• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Bioware is dead to me.
I sorta lost hope with how bad Dragon Age 2 was, though I still enjoyed it somewhat. lost a bit of faith with Mass Effect 3 ending as well.

They were my favorite developer after Naughty Dog, with how amazing Dragon Age Inquisition look and the hope of Mass Effect 4 being something amazing. I'm willing to give them another chance.

So yesterday was my birthday, but I saw someone else in the thread was celebrating their birthday, so I figured I'd wait a day to do my Modbot key dump. Happy birthday JustLynx. It's a good day to be born.
Happy Birthday Button! :D and nope! you're going to be living till one hundred and ten!

Vibranium

Banned
All right, Xcom EU is legit, but I suck haha. Still, I'm loving the hell out of it and I'm just thinking of how awesome the next game is going to be.

Still have to play Enemy Within as well.

Skyzard

Banned
Nice of you, happy birthday buttonbasher!

And a late happy b'day to JustLynx.

Hadn't heard of super splatter before, looks pretty fun.

Nabs

The new Humble Flash Bundle is awesome, finally i'll be able to make my friends to buy SpeedRunners :O NomNom Galaxy looks also very nice for coop!

I ended up getting Reddit Gold for the 2 months of Giant Bomb premium. I'm not a big GB fan, but I've always wanted to check it out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What next game? have they announced anything XCOM related?

no but its like saying "cant wait for the next fallout". its something you know is going to happen even if its not announced

He just says that because their recent games are not on steam.

nah Grief is serious about his videogame crusades. he needs to be more like me, not give a fuck about anything. Then you enjoy everything :p

of course that means having no morals

Teeth

I sorta lost hope with how bad Dragon Age 2 was, though I still enjoyed it somewhat. lost a bit of faith with Mass Effect 3 ending as well.

They were my favorite developer after Naughty Dog, with how amazing Dragon Age Inquisition look and the hope of Mass Effect 4 being something amazing. I'm willing to give them another chance.

Enough people run through Bioware over the years that it's basically a new development team for each game (a few keys notwithstanding). I don't write any team off, that's silly. I also don't pre-order or day-one games.

Every game deserves a chance.

Shadownet

Banned
I don't suppose anyone has an extra copy of Lone Survivor Director's Cut from the latest Humble Bundle? I'll pay you for it. PM me if you have one.

Edit: Thank you Bernardo <3

Happy Birthday Button! :D and nope! you're going to be living till one hundred and ten!
Nice of you, happy birthday buttonbasher!

Thanks guys!

Just gonna repost my giveaway for the new page since it was so close to the bottom. Sorry if this is spam-y for mainly bundle extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Buttonbasher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-70E98B896C1F3E93 - Taken by nja. 4 entrants total.
Farm for your Life -- MB-4948791C63900A71 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 10 entrants total.
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-F3C910E240A2B2A9 - Taken by Milamber. 3 entrants total.
Splatter -- MB-0C2EF1E23F4E672E - Taken by Kuroyume. 9 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite -- MB-9B89ACD2B66C3F80 - Taken by celsowmbr. 2 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-2510CDEFF865498E - Taken by The Reloader. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-DEA000D12D5E8D4E - Taken by DJSebolski. 5 entrants total.
Radical Roach -- MB-30EDC73D2A9D7D75 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-976CC3AA94728538
Little Farm -- MB-A1F1D7BD8560C450 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Super Panda Adventures -- MB-8B38A84413277B09 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-B482EB1514887BF5 - Taken by Htown. 3 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-BB7F7F7D018A3D9F
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Prototypes -- MB-B3D000A87E7202B5 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-B2E771EAA3059E00 - Taken by SaveFerris. 1 entrants total.

t1413880291z1.png

Vibranium

Banned
What next game? have they announced anything XCOM related?

No, but it's probably going to happen because Enemy Unknown apparently did very well. I am also hoping that the awesome Wolfeinstein The New Order was good enough for Bethesda to ensure a sequel since it sold great too. I need more MachineGames in my life.

Happy birthday button!

Shadownet

Banned
This is what I love most about SteamGAF, on birthdays people actually raffle off games instead of like most people in real life asking for big party and gifts.

(well I mean people who announce that its their birthday anyway, but those who prefer to not tell us its their birthday is perfectly fine too of course.)
I'm just trying to say, SteamGAF are a bunch of generous people. Even if they are all bundle games, someone will surely love it. It's the thought that counts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

well thats at least more than 3 enemies on screen like the streams have shown, thats good

also that looks like a training thing (button indicators on screen) so if that only happens in the training and not actually in the game, thats...not so good >_<

Toki767

well thats at least more than 3 enemies on screen like the streams have shown, thats good

also that looks like a training thing (button indicators on screen) so if that only happens in the training and not actually in the game, thats...not so good >_<

There are lots of moments with more than 3 enemies on screen. This is actually like the first 2-3 minutes of the game showing you the possibilities of a fully upgraded Korra.
Then you get your bending taken away. :(

Is the tutorial, at the start of the game, probably is a part of the final stages of the game.

kurahador

There are lots of moments with more than 3 enemies on screen. This is actually like the first 2-3 minutes of the game showing you the possibilities of a fully upgraded Korra.
Then you get your bending taken away. :(

Ughhhh....video games. I hate when games do this.

I'm curious about that 3DS Korra game tbh, being a turn-based strategy.
Could be a surprise hit like Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars.

Rhaknar

Wolfenstein 2014 can be considered horror, right?

why would it be considered horror? unless you want to get all philosofical and talk about the horror of world war 2 and nazis >_>

Rhaknar

They've been busy!

I would bet good money that its a small offset of Platinum working on this, not the actual main team. Saying "its platinum" doesnt mean much, thats like saying "its bioware" or "its capcom"

thats my opinion of course, I can very well be mistaken and the same people that made Vanquish or Rising made this

I just want a good discount come Halloween Sale.

ah. well I have seen games that borderline qualify as horror in previous sales, you might get lucky

Lain

So yesterday was my birthday

Happy birthday 1 day later!

-

I have been playing Mirror's Edge these past 2 days after managing to remove the controller's buttons (might seem silly to most, but it annoyed me to no end). Just as I thought back when I first tried the demo on PS3, this game plays so much better for me with KB/M.
I still have annoyances with the game, like Marc telling me to move while I'm looking around (why have those suitcases hidden, which I have to look for, if then have to listen to this dude telling me get a move on) but on the other hand the game's stylized look is really captivating and this time around I'm feeling the experience a lot more.

I've been down-sampling the game from from 3840x2160 and that makes it really good though even with the in-game AA activated and set to the max I still get some sort of jaggies. I tried to downsample from some even higher resolutions, though both the ones I tried didn't give me the results I was hoping for. Just like with FFXIII, going from a 7680x4320 resolution brings my PC to its knees with 0.5 fps. From 5120x2880 I managed to get a more or less stable 30fps but that didn't feel as good as the constant 60fps at 3840x2160, so I set on that.

The Italian VA is lackluster and leaves a lot to be desired, but at least it's there.

MUnited83

For you.
I would bet good money that its a small offset of Platinum working on this, not the actual main team. Saying "its platinum" doesnt mean much, thats like saying "its bioware" or "its capcom"

thats my opinion of course, I can very well be mistaken and the same people that made Vanquish or Rising made this

Considering the difference of the sheer number of employees, not it isn't.

Toki767

ah. well I have seen games that borderline qualify as horror in previous sales, you might get lucky

Actually, if you look up the director and producer and other members of this game, you'll see that the last game they worked on was Bayonetta 2.

Rhaknar

Considering the difference of the sheer number of employees, not it isn't.

it is in the sense that its as meaningless. Like Grief earlier swearing off Bioware, as if there is only 1 Bioware team, people praising any Platinum game like its always the same team is weird. Especially in what is obvious (and not just from the price) a budget game. Again, I would bet good money that this was worked on by a small team at plat.

Also, Platinum Games has 171 employees, thats not exactly a small indie studio. Like Dark Souls 1 and 2 were worked on by different teams at From (most people call the DS2 team the B team), im sure this was the same case, only here, I bet it was the C team, while Platinum worked on Bayo 2 and works on their next big thing, that weird ass PS4 game for example.

Also, does Capcom even develop games these days lol :(

Sendou

Although one of the most popular user tags for Wolfenstein: The New Order is "Gore". Horror appears there too. That might be enough to get it a place in the halloween sale.

Rhaknar

Although one of the most popular user tags for Wolfenstein: The New Order is "Gore". Horror appears there too. That might be enough to get it a place in the halloween sale.

ibqFgYxQgI3hRz.gif

man, Wolf was cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom