• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Gaffers. need some help!

Which of the following games on sale should I buy?
I have the money for just 3 of them!
Which ones are worth it?

Anna - Extended Edition 1,74€
Nihilumbra 1,74€
Eldritch 1,55€
Montague's Mount 1,59€
Closure 1,99€
Penumbra Collectors Pack 1,79

Thank you!!

don't buy Anna, whatever you do, don't buy that!
You can get it from the bundle, play for 15 minutes and throw in NOPE category forever, though

Shadownet

Banned
Gaffers. need some help!
Thank you!!

I never play any of these games before but IF I know SteamGAF as well as I think I do. They would tell you to buy Penumbra Collectors Pack as one of the three.
I'm buying it tomorrow too based on recommendations.

Tesseract

Banned
Gaffers. need some help!

Which ones are worth it?

Nihilumbra 1,74€

Eldritch 1,55€

Montague's Mount 1,59€

Closure 1,99€

Thank you!!

i'd go with eldritch, fantastic roguelike

penumbra, and uh, whatever else

Arthea

My weekend plans are getting out of the hand, I have:
evolve
Claire
Sanitarium
(replaying for cheevos is valid excuse after all)
continuing FF13
continuing Korra
continuing Hard reset

I need to narrow it down to manageable levels somehow. Any ideas?

Why isn't Higurashi out today for Halloween?

Man, this is some bullshit.

I know! totally

Gaffers. need some help!

Which ones are worth it?

Nihilumbra 1,74€

Eldritch 1,55€

Montague's Mount 1,59€

Closure 1,99€

Thank you!!

Eldritch should definitely be one of them.

Shadownet

Banned
Someone stop me. I have a weird urge to buy most of the games on sale right now. Help.

I found myself lusting after the Prototype Bundle and I don't even know why. That discount price tag.

Someone stop me. I have a weird urge to buy most of the games on sale right now. Help.

I found myself lusting after the Prototype Bundle and I don't even know why. That discount price tag.
MOjHgoA.gif

deadflower81

Neo Member
don't buy Anna, whatever you do, don't buy that!
You can get it from the bundle, play for 15 minutes and throw in NOPE category forever, though

I never play any of these games before but IF I know SteamGAF as well as I think I do. They would tell you to buy Penumbra Collectors Pack as one of the three.
I'm buying it tomorrow too based on recommendations.

Penumbra titles are a great deal at that price. If you liked Amnesia, you'll like Overture and Black Plague as well. The others I have not played, so I can't vouch for them.

i'd go with eldritch, fantastic roguelike

penumbra, and uh, whatever else

Eldritch should definitely be one of them.

Thank you guys!!
Penumbra and Eldritch will be bought on the next few minutes! :)

Now the third one.... probably i'll go with Nihilumbra, it seems a nice platform/puzzle game but I hope it's not too much on the short side.

Shadownet

Banned
[/QUOTE]
Don't temp me bro >___<

I wish there was a website that list the "must-buy" games that are on sale right now to make my decision easier. Some of these titles I never heard of like STALKERS.

I should ask around tomorrow and make a list of games people think I should get because they're amazing. Gonna need some recommendations.

Spyware

Thank you guys!!
Penumbra and Eldritch will be bought on the next few minutes! :)

Now the third one.... probably i'll go with Nihilumbra, it seems a nice platform/puzzle game but I hope it's not too much on the short side.
Penumbra is a really good choice! I would say Closure for the third. Really liked that one.

Copons

I MADE IT! I MADE IT!!!

After about 200 failed attempts, 3 fresh installs, 2 changes of install locations, several tries with kb/m instead of controller, dozens of tries in windowed instead of fullscreen, at least 600 12 hours sleeps to get to 7PM while raining, I finally managed to finish the third and last sidequest about teaching to cook to Emily and end the chapter to get to save in Deadly Premonition a couple of seconds before it crashed!!

My life is complete now, I can finally go back to the heavens along my angels bros, to resume playing the story mode.

Catshade

Gaffers. need some help!

Which ones are worth it?

Nihilumbra 1,74€

Eldritch 1,55€

Montague's Mount 1,59€

Closure 1,99€

Thank you!!

Eldritch, Penumbra, and Closure. Anna and Montague are just bad walking simulators.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
first time using ModBot, so please let me know if there's any problem redeeming the key!
Good Luck Juniors!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (efyu_lemonardo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco -- MB-D74BA67694D55102 - Taken by Avinexus. 5 entrants total.

t1414749430z1.png

Arthea

I MADE IT! I MADE IT!!!

After about 200 failed attempts, 3 fresh installs, 2 changes of install locations, several tries with kb/m instead of controller, dozens of tries in windowed instead of fullscreen, at least 600 12 hours sleeps to get to 7PM while raining, I finally managed to finish the third and last sidequest about teaching to cook to Emily and end the chapter to get to save in Deadly Premonition a couple of seconds before it crashed!!

My life is complete now, I can finally go back to the heavens along my angels bros, to resume playing the story mode.

That's the spirit!
such dedication, much perseverance
congratulations are in order ;)

Knurek

The end game takes basically as much time as the rest of the game (><)
unless you don't go for 100%.

Nah, I don't think I will. Main storyline, backup saves if I ever get the urge to tackle hunts 30+, free 50 GB off of HDD.
Never was one for unnecessary grinding in games, and FFXIII post game seems to be 100% that.

provista

Neo Member
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (provista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unmechanical -- MB-2B844CC253BBF44D - Taken by confuziz. 2 entrants total.
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-26B7BC4BF68CA265 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-41FBE205CD650CDB - Taken by Mr.McFist. 1 entrants total.
Gentlemen! -- MB-874B43EE1B7462D8 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1414750390z1.png
[/QUOTE]

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does it feel better than the old xboxen 360 controller? mine is wired and is getting on my nerves might upgrade to wireless xone if its good.

I think it's better in every way. I just wish MS would hurry up and release a wireless receiver for comfy couch purposes.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok i think i can understand what people saw in divinity original sin, this gam eis pretty alright

again what i love the most about this game is how system-based it seems to be. so many dumb stuff to do, like picking up a hard to open chest and putting it in your inventory so when you go back to town you can buy a pair of lockpicks to open that thing. and other goofy shit using the pyramids, the whole telekinesis thing, moving boxes! all of that is great, i love it

quests are very entertaining too and i really enjoy how main and sidequests are interwined. reminds me a lot of witcha 1 in that aspect and it's something that's really cool when done right which seems to be the case

combat is a lot of fun too, pretty challenging so far and i'm happy i've been forced to use scrolls and potions often and try and get a bit creative with fights by flinging explosive barrels around and electrifying people and stuff. still not 100% clear how everything works but my party's finally shaping up

bad parts of the game so far are like often is in these types of game, all related to interface. inventory management is an absolute drag and i'm already ignoring most random loot just to not have to deal with it. some other things like healing after combat being kind of annoying since casting that healing spell takes way too long and just general obtuseness of crafting and upgrading and all that stuff. also character portraits are kind of hideous :/

generally tho, i'm super hooked, just played it for like 4 hours in a row which is a lot for me

hopefully by when i'm done with it, wasteland will be fairly patched

Copons

bad parts of the game so far are like often is in these types of game, all related to interface. inventory management is an absolute drag and i'm already ignoring most random loot just to not have to deal with it. some other things like healing after combat being kind of annoying since casting that healing spell takes way too long and just general obtuseness of crafting and upgrading and all that stuff. also character portraits are kind of hideous :/

D:OS interface is so bad that for the entire game I wanted to fly to Belgium just to slap, one after another, all Larian UI guys in the face.
But portraits are kinda ok. I made one that totally looked like a jshackles avatar, so that whenever I got into a fight I was all "I'm gonna enhance your ass, you satanist mofo".

D:OS interface is so bad that for the entire game I wanted to fly to Belgium just to slap, one after another, all Larian UI guys in the face.

I really liked D:OS, but I have to admit I stopped playing 3/4 of the way in, because I just couldn't stand the Interface anymore. The whole crafting/repairing/inventory was just soooo annoying. Crafting just felt so unfinished, they should have just removed it and deleted all those random junk materials which clutter your inventory. Especially because you have no idea which of the random junk you actually need later to craft useful stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
But portraits are kinda ok. I made one that totally looked like a jshackles avatar, so that whenever I got into a fight I was all "I'm gonna enhance your ass, you satanist mofo".
mine don't look anything like their characters cos one of my characters has pink hair and the other one is bald and has like a philipines skin tone or something

but generally they don't look too good, i don't like them at all

general interface isn't totally terrible but it's pretty bad even if it looks pretty good (unlike wasteland's which looks pretty bad and also works pretty bad)

goes to show these kinds of games are just hard to interface for. i really wish they did away with the per-character inventories and everyone just shared one. you can then only use in combat the items in your quickbar or something and if you want to change equipment you could have a diablo-style secondary set or something.

or who knows, maybe have everyone's inventories be open at the same time by selecting everyone or something

and identifying or repairing items should be doable by right clicking on them and then most capable dude takes care of it. no trading items just for repairs

i bet coop really complicated developing an interface for this game

I really liked D:OS, but I have to admit I stopped playing 3/4 of the way in, because I just couldn't stand the Interface anymore. The whole crafting/repairing/inventory was just soooo annoying. Crafting just felt so unfinished, they should have just removed it and deleted all those random junk materials which clutter your inventory. Especially because you have no idea which of the random junk you actually need later to craft useful stuff.
yeah crafting sounds like something i don't want to waste my time with

tbh i'm not the type to min-max games or spend way too much time crunching stats and trying to get epic gear and all that so i'll be fine

zkylon

zkylewd
i really like how prototype pretends to be all serious and about saving humanity or something but then you eat people to get your health back lol

such a ridiculously unaware game

everyone is so fucking intense in that game and you're like literally running upwards on buildings dressed as a hotdogs vendor dude

Spare from the latest humble bundle

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ScreamingTrees, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-3F2B1F5F24A0B1C8

t1414761850z1.png

Firebrand

Did Diretide come back to Dota or something? (edit: I was thinking of the Greeveling there) Last night I couldn't sell my old Greevil essences for 0,10€ on the market, today they're gone as soon as I put them up at 0,47€ each.

Not crazy about the format for the Halloween sale... just a big listing? I suppose they mean for the store to highlight something you'd be interested in, but I find it harder to find interesting stuff this way.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Rhaknar, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-E481F71944E89A67 - Taken by The Reloader. 76 entrants total.

t1414755909z1.png

New daily raffle!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys! To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chrome -- MB-878F36A680AC1A5D

Gunpoint -- MB-B4639A6FBD308B78 - Taken by Natty1. 7 entrants total.

Chrome SpecForce -- MB-2E7487FE2D05BA69 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-A99B9EDBED95AA81 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.

xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed - Ep. 1 Gold Edition -- MB-B6B58AD29869B89A - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.

Towns -- MB-AFE6A25E65FB8322 - Taken by Aitor. 3 entrants total.

Epigenesis -- MB-24FB7475303D9DEE

t1414838770z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom