• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the + side you will be able to play game on higher settings then X1 even with that card but if you want full graphic experience you will need new one.

I think you're being optimistic. The 1.5GB 660's performance is impacted whenever a game needs to use the 512MB "reserve" as the data has to come down a 64-bit bus, so ideally one would want to keep the VRAM usage below 1GB, which compared to a "next-gen" system means significantly lower texture quality.

JaseC

welp - for the new page, is there really no way to get Witcher 3 without the RU tag at trader prices? :/

Yeah, that loophole has been closed for a few months now, but there is nothing and will be nothing wrong with the RU sub. It's far too late for CDPR to take any action beyond ACRTAG (which itself apparently refuses to work for some bizarre reason).

People and reviewers hated on LocoCyle, but it got "Mostly Positive" reviews on Steam. I don't know who to trust anymore. Just thinking about all the games in my queue I've passed on, because the summary of the Steam reviews were negative.

Unity probably means "you and your three friends can all buy the game and play united." (WARNING: Unless things have changed no girl are allowed.)

Yeah, that's what I always interpreted "Unity" as. It's just a better name than "Assassin's Creed: Co-op".

wilflare

I thought that the RU version still can be redeemed

Yeah, that loophole has been closed for a few months now, but there is nothing and will be nothing wrong with the RU sub. It's far too late for CDPR to take any action beyond ACRTAG (which itself apparently refuses to work for some bizarre reason).

it's just me being OCD about that tag.
not really about whether it can be redeemed or not ^^

just me being silly sigh

JaseC

it's just me being OCD about that tag.
not really about whether it can be redeemed or not ^^

just me being silly sigh

The only place you'll see that tag is on your account history page. That's not really worth being OCD over. ;)

wilflare

you could try Nuuvem, as far as I can remember it was closest thing price wise, probably not anymore, don't know.
I must say that your wish is mighty unrealistic, you know that don't you? (><)

edited:
just checked, the deal seems to be still on
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2244-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

yea I do >< sigh

@JaseC - what loophole is this - not sure if what I'm thinking is what you are referring to.. because I tried "what I am thinking" recently and it didn't work :/

----
EDIT: any bundles interesting now other than Groupees, Humble

dani_dc

Can I expect there to be a discount/deal on Isaac Rebirth when it launches - or should I go ahead and get it now?

If it doesn't has a pre-order deal it likely won't have one when it launches.

If there is one it will be on Halloween, but I really doubt it.

RS4-

I think you're being optimistic. The 1.5GB 660's performance is impacted whenever a game needs to use the 512MB "reserve" as the data has to come down a 64-bit bus, so ideally one would want to keep the VRAM usage below 1GB, which compared to a "next-gen" system means significantly lower texture quality.

But 60fps!!!

kudoboi

man im hoping COD AW on PC will have a decent amount of players. i assume this year would be higher due to the lack of BF hardline

edit: the game is being released in a few days and it is nowhere in the top sellers though

JaseC

@JaseC - what loophole is this - not sure if what I'm thinking is what you are referring to.. because I tried "what I am thinking" recently and it didn't work :/

How recent is "recently"? I had someone buy me Sleeping Dogs DE a few weeks ago.

Edit: I just tried to get the order confirmation page with Payday 2's single copy sub but kept getting the transaction initialisation error. Either Valve's finally closed the loophole for good or the checkout system also checks your IP.

denx

So is this for real? Nobody is pulling my hair with the Valkyria Chronicles PC port news right?

Btw, what's SteamGAF concensus on The Evil Within? I've been very out of the loop with GAF lately.

Arthea

So is this for real? Nobody is pulling my hair with the Valkyria Chronicles PC port news right?

Btw, what's SteamGAF concensus on The Evil Within? I've been very out of the loop with GAF lately.

I'm somewhat surprised by steamgaf indifference towards this game. My friend (not a steamgafer) is ecstatic about it, like in "OMG GOTY, what's wrong with reviewers" way (><)

I'm awaiting for a release date, then it'll be real.

dani_dc

I'm somewhat surprised by steamgaf indifference towards this game. My friend (not a steamgafer) is ecstatic about it, like in "OMG GOTY, what's wrong with reviewers" way (><)

I'm awaiting for a release date, then it'll be real.

I think most of gaf was celebrating on the other thread with over 20 pages, including steamgaf members. Steamgaf better not ignore it when it comes out.

I'm expecting Sega to just go "This is out" rather than a release date.

Yeah, it is.

I remember wanting this game 4 years ago, I still considered jumping to Japanese servers but I never did it. Now I have no time to do it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
These are up for the taking if anyone wants them:

Shank -- MB-7878AED2B1E78F8E - Taken by salazar547. 2 entrants total.
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One -- MB-C18DF1D2489695F1 - Taken by sensoft04
Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-3703F7EC35877D9C - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #4 -- MB-14A17A9C65330056 - Taken by yuraya. 2 entrants total.

Arthea

I think most of gaf was celebrating on the other thread with over 20 pages, including steamgaf members. Steamgaf better not ignore it when it comes out.

I'm expecting Sega to just go "This is out" rather than a release date.

I remember wanting this game 4 years ago, I still considered jumping to Japanese servers but I never did it. Now I have no time to do it.

... I was talking about Evil Within... I should have clarified

edited: everybody here is ecstatic about VC, at least I hope so. (><)

denx

It's real, you can hug your fellow gaffers in joy.

oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man

From looking at some reviews, it seems like it is a fun game, but it seems people were expecting too much from this game.

It's not like I was going to buy it full price anyway. :p

ezodagrom

PSO2 was only announced (in Japan) 3 years ago though (and released 2 years ago). ^^;
Been playing the JP version since the alpha 2 test, after PSU I had very low expectations from the english version, and they managed to do worse (by announcing it and not releasing it/taking the silence route).

Knurek

So, Stealth Bastard 2 is out, WiiU exclusive for now.
I have to wonder if it will work out for the studio as well as Toki Tori 2 did for Two Tribes...

wilflare

How recent is "recently"? I had someone buy me Sleeping Dogs DE a few weeks ago.

Edit: I just tried to get the order confirmation page with Payday 2's single copy sub but kept getting the transaction initialisation error. Either Valve's finally closed the loophole for good or the checkout system also checks your IP.

hmm within the past 5 days i think. so yea.
it's the checkout loophole thingum right

similar to how we used to purchase 4packs previously?

I have to wonder if it will work out for the studio as well as Toki Tori 2 did for Two Tribes...

they probably got some support/$$ from Nintendo for that release so im sure it'll be fine. They'll put it on PC and they'll do alright for themselves. The real question is whether they release it on PC as Stealth Bastard 2 or keep the Stealth Inc name from now on.

Deques

I am weak..

I pre-purchased both of Groupees upcoming bundles. And I probably will pre-purchase the Doujin bundle as well

gngf123

Is the Doujin bundle even going to launch any time soon. I certainly don't see it being launched today or tomorrow like people thought.

dani_dc

... I was talking about Evil Within... I should have clarified

edited: everybody here is ecstatic about VC, at least I hope so. (><)

Sounded like it could go either way!

I recall a lot of talk about Evil Within closer to release, seemed to have died off though.

PSO2 was only announced (in Japan) 3 years ago though (and released 2 years ago). ^^;
Been playing the JP version since the alpha 2 test, after PSU I had very low expectations from the english version, and they managed to do worse (by announcing it and not releasing it/taking the silence route).

Guess I'm misremembering the days, point being, a long time!

Yeah, one of the reasons I didn't jump on Japanese was due to them announcing it.

I still think we might get it, but it will be too late to gain traction and badly supported.

At worst they'll release it later on Steam.

agniswarm

Banned
No worries, I don't blame you lol. Just waiting to see if that guy is really going to give away 41 copies he got.

Refer a Friend

When you get your friends signed up to CatchOfTheDay.com.au via the referral link below, they’ll get a bonus $10 store credit after they make their first purchase! You’ll then be rewarded with your own $10 store credit! Too easy! And the more friends you refer, the more store credit you receive, so start spreading the word!

Without referral link no $10 credit. Sorry guys I didnt read this

Faabulous

Some stuff from Humble I never used, mostly just Origin keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for Faabulous:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 7 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Faabulous, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-B57F9F294C4AED2F
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-092AAEC6DE37BFC2
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-1DA07C96B2CE4F05 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-38BAF0E436E42360 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-A6B532970677B27A
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-6C97E3BBB0623BBE - Taken by provista. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-E5D3059628A50D8E
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-813074E86F059A33 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.

t1414595943z1.png

I hope so, if I had a Wii U I would purchase this one without thinking twice.

This one sounds like one of the best games in Wii U's library, and platformers usually perform decently on Nintendo platforms, besides this one has also local multiplayer, playing this on Wii U should be a lot of fun.

got burned with bemine 15. never again

So far it's been a weak one - at the very least when compared to other previous BeMine bundles -, but there's always the last bonus game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom