• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Jagged Alliance: Flashback came out of Early Access. Price is about 50% lower, too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/256010/

Not really sure if they're trying to appeal to fans of the originals. One thing that's missing is a list of available mercs. The first JA had 60 mercs to choose from. Who's still available? They only showed 9 for one second in the trailer, and even though it had some good ones (Ace! Hitman! Magic! Cliff! Fidel!) it seems to be focusing on the combat, which was only half the fun of the game.

Good stuff. Akimbo pistols will be my main

Don't read the comments on the announcement, though. Some of the dumbest members of a fanbase I've ever seen. Complaining about price (when it says it's a free DLC in the description), crying about how it's ruined the game, more complaining about the absence of the rumored female heist member, etc.

While the whole Crimefest promotion seemed to be a set-up for this DLC, I can't see why people would be complaining. They got free Payday 1, extra weapons and several free pieces of DLC.

Don't read the comments on the announcement, though. Some of the dumbest members of a fanbase I've ever seen. Complaining about price (when it says it's a free DLC in the description), crying about how it's ruined the game, more complaining about the absence of the rumored female heist member, etc.

While the whole Crimefest promotion seemed to be a set-up for this DLC, I can't see why people would be complaining. They got free Payday 1, extra weapons and several free pieces of DLC.

People still complain about the paid DLC packs, if you look hard enough you will still find people bitching about the first paid DLC pack, how much it's a rip off with their 800 hours of playtime and dozens of free DLC and updates...

iosefe

People still complain about the paid DLC packs, if you look hard enough you will still find people bitching about the first paid DLC pack, how much it's a rip off with their 800 hours of playtime and dozens of free DLC and updates...

you can't please everyone

i for one am excited

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Jace Hall wanted to release a remaster of the original game, but Atari eventually changed its mind and put a stop to the project.

I know, I was so hyped about it too, I hope someone manages to save it from the evil clutches of Atari some day. It's a dumb move, I'm sure it would sell enough to justify a remaster. Even if it's just a small touch up like Duke 3D and Samurai Warrior got

Can't you use a sourceport with the currently released Blood? http://store.steampowered.com/app/299030/

Well the thing is, you play it in dosbox, or you don't play it at all. No source port exists at all, which is a shame because the game doesn't run very smoothly in dosbox. There's been a few projects over the years but none which have finished. It's a real shame because the game deserves better than dos emulation, but the source code for the game isn't released so there's not much that can be done.

Going to shamelessly endorse Out of the Park Baseball 15, which is 50% off right now...

Sim any season in history, or build your own teams. Full control or no control over front office decisions, lineups, pitching, minors, free agents, all that mess.

It's a fantastic video game and if you like baseball, you should check it out.

Uzzy

FdrzbHp.png

It's time.

Looks like Jagged Alliance: Flashback came out of Early Access. Price is about 50% lower, too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/256010/

wot

Didn't the game hit early access a few months ago only ? I remember the game was far from finished then, how come it's being released so soon ?
Can someone who has the game elaborate on its state ? I'm especially interested by the merc roster, the mercs portaits animations and the voice acting. They better not have fucked my Scully up.

And that's Korra bought. In ruskie pounds, only came out to about £7, so can't really complain even if it isn't amazing. Think I'm going to enjoy it though, even if the story isn't as good as the show, its more Avatar-verse stuff to shoot into my veins.

Miker

Regarding buying games from cross-region traders (i.e. Russian bears): is it possible to somehow pay with Steam wallet? I think some traders used to take keys, but not anymore.

MUnited83

For you.
Regarding buying games from cross-region traders (i.e. Russian bears): is it possible to somehow pay with Steam wallet? I think some traders used to take keys, but not anymore.

Erm, keys are still the main trading currency for traders. You can buy some keys with Steam wallet and then use them for the trade.

kulapik

Tis em, spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kulapik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Osmos -- MB-F3DFEC21E1029632 - Taken by nja
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-A95ADED419A2C70C - Taken by Soi-Fong

Super Hexagon -- MB-871924A4295F5CA7 - Taken by TheLight
Zenbound 2 -- MB-23DA5741E3291FA9 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Miker

No.
(There were rumours of steam wallet trading, but Valve time, so they haven't happened yet and might never)

Erm, keys are still the main trading currency for traders. You can buy some keys with Steam wallet and then use them for the trade.

Hmm. I'll look into it, but I'm probably too lazy. I think I'll just wait for a sale on Korra.

Also, I wish that Steam would put The Longest Journey and Dreamfall pack on sale to celebrate the (impending?) launch of Dreamfall Chapters.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Going to shamelessly endorse Out of the Park Baseball 15, which is 50% off right now...

Sim any season in history, or build your own teams. Full control or no control over front office decisions, lineups, pitching, minors, free agents, all that mess.

It's a fantastic video game and if you like baseball, you should check it out.

Incidentally, it's also the 4th highest Metacritic game on PC this year #hype

Uzzy

Well, the resolution setting is already very annoying. Having to manually go through each resolution, with the game switching to that resolution, in order to get to 1080p isn't fun.

Asgaro

Latest Dreamfall Chapters backers email.

The crunch is real.

Hello!

Sorry for spamming your inboxes, but we figured this is an important enough morning/day/afternoon/evening/night to justify multiple updates. Hopefully there will only be ONE more.

(If you didn't read the previous update yet, do so now! And then come back for good news!)

We have fixed the subtitle/voice bug, we believe we've fixed the save-game bug and we're currently testing the Mac crash bug. In other words: progress! Of course, things might still go terribly wrong, but let's just cross fingers, toes, tentacles and hope for the best.

What will happen now is that we are building (making) new versions of the game for all platforms, the whole team will play through those, and then, if things look good, we will publish to Steam/GOG/Humble as quickly as possible.

We sincerely apologise for the delays and we hope we haven't turned anyone into pirates or ruined anyone's days/nights/birthdays. We do believe the wait has been worth it in order to get the best possible experience, and we hope you all agree!

We will send out one more update when things are in place and ready to roll (or if things go tragically awry; let's hope not) so stay tuned for that.

Stay patient, folks!

Team RTG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom