• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I MADE IT! I MADE IT!!!

After about 200 failed attempts, 3 fresh installs, 2 changes of install locations, several tries with kb/m instead of controller, dozens of tries in windowed instead of fullscreen, at least 600 12 hours sleeps to get to 7PM while raining, I finally managed to finish the third and last sidequest about teaching to cook to Emily and end the chapter to get to save in Deadly Premonition a couple of seconds before it crashed!!

My life is complete now, I can finally go back to the heavens along my angels bros, to resume playing the story mode.

Congrats!
I had no idea there are sidequests about teaching cook on DP.

Raytow

saw this on reddit

:p

That's just silly, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but Elite Dangerous, a game that actually comes this year, is probably getting a console version after they are done with the PC and the massive expansion DLC, its more money, who doesn't want more money, seriously.

Nordicus

Don't temp me bro >___<

I wish there was a website that list the "must-buy" games that are on sale right now to make my decision easier. Some of these titles I never heard of like STALKERS.
I, uh, whuh?

Go educate yourself and buy STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, and curse the game when your pants gain few shades of brown every time you go to a dark new underground facility full of mutants

I MADE IT! I MADE IT!!!

After about 200 failed attempts, 3 fresh installs, 2 changes of install locations, several tries with kb/m instead of controller, dozens of tries in windowed instead of fullscreen, at least 600 12 hours sleeps to get to 7PM while raining, I finally managed to finish the third and last sidequest about teaching to cook to Emily and end the chapter to get to save in Deadly Premonition a couple of seconds before it crashed!!

My life is complete now, I can finally go back to the heavens along my angels bros, to resume playing the story mode.

image.php

Well done Copons! I never forget the game crashing twice after the
boss marathon
sidequest.

Skyzard

Banned
That's just silly, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but Elite Dangerous, a game that actually comes this year, is probably getting a console version after they are done with the PC and the massive expansion DLC, its more money, who doesn't want more money, seriously.

Star Citizen probably will too I bet. From what I recall, he only ruled out last gen.

FloatOn

I did my part early this morning (I woke up at fucking 2:30am for some godawful reason) and bought Valkyria Chronicles via GMG.

I also bought some random shit on steam that I can't remember.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Civ:Be will also support it, Thief and Sniper Elite 3 might use it already and Crytek have announced support for it.

CivBE, Thi4f and SE3 are not upcoming titles. ;)

Isn't mantle kind useless if you have a beefy CPU? so far only tried Thief,SC and Civ BE, don't see any difference at all.

More or less, yeah. The reason it's (generally) faster is because there are less CPU overheads.

Copons

Well done Copons! I never forget the game crashing twice after the
boss marathon
sidequest.

And I also got to finish the Unwanted Customer one!
Now that I finished all the quests related to previous chapters, I can finally move on! I'm so happy I could crash to desktop!

Congrats!
I had no idea there are sidequests about teaching cook on DP.

Yeah, "teaching to cook" is kind of an overwrite... :D
Actual quest is
a 3 separate quests, that you have to do in SEPARATE chapters (or at least days I guess), only at 7PM while raining, and in each quest you have to give Emily some ingredients to complete her recipe.
So simple, but at the same time so hard to pull off when you cannot save until the chapter ends and the game keeps randomly CTD during every loading. :(

Hope this works :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phreakuency, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V #2 -- MB-8C34B20258104E5B - Taken by Kifimbo
Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V -- MB-50AFB1AC379EE6A2 - Taken by Zeeman

tioslash

Amd make bad drivers most the time .

I´m not very satisfied with Nvidia latest drivers aswell, in fact, I always read good things about nvidia drivers, but apparently since I switched from AMD I´m not very lucky with them. Always breaking something requiring me to rollback to previous one.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-5AB5191B58AFE944

t1414756810z1.png

Ozium

is painkiller Hell and Damnation crap like people say or are they just mad that it's not like Black?

only thing that scares me of painkiller hd is all the dlc

Saty

I find that if Steam for some reason crashed and didn't close all its processes down, this tends to happen. Just exit Steam and end the processes that remain. Should be fine

Nothing remains when i close Steam. When i run it it shows 2 webhelper processes.

Does anyone know what was in GMG's Batpack?

Also, how was VC hidden so well in Steam db for so long?!

Sorry for just asking questions, I'm on my phone and it's hard to go digging for information using free Wi-Fi from stores.

Knurek

eh... until the newest 970/80 AMD has always had the best bang for your buck, your commentary seems a bit inflammatory or even fanboyish.

I used ATI card for a few years (XFX 6770):

Very high idle/work temperature (upwards of 70 C idle!, 90 C under load, compared to my current 750 Ti which idles at 25 and 35 work temp)
High power draw - larger electricity bill offsets the lower price somewhat
Problems in a bunch of games (OpenGL support makes idTech games a horror, no shadows in Prototype, massive stutter in Saboteur, anything that used PhysX was a headache to work with).
CCC is beyond terrible and nothing exists that's as easy to use/flexible as NVIDIA Inspector (RadeonPro has some nice features, true, but it's been abandoned in 2013 and still doesn't have as many things to tweak as TeamGreen equivalent)

F-Pina

I would say YES, but I made the game so I am a little biased :D

Currently people either love it or hate it, and I knew this would happen.
Either they love the stupid humor or hate it and either they love the simple and easy gameplay or hate it.
The only thing I don't understand is people who hated the music... really? Ok, I guess.

It's 4.99&#8364; on the Steam Halloween sales but it's buried under 1.255 special discounts so I am curious to see how this goes.

And I also got to finish the Unwanted Customer one!
Now that I finished all the quests related to previous chapters, I can finally move on! I'm so happy I could crash to desktop!

Yeah, "teaching to cook" is kind of an overwrite... :D
Actual quest is
a 3 separate quests, that you have to do in SEPARATE chapters (or at least days I guess), only at 7PM while raining, and in each quest you have to give Emily some ingredients to complete her recipe.
So simple, but at the same time so hard to pull off when you cannot save until the chapter ends and the game keeps randomly CTD during every loading. :(

The randoms CTD's are part of the experience to make the quest harder, it's totally working as intended!

KarasuEXE

Got my keys from Catch of the Day and I have this spare one. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KarasuEXE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-541229D3CC8D7A41 - Taken by Klendathu Club Owner. 17 entrants total.

t1414768270z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom