait up to 120 minutes
before you see the key on your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom