• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

anybody has link to new gala giveaway? I can't see it for some reason, only old one, and I don't remember which game that was (><)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-1C8AD7269A0FB94B
Back that truck up, Modbot. BEEP BEEP.

So spintires is on sale at 40% off. I've had it on my wish list since watching the Giantbomb quick look, but I'd like some impressions fro those that have played it

Edit: damn you autocorrect
I'd second that, will check out the quick look tonight however. Looks interesting enough for the price.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
First 2DS:
Cousin: "Onii-chan, can I play your 3DS?"
Ore-sama: "Sure." *hands it over*
Cousin: "Mom, this is so good. Can you buy me one?"
Obaa-san: "Can you sell this to me at half price?"
Ore-sama: "Uuuh... okay."

*goes off to buy another one with new Rune Factory 4*

Second 2DS:
God Daughter-tan: "Onii-chan, can I play your 3DS?"
Ore-sama: "YES! ANYTHING FOR YOU MY CUTE LITTLE GOD DAUGHTER!"
God Daughter-tan: "This is so fun. Can I have this?"
Ore-sama: "YES! ANYTHING FOR YOU MY CUTE LITTLE GOD DAUGHTER!"
God Daughter-tan: "Yay." *hugs*
Ore-sama: "HHHNNNNGGGGG!!!" *death by moe*

*goes off to buy another one with Fantasy Life instead*

EDIT: Also I'm holding back for the N3DS XL.

bert-and-ernie-reactigaj7l.gif

so glad I got skyrim for free now I don't have to shit on it without having played it ;)

Oh.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of wetflame, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wetflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shank -- MB-7878AED2B1E78F8E - Taken by salazar547. 2 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-F17143D9EAFD2380 - Taken by Faabulous. 2 entrants total.
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One -- MB-C18DF1D2489695F1 - Taken by sensoft04
Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-3703F7EC35877D9C - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-20BEF910D14AF383 - Taken by Annubis. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-B0E2D8AD3C0036F6 - Taken by Strazyplus. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #4 -- MB-14A17A9C65330056 - Taken by yuraya. 2 entrants total.

t1414590842z1.png

dex3108

Man that Destiny "expansion" is really bad. Once again i need to say Bungie saved me significant amount of money by skipping PC version.

Man that Destiny "expansion" is really bad. Once again i need to say Bungie saved me significant amount of money by skipping PC version.

I'm not touching the game again. I'm fucking done.

All right, not specifically a Steam-related question, but help me out here PCbrehs. Do I get DA:I for PC when my GPU doesn't meet recommended specs (got a 660 with 1.5 gb VRAM) or buy it on Xbone, play at shameful 900p for a while, and buy the PC version on the cheap when I upgrade next year?

Same thing I'm debating doing with The Witcher 3 at the moment. I can always sell the Xbone versions later.

FloatOn

now that I'm done with TLoU, I can get back into Payday 2 and see what's changed since Crimefest.

Woot.

some kind of crap was going on with my TLoU disc (I assume) and it wouldn't let me past a certain part. I'm pretty sure I bought the game new but it's pretty impossible to be sure these days.

I may play the remastered when/if I get a PS4. However, that didn't stop me from reading the plot last night because I'm curious about these things. I can't believe

Joel saved Ellie and basically fucked over the entire human race. Or was there something more to that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All right, not specifically a Steam-related question, but help me out here PCbrehs. Do I get DA:I for PC when my GPU doesn't meet recommended specs (got a 660 with 1.5 gb VRAM) or buy it on Xbone, play at shameful 900p for a while, and buy the PC version on the cheap when I upgrade next year?

I'd get the X1 version version now and the PC version later. The 1.5GB 660 is an awful GPU as the last 512MB of RAM is connected to an extremely narrow 64-bit bus. I've no idea what Nvidia was thinking.

Zia

some kind of crap was going on with my TLoU disc (I assume) and it wouldn't let me past a certain part. I'm pretty sure I bought the game new but it's pretty impossible to be sure these days.

I may play the remastered when/if I get a PS4. However, that didn't stop me from reading the plot last night because I'm curious about these things. I can't believe

Joel saved Ellie and basically fucked over the entire human race. Or was there something more to that?

Yeah, it's a bit more nuanced than that.

wilflare

temptation to buy Sunset Overdrive increasing - somebody stop me.

---
I know I sound like a broken recorder who is obsessed by now - is there anyway or anyone selling a Witcher 3 (without the RU tag/sub) for a good price?

dex3108

I'm not touching the game again. I'm fucking done.

Same thing I'm debating doing with The Witcher 3 at the moment. I can always sell the Xbone versions later.

On the + side you will be able to play game on higher settings then X1 even with that card but if you want full graphic experience you will need new one.

And if you buy X1 version you will be able to trade it for something else when you are don with it and buy PC version when it is on Sale.

On the + side you will be able to play game on higher settings then X1 even with that card but if you want full graphic experience you will need new one.

And if you buy X1 version you will be able to trade it for something else when you are don with it and buy PC version when it is on Sale.

That's basically my train of thought too. I definitely can't afford to upgrade until next year, anyway. I'll stick to Xbone for now. Gotta justify that &#8364;400 investment. :lol

Yrael

Thanks for the heads up about the Catch of the Day deal - I already had an account there so I was still able to use the $8 coupon.

FloatOn

temptation to buy Sunset Overdrive increasing - somebody stop me.

I can't. I bought it for my roommate yesterday and it's everything I hoped it would be.

I wouldn't buy an xbox one though for it. I need at least 5 games on a console that I would play before I purchase that console.

Firebrand

Can't believe I had missed out on Fate of Atlantis -- Sierra fanboy back in the day. It's just too good.
That + DotT are my favorite adventure games ever. So good, and it'll always be the real Indy 4 to me.

You probably know this already, but there is actually some replay value in it as the three paths change events somewhat. I still have no idea if it's possible to end up in the fishing boat you used in the demo!

Perk Decks? wtf is this shit....

eh. It's close to that I think.
There was a recorder in the hospital about there being others like Ellie that they weren't able to derive a cure from. I'm assuming his feeling is they won't be able to find a cure through her and she'll just die for nothing. Not sure he has any proof of that, but he's comfortable lieing to her to keep her alive. Even though she ends the game pretty fucking mopey.

Realyn

For those who lack the knowledge of abbreviations. What is AW?

Buying from ebay is a risky way to buy key codes for games though
Advanced Warfare, sorry.

Meh, personally I've never had problems buying on big game releases. Sure, stuff can happen. Your FIFA coin code or whatever might be invalid, but like I said - no problems for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom