• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving away some sweet Payday masks which I'd use yet I find the game morally objectible.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PAYDAY 2 HALLOWEEN MASKS (Werewolf & Deep One) -- MB-43BDAE1C39E2C750 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

Now I need to finish Witcher 1 and Alien Isolation (hopefully Transistor too) before DA:I comes out, and Witcher 1 is such a long ass game, nearly 18 hours and I've only just reached Chapter 3.

I like it, it's a little bare bones at the moment, only sandbox mode is in, with a story mode to come, but it's still really fun and engaging when you get into it. they just released a couple big updates this last week so I'll check those out but for $15 I definitely think it's worth it.

Big updates. Story mode plans. Yep, I am leaning toward picking this up.

Thank ya, Dear Leader!

Arthea

Are you getting ready for your service in the Gallian Militia, steamgaf?

Anything extraordinary happened while I slept?

someone tell me if our darker purpose is worth the bump to the BTA tier if you already have the other two games in the tier which are betrayer i think and something else hmm. oh yeah five nights at frederick's of hollywood

Autumn sale, heating season and Xmas are near. I think that answers your question.

Ozium

someone tell me if our darker purpose is worth the bump to the BTA tier if you already have the other two games in the tier which are betrayer i think and something else hmm. oh yeah five nights at frederick's of hollywood

Arthea

4 new people (that weren't me) won VC off of raffles.

outrage!
I thought it's not region locked, surely you can afford it at the best price?

I'm already planning on getting the $1 tier, do you think that the game will go below 4 during the seal?
I honestly don't know, I just pointed out that you might want to hold on for the time being, seeing as you have other games already.
Also $1 tier is not even in question here, get it!
I did.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spooky* spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Home -- MB-AF9DCBBF11B721B6 - Taken by ArynCrinn
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-0C7F5FF6AA9A18F0 - Taken by tuseday
Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-BA56072EC39841B1 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Betrayer -- MB-A7DE545D5436F364 - Taken by EzioCroft

* Vertical Drop Heroes aside as I needed the Halloween DLC.

Arthea

It's strange royale isn't running any Halloween bundle, they had one every year as far as I can remember.

see Arthea, JaseC knows what's up...

BasedC.

what that even means? Jasec is rich and crazy, I'm just crazy, you can't expect us to have the same behavioural pattern, you know

Anything noteworthy from the Halloween sale?

for example the Room is dirty cheap now and a great game.

Yakkue

Here is someguyinahat's impression of the game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124017041&postcount=5218

I imagine nobody here plays the dark side of King's Bounty, but in case somebody does, did they fix a game already?
There still seem to be some major issues:
amud from the steam forums said:
I'm playing my second game (first was during early access). They fixed quite a few things - or maybe i did things in a different order so they were less broken. There are still some majoy flaws (which likely will never be fixed);

a) A lot of quests don't have text in the quest so if you miss what the guy sez (or forget) there is no way to chat with him a second time or check the quest log to figure out how to complete

b) timeback still crashes a *lot*

c) had a weird bug last night where middle of the game saves stopped working (when I exited there was a coplaint about missing resource but I couldn't reproduce it)

d) There is a lot of confusion on how to complete some quests or chain of quests (see a)

e) spells (what do you call them - stuff like titan armor) no long show you how much longer they last (they did in earlier games); no clue what they did to the engine to cause this feature to be removed but it is kind of annoying - these spells tend to last x battles.
-
Those are my major complaints but the game is improved over early access. It is a lot of content for full price (almost too much as some of the later quests have a bit too much back and forth).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lovely Planet #2 -- MB-E59CC45FC10A8FEC - Taken by cardinalmind. 14 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-B1EA0D0034A0DAC2 - Taken by Htown. 15 entrants total.
Lovely Planet #3 -- MB-22652099399B52E9 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 17 entrants total.

t1414748289z1.png

Arthea

lemme stress it more: The Room is in my GOTY list, yes, it's that good. Get it people!

Also I noticed that both Prototype games are on sale, but not part of Halloween sale?
Or alternatively Halloween sale format is so messy that I didn't noticed before?

They're part of the sale.

ya, what I mean I haven't seen them while navigating the sale page. Only stumbled on accidentally

Yeah, looks like the sub was fixed. I was just making it clear that the DLC isn't included in the giveaway.

Ah, right. Still, it's an odd addition to the bundle unless they're planning on removing it from the store after halloween, I guess.

Edit: well, it makes sense to include it for the drm free version but the steam key still seems rather superfluous.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
here, have some Mordor, because, I dunno, karma and shit

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-E481F71944E89A67 - Taken by The Reloader. 76 entrants total.

t1414755909z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why not burn, freeze, or decapitate some demons this Halloween in a classic FPS.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Painkiller Black Edition -- MB-6E1E803B0F026A8D - Taken by Majukun. 6 entrants total.
A smooth and solid FPS that feels quite rewarding in how much death you bring to the demons of hell, with a variety of weapons that all feel quite satisfying to use. Try the Stakegun.

t1414755729z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Yakkue saved the day again!
and my wallet. Thank you
lemme stress it more: The Room is in my GOTY list, yes, it's that good. Get it people!

Also I noticed that both Prototype games are on sale, but not part of Halloween sale?
Or alternatively Halloween sale format is so messy that I didn't noticed before?
I played The Room on my phone before and yeah it's really good. But I'm not sure I would buy it again for Steam. Unless there is a deep discount.

Didn't the original Prototype came out around the same time as another game that was similar in term of gameplay or design of the main character?

I know that Prototype 2 wasn't that good from reviews. I was going to get it day 1 back then.

Arthea

Entering Mordor for the karma

same (><)
and I couldn't resist (._.)

Yakkue saved the day again!
and my wallet. Thank you

I played The Room on my phone before and yeah it's really good. But I'm not sure I would buy it again for Steam. Unless there is a deep discount.

Didn't the original Prototype came out around the same time as another game that was similar in term of gameplay or design of the main character?

I know that Prototype 2 wasn't that good from reviews. I was going to get it day 1 back then.

The Room is ~$1(&#8364;), that's not deep enough?!
I'm contemplating buying Prototype every time it goes on sale, kinda funny how I still don't have it.

Knurek

I'm contemplating buying Prototype every time it goes on sale, kinda funny how I still don't have it.

Dat Acti Price effect!

Damn, I've just realized I've only finished three games this month, one of which was an hour long TWINE deal...
FFXIII just totally consumed me, warts and all...
Really need to get my ass in a gear and finish the game, Orphan's Cradle mobs are scary though - even with some minor Hunt grinding I'm finding myself replaying some of them a few times.

Deitus

Prototype and Infamous launched pretty close to each other, and were frequently compared to each other.

But their rivalry did ultimately result in this masterpiece, so it all worked out:

Prototype 1 was a game that was really fun to roam around the city in and destroy things, but the mission design ranged between bland and infuriating. Still worth 5 bucks I would say. I'm waiting for Prototype 2 to drop to that price before I pick it up.

Arthea

Dat Acti Price effect!

Damn, I've just realized I've only finished three games this month, one of which was an hour long TWINE deal...
FFXIII just totally consumed me, warts and all...
Really need to get my ass in a gear and finish the game, Orphan's Cradle mobs are scary though - even with some minor Hunt grinding I'm finding myself replaying some of them a few times.
The end game takes basically as much time as the rest of the game (><)
unless you don't go for 100%.

Not even the protagonist is likeable? damn.

Wow I just had a JaseC moment right there. I already have The Room in my library. 0.o probably from a bundle..
This is a strange feeling.

it never was in a bundle, though (><)

AHA-Lambda

humble spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Amnesia A Machine for Pigs -- MB-A81D208F5ECE1543 - Taken by nightstorm
Teleglitch -- MB-FBBA20AA780B94DD - Taken by The Boat
Risk of Rain 1 -- MB-4294683792BD3EB6 - Taken by NEO0MJ
Risk of Rain 2 -- MB-FF0A416ED2725865 - Taken by pahamrick
Risk of Rain 3 -- MB-C467FA6EEA20ECAC - Taken by lindarasta
Risk of Rain 4 -- MB-EA30338CC97F83DC - Taken by Feel_The_Pain
PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-D8CE71E4159C7E66 - Taken by Erudite

deadflower81

Neo Member
Gaffers. need some help!

Which of the following games on sale should I buy?
I have the money for just 3 of them!
Which ones are worth it?

Anna - Extended Edition 1,74€

Nihilumbra 1,74€

Eldritch 1,55€

Montague's Mount 1,59€

Closure 1,99€

Penumbra Collectors Pack 1,79

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom