• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Jazzpunk was definitely... something.
Overall, while I liked the concept and some of the ideas, quite a few of the "jokes" went a bit too "ha ha this is so whacky" for me.
Still, you can't go wrong for the price of the lowest tier in the current Humble bundle.

zkylon

zkylewd
Too hard to animate, duh!
Re: bolded, because Ubisoft is hilarious.

then again it's not just ubisoft, can't think of the last successful game with a female protagonist

like even in the last of us or bio infinite ellie and lizzy are non-playable characters

it's really hard for me to understand why this is but no wonder i enjoy playing games with character creation more

May I interest you in some Velvet Assassin?
isn't that like a terrible game?

Jazzpunk was definitely... something.
Overall, while I liked the concept and some of the ideas, quite a few of the "jokes" went a bit too "ha ha this is so whacky" for me.
Still, you can't go wrong for the price of the lowest tier in the current Humble bundle.
yea it's kinda weird

not sure if i like it yet

like it makes me laugh a bit but i feel like a lot of it just goes over my head

rtcn63

We should get a remake of FFX-2, with the three protagonists replaced by Saoirse Ronan, Skeletor Olsen, and Dormie. That would sell at least two copies.

then again it's not just ubisoft, can't think of the last successful game with a female protagonist

like even in the last of us or bio infinite ellie and lizzy are non-playable characters

it's really hard for me to understand why this is but no wonder i enjoy playing games with character creation more

isn't that like a terrible game?

yea it's kinda weird

not sure if i like it yet

like it makes me laugh a bit but i feel like a lot of it just goes over my head
Mass Effect semi counts, she being fully voiced and all.

And there's Portal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a horrible turd that dug up the corpse of a war heroine and did unspeakable things to it.

I finished it...and kinda liked it hah. I think I just really really missed a stealth game at the time.

awful game tho

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-E8AE9612FA5E52B7 - Taken by MillionStabs
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-4CDE13019DA41490 - Taken by bronson
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-AF5BB5BEE2CDF7BE - Taken by Ventara

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a horrible turd that dug up the corpse of a war heroine and did unspeakable things to it.
yea no thanks :>

Mass Effect semi counts, she being fully voiced and all.

And there's Portal.
femshep shares the role with male shep and never gets any boxart action so i dunno if she counts. debatable i guess

portal i don't really pay attention to since chell just like gordon is not much of a character. i did appreciate the fact that they address the player like a woman, that's kind of unusual i think

but yeah the only one i can fully remember 100% is mirror's edge and ehhh that game was better when no one was talking

Tomb raider?
Saints Row 3/4?
Alien Isolation?
oh yea forgot about tomb raider and alien cos i didn't play any of them. maybe i should

sr3/4 doesn't count for sure. character creation imo doesn't count and it specially doesn't count when there's like a "canon" male protagonist that's on the cover like in sr4

sr3/4 doesn't count for sure. character creation imo doesn't count and it specially doesn't count when there's like a "canon" male protagonist that's on the cover like in sr4

Not to mention he's also the trading card image for "The Boss." If that doesn't say canon I dunno what does.

zkylon

zkylewd
does that count tho?

like i wrote what i meant pretty bad but like i was thinking about games in which the female protagonist was featured in advertising and all that. not "hidden" or "optional".

tomb raider is an unfortunate example with the whole caring for lara thing but alien isolation sounds like a very good one i should probably play

Just finished The Last of Us. Game was seriously amazing. Excellent soundtrack, excellent gameplay, etc. Only negative for me was
dat ending. Was expecting a little more than 'ride off to the sunset'.

Really good stuff.

Yeah.. until the last season or so

lolz
..yeah..

crazy late bro.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does that count tho?

like i wrote what i meant pretty bad but like i was thinking about games in which the female protagonist was featured in advertising and all that. not "hidden" or "optional".

tomb raider is an unfortunate example with the whole caring for lara thing but alien isolation sounds like a very good one i should probably play

tomb raider is not a bad example because the actual game had none of that shit, she was fine (and I dont mean fine as in "damn you look fine" >_>)

Bluth54

Has anyone ever had their Steam password just stop working? I wasn't able to login to steam earlier today saying my un or pw was wrong after Steam did a client update for some reason (even though I had the newest client update from like a week ago).

At first I was worried someone had hijacked into my steam account but that doesn't appear to be the case, I checked my profile and it showed the last time I was online was when I had last shut off my computer, there was no password reset attempts or any unusual activity in my email account, no TF2 items gone.

After I reset my password everything was fine.

Turfster

Just finished The Last of Us. Game was seriously amazing. Excellent soundtrack, excellent gameplay, etc.

I keep starting it and losing interest in the
town with the crazy hermit
Last of Us is at its best when it does character interactions, environmental storytelling or stealth sections.
It's a pity they felt the need to add boring required shooting bullshit.

rtcn63

tomb raider is not a bad example because the actual game had none of that shit, she was fine (and I dont mean fine as in "damn you look fine" >_>)

If Drake from Uncharted and Lara joined forces, they could effectively cleanse the world of unattractive and ethnic people. Monsters, they are.

Rhaknar

If Drake from Uncharted and Lara joined forces, they could effectively cleanse the world of unattractive and ethnic people. Monsters, they are.

they shot first brah

...except when you sneak around with a bow and headshot them. But stealth kills are cool so its ok

vvise

Has anyone ever had their Steam password just stop working? I wasn't able to login to steam earlier today saying my un or pw was wrong after Steam did a client update for some reason (even though I had the newest client update from like a week ago).

At first I was worried someone had hijacked into my steam account but that doesn't appear to be the case, I checked my profile and it showed the last time I was online was when I had last shut off my computer, there was no password reset attempts or any unusual activity in my email account, no TF2 items gone.

After I reset my password everything was fine.

are you sure your capslock or something wasn't on? maybe like a regional keyboard setting got switched?

I keep starting it and losing interest in the
town with the crazy hermit
Last of Us is at its best when it does character interactions, environmental storytelling or stealth sections.
It's a pity they felt the need to add boring required shooting bullshit.

I didn't find the shooting parts TOO bad, but i tend to agree. They really did a great job with the 'survival' aspect and I loved the crafting. There are quite a few situations throughout the game where you have to choose stealth or bangbangbang based on your supplies on hand.

Game is graphic as fuck.

Anteater

zfiUS8k.jpg

izhrywa03ieh.gif

New Humble Bundle is pretty good. Hope I don't regret pre-ordering the Groupees bundles.

Also, finally have a fully functioning mouse at home! I've been putting it off for a few months, lol. Time for avatar update after so long.

Shadownet

Banned
Just finished The Last of Us. Game was seriously amazing. Excellent soundtrack, excellent gameplay, etc. Only negative for me was
dat ending. Was expecting a little more than 'ride off to the sunset'.

crazy late bro.
your definition of sunset is pretty damn different from mine lol

I know I know, I spend all day on SteamGAF. I don't venture outside much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom