• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake me when Steam is finished updating the Halloween sales list.

It was at two pages when I first checked, then three... now it's at 20+. I find this slowness... paranautical.

Costume Quest 2 was released 1 month ago and NOW it's 50% off? Come on Double fine...

Double Fine has to eat too, you know.

Tizoc

Wake me when Steam is finished updating the Halloween sales list.

It was at two pages when I first checked, then three... now it's at 20+. I find this slowness... paranautical.

Double Fine has to eat too, you know.

I mean if it were a 25% discount, OK fine, but 50%? Ah well I enjoyed it for $15 anyways.

Holy molly crap the new sale format is absolutely dreadful. Big capsule banners, Valve, big capsule banners are much more eye pleasing.

I enter the sale page, lists 19 pages of stuff. Try to filter by games and it only shows 2 pages, skipping a lot of games... :(

I miss when the sale formatting allowed to browse a lot of stuff easily. This ain't helping!

edit: well, seems I'm not the only one!

Is the Winter Sale going to be like this!? I bloody hope not. I miss those days when we had Top 100 Indie and Top 100 everything else because it was 200 titles to look at instead of just a few selected in the front page. There is capsule data for bigger banners, why do I have to read such tiny list when I have a huge screen?!

something something CAFE 0?

Kinda strange, that this isnt through Greenlight yet, as it has been featured in whoknows how many doujin/japanese bundles while you have this:

ss_b826e6bb33518f3d24c181d5f22d1b9ef358866f.600x338.jpg

Good news for Valkyria Chronicles

@SEGA: @RoboitoAM Valkyria supports 720p / 1080p, as well as higher resolutions depending on your max monitor resolution. 60FPS supported as well.
Shared via TweetCaster

Sega does what Squaredon't.

This looks really cool I have to say. Hopefully it doesn't get to overboard with cliche fine-englishmen-talk though. That accent. Sorry DrDogg :)

For Grief.exe:
Is this from VC?
If so, all's real good besides this..
- Intro FMV removed
- Human beheadings removed
Give me all the anime intros and gore.

But you know, that's why I prefer PC. I am sure someone's gonna mod it it :)

How bad can it be really?
I mean, Bad Rats isn't a doujin game.
Hey, don't talk bad about the rats!

You're gonna regret it... everyone does...

Tellaerin

Eh? How do you preorder a bundle when you don't even know what's in it?

$4 for the full bundle when it goes live IIRC, or $2 if you preorder. You're taking a chance on there being something good there. I think it's a pretty good gamble, since the Groupees doujin stuff's been solid in the past. YMMV, of course.

Kinda strange, that this isnt through Greenlight yet, as it has been featured in whoknows how many doujin/japanese bundles while you have this:

ss_b826e6bb33518f3d24c181d5f22d1b9ef358866f.600x338.jpg

Never underestimate the selling power of fetish fuel. It can transform even slipshod games with marginal art into decent sellers. As long as it's pressing the right buttons, you can bet somebody out there's willing to pay for it.

Guy.brush

Is 7 DAYS TO DIE something for coop if you are not super-hardcore? Like do you need to play dozens of hours just to get the hang of it?

What the hell is that thing?
Please be good. I hope it has all of the waifus.
It's the other creepy eye game, Duplicity. The characters in the banner match some of the promo pictures.
I've instinctively clicked the No thanks, not interested button. Sorry.
nah, that was on a previous bundle
Yeah, my mistake. Their eyes seem familiar to the game I've played on desura so I thought it was that.

Toki767

$4 for the full bundle when it goes live IIRC, or $2 if you preorder. You're taking a chance on there being something good there. I think it's a pretty good gamble, since the Groupees doujin stuff's been solid in the past. YMMV, of course.

Alright. I guess I'm in for $2.

Dont be shy. You can choose one of those for your new avatar.

What the hell is that thing?

I've instinctively clicked the No thanks, not interested button. Sorry.

Yeah, my mistake. Their eyes seem familiar to the game I've played on desura so I thought it was that.

Some KS-game that was released on Steam. I am sure the devs used the whole transgender-/LBGT debate to get enough money for that.

Lomax

Pretty rare buying a bundle that has two of my top 20 wishlist games in it. This Weekly Bundle actually outdid the regular Humble Bundle 13 for me.

Tellaerin

Dont be shy. You can choose one of those for your new avatar.

Gotta be better than those DOTA waifus or whatever that he keeps using for his avatar.
; )

is this officially the lamest steam sale ever?

i don't get it

I'm debating dipping into the card money for Guacamelee: STCE and/or Velocity Ultra, and... that's it. There's not really a lot jumping out at me right now, sale-wise.

Grief.exe

The price of Dead Rising 2: OTR needs to come down a bit more.

I just played the base game recently, so I am not clamoring to go back once GFWL gets removed.

Original Dead Rising still one of my favorite games. Just had the right balance of quirkiness and unique mechanics that were somewhat lost in the sequels.

FloatOn

The price of Dead Rising 2: OTR needs to come down a bit more.

I just played the base game recently, so I am not clamoring to go back once GFWL gets removed.

Original Dead Rising still one of my favorite games. Just had the right balance of quirkiness and unique mechanics that were somewhat lost in the sequels.

As much as I wanted to, I could never get into the dead rising games. Too button mash for my taste.

Is there any chance of Alone in the Dark: Illumination not being a terrible abomination? Warning: I actually really liked the reboot and thought it was one of the most original games I played! Outside of the unbelievably poor city chase sequence it was brilliant.

MRORANGE

Everyone on SteamGAF should own these by default:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 75% OFF
The Binding of Isaac Collection 80% OFF
Penumbra Collectors Pack 80% OFF
The Witcher : Enhanced Edition 80% OFF
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition 80% OFF
Sir, You Are Being Hunted 80% OFF
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle 75% OFF
Dead Space Pack 75% OFF
F.E.A.R. 75% off
Amnesia Collection 75% OFF
Alan Wake Franchise 75% OFF
Fallout New Vegas 75% OFF
Pool Nation 85% OFF
Darksiders Franchise Pack 85% OFF
The Darkness II 83% OFF

The rest will get cheaper during Christmas, looking at Telltale games I am certain they will hit 66% or maybe even 75%, same goes for CQ2, any current releases such as TEW or A:I I would bet 33%/50% during the Christmas sale. I would only get the ones listed above, everything else you can probably skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom