• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Loads fine here.
They fucked with their site again, added the chat and activity bullshit to the front page... and the per bundle chats are now all tabs for whatever bundle you check.

still not loading for me in any form or way (._.)

edited:
it's getting annoying

maty

Since Toki Tori 2 was mentioned a few pages back, I'd like to recommend it and ask those who enjoyed the 1st to play it and those whole like puzzles to give it a chance. It's a shame only 3% finished the game which doesn't take into account getting all collectibles nor getting to every part of the world.

Toki no longer uses items to solve puzzles. Instead, your abilities are limited to walking, singing and stomping. And making progress depends on how you can combine those actions with the various creatures that populate the world. For example, you can lure birds to pick you up with chirps, move bugs by stomping, and more.

The main difference with the 1st game is that you have now a world to explore. While it may take some time to get used to the map it's not that hard. Besides once you learn 1 of the 5 different tunes you'll be able to return to previous checkpoints/landing beacons you activated along the way.

What's great about TT2 is that there are no tutorials or hints, you are simply left to figure out everything on your own.

This in not a metroidvania game as some claimed when it released, there are no new abilities to gain as you explore (just tunes to restart or see if you have all collectibles in the section you are at the moment). It's a game with simplistic controls and great puzzle design.

Finally, don't pay attention to the negative reviews on steam. Most complain about not being the game they thought it would be. Some complain about the controls being simple and that it's only good for little kids yet they only put less than an hour into the game. Others complain about how there are no hints, etc

Also, it looks fantastic, colorful, vibrant.

Screenshots:
95957BDC2BE2E075B57C055BFF81F012A1F627A7

BCD8F18FBA2DE04A80AD4734418188AB93E310B2

2D652F7593CC78B654F53DD6FE66ADCF2A8A3F75

1A80BF27300E5A21F6B5DEFEC1B3620FBE48A2E5

00FBAA3721BDD752CB1EE3546BB54892E5EA518D

You can beat it in 15-17 hours, it took me 29hrs to 100% as had to play the game twice to get the detour achievement.

Miguel81

Yes, more than a year ago now... only to release FF8 a couple of months later with MIDI music also. It took Squeenix 13 months to patch FF7 and FF8 hasn't quite hit that age mark yet, so there's still some hope!

Do they have an option for bilinear interpolation/filtering? The backgrounds are too pixelated in pics which looks like the nearest-neighbor process.

That + DotT are my favorite adventure games ever. So good, and it'll always be the real Indy 4 to me.

You probably know this already, but there is actually some replay value in it as the three paths change events somewhat. I still have no idea if it's possible to end up in the fishing boat you used in the demo!

Yeah, this is the true Indy 4 that I always wanted. It's a shame the 90s were wasted while Harrison was still in his prime. The game is on KQ VI-levels of greatness so far, and it's a damn shame that I didn't play it in the era of it's release.

That Valve Complete Pack-deal on GMG is pretty sweet (£10 with voucher). Does anyone know if it's a single key or several?

Edit: nvm. Bought it, it's one key.

ArjanN

Playing Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, well it's a very simple and barebones game so far. I didn't expect something so shallow. The art style is nice though, reminds me of Limbo, however iirc ITSP came out first.

The exploration and environments become more involved and puzzle-ish as you get further in.

This. Although it never gets super involved by Metroidvania standards. Definitely try the Lantern Run mode though!

Looks like with GoG trying to be Steam with Galaxy, Steam turned into GoG with waves of old games. I wish the old patches and mods for those games were in workshop and the steam manuals were good. With that two feature it can beat GoG.

Turfster

Bethesda deals on GMG, 40% off Skyrim Legendary, Dishonored GOTY, Doom Classics, New Vegas Ultimate, Fallout 3 GOTY, Fallout Classics

Shadownet

Banned
Hey JaseC, I managed to get Valve to put my copy of Assassin's Creed Unity in my inventory and out of my library.

But this is what it's showing me.
How can a RoW copy be restricted? Does this mean that RoW copies can only be redeemed in the US?

fuck, Mordor really is an excellent palette cleanser after having played ACIV recently. Even if the main story missions are meh, at least they aren't shitty like in ACIV. So far, no tailing missions and the stealth stuff is actually really, really enjoyable.

I've been enjoying the side stuff so much more, too. Since everything seems tenable, i don't suffer from feeling overwhelmed like when i played Arkham City or an AC game. Getting those glyphs and finding a dirty buckler doesn't seem like a task that's meant for ocd video game item collectors.

Hit the 10 hour mark and it's only now that the second map appears in the game. Looking forward to cutting more orc heads off and flurrying their heads off.

Shadownet

Banned
everybody can get on groupees, but me?
That's odd, I don't have any problems with connection that I can see.
What do you mean by get on? are you having trouble getting on the site? I was having error when trying to purchase 2 bundles last night. Waited a few hours and it was working again.

(When I was in the Paypal screen, hitting "Confirm" gave me an error and to try again later.)

Arthea

What do you mean by get on? are you having trouble getting on the site? I was having error when trying to purchase 2 bundles last night. Waited a few hours and it was working again.

(When I was in the Paypal screen, hitting "Confirm" gave me an error and to try again later.)

no I can't access the site at all, nor account page, tried different browsers even, nothing, it starts "connecting" and just loops there forever not doing anything.

Shadownet

Banned
no I can't access the site at all, nor account page, tried different browsers even, nothing, it starts "connecting" and just loops there forever not doing anything.

I just connected to the site from both my PC and my phone using Chrome and Firefox.

Try using your phone? (if you have a smartphone) or maybe try clearing your PC cookies?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
rumoured groupees Doujin bundle being up for preorder tomorrow.

also indiegala Halloween bundle is up:
* Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
* Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf
* Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
* Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition
* Curse: The Eye of Isis
* Paranormal
* Dead Hungry Diner
* eversion
* CAPSULE
* + 2 Bonus Steam Games to unlock on 3rd Nov

Real Horror Stories? The fucking Retsupurae videos for that were great.

Holy shit Sanitarium is now on Steam, 40% off, and they added Steam achievements
Bravo. That's how you re-release an old game.

That's awesome and all, but a better way to re-release it would have been to add cards :p

Still, having Sanitarium on Steam now is great.

Tellaerin

Yes, but that doesn't really make it a pricing error. The $3 price is intentional; the code working for new users was not.

I did receive a confirmation email after all, though I wonder now if they're actually going to fulfill orders. I hope they're not mailing out physical packages with codes or something, or it's going to be raining games at Google Australia HQ soon. >.>

madjoki

I did receive a confirmation email after all, though I wonder now if they're actually going to fulfill orders. I hope they're not mailing out physical packages with codes or something, or it's going to be raining games at Google Australia HQ soon. >.>

After purchasing, please follow these instructions to enjoy your content:

i. We'll send you a didgio.com redemption code via email within 24 hours, and add it to your Catch Account
ii. Go to didgio.com/redeem and follow the instructions to register with didgio
iii. didgio will add your Steam redemption key to your didgio library - once on didgio, follow the easy instructions to redeem and download the game key from Steam and start playing immediately!

Codes are emailed if they end up honoring.

Deques

Hey JaseC, I managed to get Valve to put my copy of Assassin's Creed Unity in my inventory and out of my library.

But this is what it's showing me.

How can a RoW copy be restricted? Does this mean that RoW copies can only be redeemed in the US?

If you trust me I can see if I can redeem it, without confirming the redeeming

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay might have fixed my Lords of the Fallen crashes
knock on wood

time to actually play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom