• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Enemies stand there waiting for a beating, I hope it's training mode.

its the tutorial at the start. You'll also notice that theres a distinct lack of actual contact with the monsters in most cases, and the dude is just spamming aoe spells for the most part.

Ill stop shitting on the game now, which is not even my intent but I realise thats what its sounding like. Hell I'm most likely buying it later >_<

Elija2

I was kinda interested in the Flash Bundle but the only games I care about are Speedrunners and King Arthur's Gold. I already own Speedrunners and King Arthur's Gold's online community seems to be dead. Nothing else in the bundle interests me. Oh well.

Lain

If Lord of the Fallen had a female character available to pick or would let me create a female avatar, I'd probably be excited for it.

ViviOggi

it is in the sense that its as meaningless. Like Grief earlier swearing off Bioware, as if there is only 1 Bioware team, people praising any Platinum game like its always the same team is weird. Especially in what is obvious (and not just from the price) a budget game. Again, I would bet good money that this was worked on by a small team at plat.

At worst they're still sitting in a huge room together with Kamiya et al. who they can ask for advice if they manage to catch him between tweets. I don't think anyone expects Korra to be as fleshed out and full of content as Bayonetta or even Rising, but given their track record it's not unreasonable to expect a certain quality standard from P* - or a lack of quality from Bioware, for that matter. It's not like Grief is forever going to ignore Inquisition out of principle if it against all odds turns out to be the greatest RPG ever.

Anyway, I hope we'll see more of these smaller-scale projects from P* in the future.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If Lord of the Fallen had a female character available to pick or would let me create a female avatar, I'd probably be excited for it.

oh it doesnt? hmm

does it have classes at least?

edit: where's Yakku at? I need to get my Halloween Laharl on, Im tired of this TEW one :(

Toki767

its the tutorial at the start. You'll also notice that theres a distinct lack of actual contact with the monsters in most cases, and the dude is just spamming aoe spells for the most part.

Ill stop shitting on the game now, which is not even my intent but I realise thats what its sounding like. Hell I'm most likely buying it later >_<

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but it definitely does feel like a budget game. In the sense that combos seem to max out at like 4 button presses. The Temple Run mini-game that's not optional. Pro-bending matches are interesting, but very simplified.

The combat is where the game really shines though. It's too bad the beginning of the game makes it feel really slow and plodding. Combat picks up after a while though.

Anteater

well we at least know the producer for korra worked on quite a few games in the past

Da39r4X.jpg

tmarg

Although one of the most popular user tags for Wolfenstein: The New Order is "Gore". Horror appears there too. That might be enough to get it a place in the halloween sale.

The only game I've ever bought in a Steam Halloween sale is Borderlands, so obviously they are willing to play a bit loose with the theme. Trying to predict exactly what will be available is probably pointless.

That said, it's not a major sale, for some reason people's expectations for it seem way too high this year.

Skyzard

Banned
Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but it definitely does feel like a budget game. In the sense that combos seem to max out at like 4 button presses. The Temple Run mini-game that's not optional. Pro-bending matches are interesting, but very simplified.

The combat is where the game really shines though. It's too bad the beginning of the game makes it feel really slow and plodding. Combat picks up after a while though.

Just saw the temple run mini-game you're talking about :/ Why

Combat does look fun though, let's see.

Rhaknar

Thank you, this whole post makes me want to play the game, its the most realistic sounding description of what ive seen on streams. Glad to hear the combat improves, but man does the game look budget. Like I said earlier, those wide empty streets with blocky buildings are really bothering me for example, it looks so lifeless. And the combos looked so basic, I guess the different elements help flesh it out a bit. I dont know why its rubbing me the wrong way the way some people are describing the game (like its the next Vanquish or Bayo), but it is and I cant help it :/

Also I wish I was a fan of the show, that would help a lot. Maybe I should watch it, I keep hearing how good it is (I do like the girl's design at least). American cartoon voice acting tho...not sure I can handle that >_<

Yes, it has classes. The usual rogue, mage, warrior.

I wish it was possible to select a female character as well, but I'll probably buy the game anyway (if I can find it cheaper than Steam).

oh shit theres a mage class? I thought it was all stabby slashy stuff

Toki767

Thank you, this whole post makes me want to play the game, its the most realistic sounding description of what ive seen on streams. Glad to hear the combat improves, but man does the game look budget. Like I said earlier, those wide empty streets with blocky buildings are really bothering me for example, it looks so lifeless. And the combos looked so basic, I guess the different elements help flesh it out a bit. I dont know why its rubbing me the wrong way the way some people are describing the game (like its the next Vanquish or Bayo), but it is and I cant help it :/

Also I wish I was a fan of the show, that would help a lot. Maybe I should watch it, I keep hearing how good it is (I do like the girl's design at least). American cartoon voice acting tho...not sure I can handle that >_<

It's very much a mini-Platinum game. Not as fleshed out as their other games, but the price point means that it doesn't have to be. Actually surprised me to find out that there were platforming elements in this game too. The combat, like most Platinum stuff relies heavily on combos and countering/dodging attacks. It's basically Platinum gameplay down to the core though.

Kaleinc

Banned

Glad to hear the combat improves, but man does the game look budget. Like I said earlier, those wide empty streets with blocky buildings are really bothering me for example, it looks so lifeless. And the combos looked so basic, I guess the different elements help flesh it out a bit. I dont know why its rubbing me the wrong way the way some people are describing the game (like its the next Vanquish or Bayo), but it is and I cant help it :/
Anyone played Mini ninjas? The impression is LoK is the older brother with a bit deeper combat system and more pronounced visual effects.

Rhaknar

Anyone played Mini ninjas? The impression is LoK is the older brother with a bit deeper combat system and more pronounced visual effects.

Mini Ninjas was cute, I actually finished it :)

Deques

Err... Paranautical Activity dev's murder twitter?

Read an article about that. It was a stupid move of the dev. He lost sales because Steam didn't remove the Early Access tag from his game, now he wont get any sales at all since it's removed from Steam

madjoki

Read an article about that. It was a stupid move of the dev. He lost sales because Steam didn't remove the Early Access tag from his game, now he wont get any sales at all since it's removed from Steam

Well, he said he has tens of thousands steam keys still left.
I guess at least crazy collectors will try to get it because it's removed.

milena87

Dragon Age Inquisition isn't coming out on Steam, Origin only. I got mine pretty cheap though.
$45 for the Deluxe Edition.

Mexican Origin, right?

DAI is looking really interesting and I love the series (I'm reading through The Masked Empire right now). I even liked Dragon Age 2 for what it was.

I tried the Keep and it managed to boost my hype quite a bit :p

Rhaknar

Did you play it with your new setup yet? That looks delicious. You should stream that shit.

no I finished it already a few months ago. I dont
usually
do repeats, too much shit to play

iosefe

so...since Dark Souls gets a spare from the key...and since most people are gonna raffle them...

i'll just give mine away to the person who tells me the darkest joke they know.

General Rules and requirements
a joke that would make the strongest of Christians faint
you have 12 hours

t1413919800z1.png

Deques

so...since Dark Souls gets a spare from the key...and since most people are gonna raffle them, i'll just give mine away to the person who tells me the darkest joke they know.

you have 12 hours

t1413919800z1.png

How do I get extra key? The View CD Key is not there for me

do you see it on the right side when you select it in the library?

I should have looked there first before asking my question >.<

Thanks!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Buttonbasher, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Buttonbasher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-70E98B896C1F3E93 - Taken by nja. 4 entrants total.
Farm for your Life -- MB-4948791C63900A71 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 10 entrants total.
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-F3C910E240A2B2A9 - Taken by Milamber. 3 entrants total.
Splatter -- MB-0C2EF1E23F4E672E - Taken by Kuroyume. 9 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite -- MB-9B89ACD2B66C3F80 - Taken by celsowmbr. 2 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-2510CDEFF865498E - Taken by The Reloader. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-DEA000D12D5E8D4E - Taken by DJSebolski. 5 entrants total.
Radical Roach -- MB-30EDC73D2A9D7D75 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-976CC3AA94728538
Little Farm -- MB-A1F1D7BD8560C450 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Super Panda Adventures -- MB-8B38A84413277B09 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-B482EB1514887BF5 - Taken by Htown. 3 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-BB7F7F7D018A3D9F
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Prototypes -- MB-B3D000A87E7202B5 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-B2E771EAA3059E00 - Taken by SaveFerris. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Chainz 2: Relinked failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1413880291z1.png

Ozium

I don't know if I like the look of Rebirth compared to the old style...

Also the aiming doesn't seem as good since you can't arc your shot around stuff... dunno tho.

where's grief?

iosefe

For the new page
so...since Dark Souls gets a spare from the key...and since most people are gonna raffle them...

i'll just give mine away to the person who tells me the darkest joke they know.

General Rules and requirements
a joke that would make the strongest of Christians faint
you have 12 hours

t1413919800z1.png
Please send all responses in a pm, and i may or may not share the winner depending on how messed up the joke is

Shadownet

Banned
Why hasn't anyone claimed yet in 2.5hrs? Whats the catch?
As someone said, those that want it already have it. But yeah one has been claim. If anyone want the other XCOM key, go ahead and claim it. Give it to a buddy, I don't mind.

Mexican Origin, right?

DAI is looking really interesting and I love the series (I'm reading through The Masked Empire right now). I even liked Dragon Age 2 for what it was.

I tried the Keep and it managed to boost my hype quite a bit :p
Yes
Mexican Origin
If you need help on how to let me know. I thought $45 for Digital Deluxe Edition is a steal. If you get the normal edition, it's even cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom