• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Guys, guys, guys, why isn't there a game like Oni combined with Max Payne set in a building like the one in The Raid? Because I really want that to be a game so I can kung fu some fools and also shoot them.

that sounds pretty dope

but make it like the raid 1

the raid 2 was garbage

Deques

header.jpg

Anyone heard of Devil's Dare 悪魔の挑戦?
This looks interesting beat em up game. Too bad it doesn't support online co-op :(

Skyzard

Banned
damn Skyzard, that was harsh

Right? Thank you.

Can't poke the beehive right where it hurts I guess.
Bishop is pushing for PC parity now:
If the PC shouldn't be held back by those restraints, why should the PS4?

It's true too, you forget about resolution if it's not a big difference pretty quick. And 30fps can mean amazing stuff like Drive Club's lighting and weather effects.

milena87

Finally prices are going down for the GTX 970 here in Italy.

Now I'll just wait the Asus Strix to be around 320-340€. Hopefully it'll happen before the end of November :D

Miguel81

ninja gaiden black was pretty bad

that rachel character made me want to send people angry letters

The game itself is fantastic, but yeah, Team Ninja like to go overboard with their female characters.

Thanks, I'm 6 hours in, just finished mission 5.

Chapters 5&6 were the toughest so far, and I'm on Chapter 12 now(~25 hours according to Steam). A lot of that time was repeating sections to try different strategies and find ID tags.

Sendou

Right? Thank you.

Can't poke the beehive right where it hurts I guess.
Bishop is pushing for PC parity now:

It's true too, you forget about resolution if it's not a big difference pretty quick. And 30fps can mean amazing stuff like Drive Club's lighting and weather effects.

I don't agree with you but I can see where you are coming from. Then again maybe you were trolling but honestly I couldn't tell either way :p Harsh stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
The game itself is fantastic, but yeah, Team Ninja like to go overboard with their female characters.

tbh i played it a long time ago so i don't think my opinion on it is worth too much but i remember hating the shit out of it

i remember not liking the enemy types and bosses, all the non-combat sections and overall feeling like the game was being constantly cheap

i heard since that it's pretty rewarding if you make it to be but i didn't enjoy it whatsoever

my rating of the genre so far is: bayo > dmc3 > dmc4 > dmc1 > rising > ninja gaiden > god of war. dmc2 doesn't count and the rest i haven't played (like new dmc, ninja gaiden 2 and whatnot)

also i liked pantsu vs robo-salarymen better than everything below dmc1 lol

but yeah, i don't mind some fun and silly exploitation like bayonetta or lollipop chainsaw but when stuff like that rachel girl are supposed to be titillating it's just gross

Dr Dogg

I'm half expecting those Amazon links to direct to a reseller by the name of Zeliard's & Sons.

I've just got the issue do I get sucked into Beyond Earth first or does the postie deliver Bayonetta 2 before that unlocks.

someone put Zeli on suicide watch next month when the NPD comes out and Bayo 2 bombed like a motherfucker

i would put half this thread on alert when it becomes known who didnt buy Bayonetta 2.

Miguel81

That's one of the things I personally enjoyed was the feeling of adventure/hub-based world rather that just being fight after fight after fight. The swimming sections were bad, but the defense-based combat is my favorite. Of the games you listed, DMC1 is also regarded highly by me -- liked the survival horror roots and atmosphere. Don't play Sigma as you'll be forced to play as Rachel for a few chapters.

I wouldn't mind having a trilogy pack on Steam. It could happen whenever NG4 gets announced and if Tecmo KOEI decide to port the older games to consoles.

Edit: I have NOT played Bayonetta yet.*hangs head in shame* The style put me off, but I could end up giving the games a shot when I purchase a WiiU.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's one of the things I personally enjoyed was the feeling of adventure/hub-based world rather that just being fight after fight after fight. The swimming sections were bad, but the defense-based combat is my favorite. Of the games you listed, DMC1 is also regarded highly by me -- liked the survival horror roots and atmosphere. Don't play Sigma as you'll be forced to play as Rachel for a few chapters.

I wouldn't mind having a trilogy pack on Steam. It could happen whenever NG4 gets announced and if Tecmo KOEI decide to port the older games to consoles.

i would maybe give it another chance if it was released on pc

but yea i hated that game a lot lol

Edit: I have NOT played Bayonetta yet.*hangs head in shame* The style put me off, but I could end up giving the games a shot when I purchase a WiiU.
you've got to play it!

it's amazing!

zkylon

zkylewd
i once fell asleep in the relaxation part of yoga. i know you're supposed to meditate but i don't believe in that stuff so i just dozed off

i don't get this title

Arthea

finally noticed why are you talking about Yoga, it's in the title, now someone kindly tell me why is it in the title? Just woke up it's too hard to try to comprehend atm.

Ozium

Only 25% positive reviews. Looks completely broken... How did the game come into your possession? Did you buy into it for whatever reason? :lol

was in a bundle

first area has something that's supposed to be a pool of water? reflecting a skybox... but you look up and yer in a warehouse... the fuck... then you go outside and I fought some big spider thing that glitched into a wall.. I continued on and I thought it crashed but it was loading some new area.... where I walked in a straight line for a minute w/ no one around then got bombarded by zambies

also everytime there is a scene transition it shows your character in 3rd person while a little scene plays and you can run around.. lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought people said Skyrim Legendry was a seperate app from the normal? Guess I misread

was in a bundle

first area has something that's supposed to be a pool of water? reflecting a skybox... but you look up and yer in a warehouse... the fuck... then you go outside and I fought some big spider thing that glitched into a wall.. I continued on and I thought it crashed but it was loading some new area.... where I walked in a straight line for a minute w/ no one around then got bombarded by zambies

also everytime there is a scene transition it shows your character in 3rd person while a little scene plays and you can run around.. lol
The trailer on its store page looks hilariously bad. Like... wow.

Lain

Finally prices are going down for the GTX 970 here in Italy.

Now I'll just wait the Asus Strix to be around 320-340€. Hopefully it'll happen before the end of November :D

I bought one at the end of September for 370€. How much are they going for now?

milena87

What makes the Asus Strix so special compared to the other 970's?

I like that in idle the fans of the card won't run and even when they do run, they're very silent.
I have the Asus one for my GTX 670 and I really love how quite it is. And the 970 version is going to be even quieter.
I'm always looking for quiet components. My next upgrade after the graphic card will be another SSD for games.

Regarding different 970s, the MSI would be my second choice, but they usually cost a bit more than the Asus here.

bjaelke

Finally took the time to try Knights of Pen and Paper +1. You can tell the developers had a blast creating it/writing the dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom