• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

About groupees situation, I can access site using VPN, but I can't login, because it's popup now and it's just empty.
So even if I can access site itself I still can't access my account. So much for future doujin bundle. If it's not some stupid mistake and won't be fixed past, I'm done with groupees permanently and not by my choice too.

Nabs

About groupees situation, I can access site using VPN, but I can't login, because it's popup now and it's just empty.
So even if I can access site itself I still can't access my account. So much for future doujin bundle. If it's not some stupid mistake and won't be fixed past, I'm done with groupees permanently and not by my choice too.

Groupees has been fucked over the last 24 hours. Just wait and see what happens.

Knurek

Tried using a different browser? No problems on my side.

Now that I finally got my PC back up and running.....anyone up for Payday 2 tonight (9 pm EST)?

PM me on GAF or message on steam if you're interested. I'll bug the usual people tonight if we're short.

Woot.

Now that I finally got my PC back up and running....

Had this problem yesterday. My whole PC wont reboot. Took me about 3 hours yesterday and 5 hours today to get it back running again...

Btw. I want to buy the groupees BAGB bundle, but only interested in Final Dusk. What other game should I choose? They all look kinda lackluster, though maybe the Contra clone might be good?

Arthea

Tried using a different browser? No problems on my side.

ya, I tried everything, different computers, many browsers, options, disabling firewalls, deleting cookies, changing dsn, you name it. Only way I can access the site is by using US VPN, I still can't login for some reason. I'm really mad now, I spent 4 hours with this shit for no reason, and I hate it SO MUCH, I could have played some game in that time (><)

gngf123

ya, I tried everything, different computers, many browsers, options, disabling firewalls, deleting cookies, changing dsn, you name it. Only way I can access the site is by using US VPN, I still can't login for some reason. I'm really mad now, I spent 4 hours with this shit for no reason, and I hate it SO MUCH, I could have played some game in that time (><)

Tried a VPN within your own country?

If you have Chrome, try the Google compression proxy extension. I forget the name, hang on.

I think it is probably either a mistake, or a problem like GAF had once.

EDIT: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...oxy/ajfiodhbiellfpcjjedhmmmpeeaebmep?hl=en-US

wait did they add 60 fps to youtube when i wasn't looking?

that deadcore quicklook is super smooth

Yeah, YT supports 60fps now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
now comes the part that is unfair to the game but, really, the only frame of reference most of us have: how does it compare to the Souls games?

how does it compare? I dont even know how to awnser that, because anything that isnt "its not as good" would be a lie. I will say that it is its own game, much like Darksiders was its own game despite borrowing heavily from Ocarina of Time

The scope is smaller (the areas are much less open, seems to be more focused on castles and whatnot, the art design is more Diablo 3-esque for what its worth (less dark fantasy more...err...high fantasy? I dunno, theres big shoulderpads and spiky intricate weapons), it has several new systems that actually are a step above what the Souls games did, its a shorter game from what I hear (20ish hours give or take), and its deffinately easier, but not a easy game (I just ran into a motherfucking son of a bitch of a monster that i cant kill, i cant even cheese it lol, not a boss either)

Im liking the level design more and more, the more I discover how its maze like structure is all connected (I keep saying to myself "oh this leads here?" or "oh I missed this door before?"), I hear there is a lack of enemy variety, but that one sounds weird to me because how many fucking skeletons did we kill in Dark Souls for example.

The combat feels meaty, maybe meatier than the Souls games, although less polished (the hit boxes for example are weird sometimes, and I hear that playing as a nimbler guy relying on rolls is not advised in this). The game looks gorgeous if you can run it, the story seems completely throw away, but then again so was the Dark Souls stories (in my opinion of course). There is a lot of loot, a bigger emphasys on spells (everyone has spells for example), the xp system is actually better than the Souls one (or more rewarding at least), the voice acting is trash, and... I cant think of anything else :)

I think that if you liked the Souls games but you played them IN SPITE of the difficulty and not BECAUSE of it, you will probably enjoy Lords a lot more than vice versa.

Its Dark Souls lite most deffinately, but I feel like its its own thing more than people are willing to give it credit for.

Also, you have a
mega buster
. So I guess Lords wins? :p

Streaming it if you want to see for yourself

Shadownet

Banned
I can't stop watching Avengers Age of Ultron and Avengers Infinity War trailer. It's so damn good. God it's going to be a long wait.

Arthea

Tried a VPN within your own country?

If you have Chrome, try the Google compression proxy extension. I forget the name, hang on.

I think it is probably either a mistake, or a problem like GAF had once.

EDIT: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...oxy/ajfiodhbiellfpcjjedhmmmpeeaebmep?hl=en-US

nope, still can't login
thanks anyway

I'm done, wrote to support, don't have high hopes as a problem seems to be not wide spread, so it's harder to find what's wrong. I only wish I haven't even tried, oh well, too late for that (><)

Dr Dogg

So, uh I bought one of these on the way home from work.
Sunzcog.jpg

Which is awesome as you can run something like this with Steam In Home Streaming.

But yeah running Dark souls on a 10.6" display on my desk when I have two monitors on there that are greater in size and resolution isn't really that much of a big deal. But...

Being able to be slumped on the sofa and play something like Beyond Earth, not stuck behind a desk and with as much or greater control than a mouse with the added digitizer is just crazy. Plus being Bluetooth capable I could easily connect up a DS3 too.

I can't stop watching Avengers Age of Ultron and Avengers Infinity War trailer. It's so damn good. God it's going to be a long wait.

Have you seen the extended Age of Ultron trailer they released last night? It's a funny bit at the beginning with the Avengers trying to lift Thor's hammer.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Which is awesome as you can run something like this with Steam In Home Streaming.

But yeah running Dark souls on a 10.6" display on my desk when I have two monitors on there that are greater in size and resolution isn't really that much of a big deal. But...

Being able to be slumped on the sofa and play something like Beyond Earth, not stuck behind a desk and with as much or greater control than a mouse with the added digitizer is just crazy. Plus being Bluetooth capable I could easily connect up a DS3 too.
That's pretty cool.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of kadotsu, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 37 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Joe Danger 2 -- MB-43DC58FD3DF57A8E - Taken by adriano999. 11 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-AB58E2AF1302EB7E - Taken by cardinalmind. 4 entrants total.
Waking Mars 1 -- MB-6023A60FAC08EBD2
Waking Mars 2 -- MB-423CF53D859FB1F2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Runner 2 -- MB-5091F0C649408A40 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 3 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-679BBCAC93191E27
Trine 2 Complete -- MB-FC1584E174065409 - Taken by Derp. 5 entrants total.
Giana -- MB-C4CFA4FC531DC1CD - Taken by davepoobond. 3 entrants total.
Hoard -- MB-EAC7DCFF54AF2C5F
Nightsky -- MB-1A0B88C10CF9202B
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-B9F064B703BBB27D - Taken by Divius. 12 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-FAFD9396E280126C - Taken by Axass. 5 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin -- MB-F376C45994EF7933 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 10 entrants total.
Lone Survivor -- MB-19119F6FB1759775 - Taken by EdmondD. 8 entrants total.
Orcs must Die GOTY -- MB-E89DDD3989EC96BC - Taken by Shadownet. 3 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-9A18C7A8B61E1DBF - Taken by RyanPierre. 2 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-A8C8F37E96AAF2FA - Taken by Tchetil. 8 entrants total.
Fractal -- MB-0FD38C694708ACFA
Orcs Must Die! 2 - Complete Pack -- MB-9E716A81F0ABE085 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 3 entrants total.

The Bridge -- MB-8A720DEB9A78C835 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-B7835FEEBE3550A7 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness 2 -- MB-1991E4058D96F491 - Taken by tebunker. 6 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-50557F59A9AD9EA6 - Taken by efyu_lemonardo. 3 entrants total.
Soundoger Plus -- MB-000BE253DC9269E1 - Taken by Scipius. 3 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-EAB5A29220C1599C - Taken by davepoobond. 5 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-6CA5A928421139B0 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-23DCEF8D6206C2A7
Gunpoint -- MB-309398990C67BF8C - Taken by creamsugar. 4 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-E561CA248D55B378 - Taken by damaph. 5 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-297690E9D8D410A0 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain 1 -- MB-EDA67B22C142542A - Taken by vvise. 6 entrants total.
Risk of Rain 2 -- MB-257B094C96239B63 - Taken by hohoXD123. 5 entrants total.
Risk of Rain 3 -- MB-902438D8EAE85F33 - Taken by Accoun. 5 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-6F2CAA71F80C0FD6 - Taken by MillionStabs. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-84128AF72B7755EC - Taken by WinterDemons. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Serious Sam 3 -- MB-E85F054E5138F9A2 - Taken by Berlok. 7 entrants total.
Fear -- MB-ABAF1BA43E78B5D5 - Taken by ichtyander. 16 entrants total.

t1414617180z1.png

Niiiice! You have reminded me I need to get back to reviewing games that run on it.

Nzyme32

Is that the newest model? I'm always tempted by the Surface as my first entry into the land of tablet, but it's just a matter of price and battery life really so far. Everything seem really fantastic though. It would basically be my occasional work / web browsing / Civ travel PC

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

I just noticed, that because I had to reinstall Windows Steam thinks I am using a new device and cant use the market till 5th November...
What about my Dreadout? :(

Ruruja

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

I just noticed, that because I had to reinstall Windows Steam thinks I am using a new device and cant use the market till 5th November...

That's odd, I've installed Windows twice in the last month and haven't been locked out of the market once.

Nzyme32

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Dreadout? If there's something you need to grab, I could grab it and pass on to you, depending on what it is and if it is possible

Shadownet

Banned
Infinity War has a TRAILER?!
Just a little bootleg teaser someone secretly recorded from a private showing. It was still amazing.

Have you seen the extended Age of Ultron trailer they released last night? It's a funny bit at the beginning with the Avengers trying to lift Thor's hammer.
Haha yes I saw it. It was amazing. I love how Iron Man and War Machine have to put on their glove. "Come on man, just represent! pull!"

and then Cap came on and he budge it a little bit and Thor was like. "shit..." lol He was worried for a second.

That's odd, I've installed Windows twice in the last month and haven't been locked out of the market once.

Yeah. It wasnt a re-install, but rather I needed to format my SSD and then do a clean-install of W8.1. So guess thats why.

Dreadout? If there's something you need to grab, I could grab it and pass on to you, depending on what it is and if it is possible

Thats nice. Maybe I will also find someone with PP. Not sure if I can trade though. Thanks~

Nzyme32

Thats nice. Maybe I will also find someone with PP. Not sure if I can trade though. Thanks~

If by PP you mean paypal, I have that, and I think I trust you :p The only thing I can't do is anything with tf2 keys and other external stuff, just because I haven't done it before and am generally a bit clueless

louiedog

I recently got myself a 10" Win8 tablet and I love the thing. It's the machine that I've wanted for years after trying and ditching an iPad and several Android tablets. A cool, completely silent machine that plays lots of games great natively (Shadowrun, Pinball FX, etc) and streams everything else with a great battery life and full windows is the perfect companion to my desktop. I don't think I'd even consider a regular laptop or tablet again. If I need more power I'd get a Surface Pro.

I just realized that with this announcement of all the phase 3 movies, almost every Marvel Pinball FX2 table has, or will get, a movie. Kinda crazy considering how many there are.

So, again: what was with the doujin-bundle?
There's been a few new details in the CAG thread. (Not sure if they've been mentioned here yet):
- Blazblue is pretty much confirmed, most likely the old Calamity Trigger PC port. World End Economica is another likely candidate.
- Apparently, a few weeks ago, they were planning to do an Asia-themed bundle, but those plans fell through, and the games from that were rolled into this Doujin bundle.
- The preorder page should be up soon. The preorder price will be $2.

Fake Edit: it's up!
http://groupees.com/doujin3

C4rter

Humble Games

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-FE2AA6DD2D9F56B2 - Taken by Htown. 2 entrants total.
Jazzpunk -- MB-1D47D3BFED8E74CE - Taken by swx. 29 entrants total.
Teleglitch -- MB-2FD107DA7A859CE3 - Taken by Jalal

t1414625704z1.png

There's been a few new details in the CAG thread. (Not sure if they've been mentioned here yet):
- Blazblue is pretty much confirmed, most likely the old Calamity Trigger PC port. World End Economica is another likely candidate.
- Apparently, a few weeks ago, they were planning to do an Asia-themed bundle, but those plans fell through, and the games from that were rolled into this Doujin bundle.

Nice. Though I already own World End Economica 1. Still preordered for the horrible Blazblue Port.

Nzyme32

Well then, I'll throw in my $2

Has this been posted about AC: U? A shame there's even a question about it nowadays.

https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/527519920104677376

Still not expecting anything great here. Too many let downs. I've avoided EA and Ubi games for quite a few years now. Exceptions though for Rocksmith and SplinterCell blacklist, both gifts

Vecks

I think I'll blind buy this one. The last 2 were pretty good.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I think I'll blind buy this one. The last 2 were pretty good.

Alright, let's spin this wheel once again (usually I spend between 2.40 and 2.80 on these bundles when I can pick and choose, so might as well pre-order).

Let's see if you'll fail me again, SteamGAF.

Dr Dogg

This pisses me off so much! I recently bought a nexus 7 (impulse buy) and I haven't touched it since. Should have spent that money on upgrading my phone :(

Well my iPad has been dying a slow death for about a month and now drops a wifi connection that wont sort itself unless rebooted so it's been on my mind for a while.

That's pretty cool.

I blame jim-jam and FiveElementNinja for making me currious. Just the right size to be legible and not too big to be cumbersome. The Goldilocks of Windows tablets if you will.

Niiiice! You have reminded me I need to get back to reviewing games that run on it.

It's all your fault! I was toying with the idea of getting a 3 but I had already convinced myself I wanted either the Original or Pro 2 for the Wacom tech and was about half the price of the i3 Pro 3 they had. It certainly has loads of potential as a Steam device in its own right so will probally go through my library and see what works and what doesn't but with the size, weight, form factor and input options being pretty spot on I can't see anything being a problem.

Is that the newest model? I'm always tempted by the Surface as my first entry into the land of tablet, but it's just a matter of price and battery life really so far. Everything seem really fantastic though. It would basically be my occasional work / web browsing / Civ travel PC

This is the first Surface Pro which just happened to be on a 'Managers Special' at the local PC World. Scan are doing them for about £440 (which if I remember must be right around the corner from you). As a first tablet it's hard to say as it's great landscape but due to being 16:9 in aspect ratio it's a bit too long in portrait. The Surface Pro 3 is 3:2 so is pretty much ideal as a tablet come laptop come Ultrabook. Plus running full fat Windows has some massive benefits over a lot of other tablets.

What convinced me was playing around with a mates Asus T100 which is a 10.1" Intel Atom based, full on Windows tablet/netbook combo. That was a little underpowered to run anything native but when we installed Steam on it and Streamed some stuff I was pretty much sold on the idea. There's quite a few x86 Windows based tablets out there from Levorno, Dell, Acer, Asus, Toshiba etc that each fill a certain need. Though the build quality on Microsoft's offerings is just top notch for the price. Essentialy it's the internals of a Macbook Air in a tablet.

I recently got myself a 10" Win8 tablet and I love the thing. It's the machine that I've wanted for years after trying and ditching an iPad and several Android tablets. A cool, completely silent machine that plays lots of games great natively (Shadowrun, Pinball FX, etc) and streams everything else with a great battery life and full windows is the perfect companion to my desktop. I don't think I'd even consider a regular laptop or tablet again. If I need more power I'd get a Surface Pro.

Yeah I've been using iPads for a while and Laptops before that for sofa based browsing and as you say this is pretty much what I've wanted for years. Having full on Chrome or Firefox without compromise and extentions galore whilst slumming it is just perfect.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't like its artstyle one bit and i love the obscurity of dark souls so i'll miss that but lords of the fallen doesn't look half bad

Nzyme32

This is the first Surface Pro which just happened to be on a 'Managers Special' at the local PC World. Scan are doing them for about £440 (which if I remember must be right around the corner from you). As a first tablet it's hard to say as it's great landscape but due to being 16:9 in aspect ratio it's a bit too long in portrait. The Surface Pro 3 is 3:2 so is pretty much ideal as a tablet come laptop come Ultrabook. Plus running full fat Windows has some massive benefits over a lot of other tablets.

What convinced me was playing around with a mates Asus T100 which is a 10.1" Intel Atom based, full on Windows tablet/netbook combo. That was a little underpowered to run anything natuve but when we installed Steam on it and Streamed some stuff I was pretty much sold on the idea. There's quite a few x86 Windows based tablets out there from Levorno, Dell, Acer, Asus, Toshiba etc that each fill a certain need. Though the build quality on Microsoft's offerings is just top notch for the price.

Yeah I've been using iPads for a while and Laptops before that for sofa based browsing and as you say this us pretty much what I've wanted for years. Having full on Chrome or Firefox without compromise and extentions galore whilst slumming it is just perfect.

Well then, I'll have to pick one up. Still job hunting, but that is the next priority... or more likely overdraft mediated celebratory employment purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom