• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

How do you even fail a yoga midterm?!

Nothing better than to wake up to find Korra waiting for you.
Nothing worse than to find out the game has no subtitles at all. Why? =(

First impression playing is very positive, but now I got to find out if the game can be downsampled or some stronger AA applied.

Yeah...i just realized it doesn't have a subtitle option. Every game needs subtitles!

Anyone heard of Devil's Dare 悪魔の挑戦?
This looks interesting beat em up game. Too bad it doesn't support online co-op :(

Aww, no online co-op? This would've been perfect to play with my baka. Also the achievement icons are amazing lol.

Milamber

What the heck!? I just asked about the Asus Strix and I suddenly get an email...

x2vDmmB.png

EDIT: Price sucks though.

EDIT: Somebody here knows me and works there.

Copons

I know it's old
screw me, these days I'm always 12-24 hours late on everything :'(

21 October - Steam Client Beta Update - Oct 21st
We've just published an update to the beta which includes the following changes:

General
- additional support for upcoming Steamworks API features

OS X
- fixed a chat-related crash

but does anyone
jshackles
know anything about those API features?

Lain

http://i.imgur.com/JdoEneD.jpg

So many conflicting opinions on the Korra game. Maybe I should just save my Platinum money for Bayonetta 2.

I've put between 1 and 2 hours into the game so far (and only unlocked the first power) and I think it's great for what it costs and what it is. Even at the start with no powers there's a certain degree of flexibility in the fighting, since switching powers switches the fighting style even with no powers.
The game isn't the greatest looker, the cutscenes look really low budget with how they lack fluidity to them and there are no subtitles (why? why would anyone do that?) but the 60fps action is all in there and it is quite fun.

Dr Dogg

What makes the Asus Strix so special compared to the other 970's?

Generally speaking you could ask 10 people and they would probally give you 10 different recomendations. No body brings up Palit but they make awesome aftermarket coolers and are pretty good customer service wise same with Gainward who actually make coolers you can clean thoroughly. End of the day unless there's a manufacturing flaw going on (like EVGA using a cooler which only 2 of the heat pipes sit on the die due to cheaping out) then it's all about the warranty/RMA situation and prefference for a particular brand and their customer service. For example ASUS are a fucking headache to deal with if something goes wrong in my experience but Gigabyte have a local RMA centre and don't charge for collection. That might be different for you but another thing to bear in mind with overclocked cards some are better than others. So just because Joe Bloggs gets one that has X boost clock speeds doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get the same. You might get something better, you might get something worse but it's all part of the silicone lottery. Only the top, top of line cards get binned and even then that's not always the case.

Arthea

I've put between 1 and 2 hours into the game so far (and only unlocked the first power) and I think it's great for what it costs and what it is. Even at the start with no powers there's a certain degree of flexibility in the fighting, since switching powers switches the fighting style even with no powers.
The game isn't the greatest looker, the cutscenes look really low budget with how they lack fluidity to them and there are no subtitles (why? why would anyone do that?) but the 60fps action is all in there and it is quite fun.

I was little surprised by lack of subtitles too. The game looks cheap, that's true, but I can live with that, don't expect much of the story too. I just hope that combat will be better as a game progresses.
The biggest surprise
came from probending, though, it plain sucks if I was to judge from the start of a game.

Finally took the time to try Knights of Pen and Paper +1. You can tell the developers had a blast creating it/writing the dialogue.

The game is funny, but holy smoke how it gets tedious to play after a while, another one I'm yet to finish.

Knurek

Close to end of chapter 9 in FFXIII.
Whoever said the game is easy, and basically plays itself needs to really have their head checked.
Some of the mobs in the Palamecia Bridge Access area required crafting custom party lineup and paradigms, and pretty much every fight required constant monitoring of battle results in case things went south, exploiting ATB refresh trick and being on top of the game.
Seriously, Dark Souls wishes its battle system was as engaging as FFXIII is.

Whoever said the game is easy, and basically plays itself needs to really have their head checked.
Some of the mobs in the Palamecia Bridge Access area required crafting custom party lineup and paradigms, and pretty much every fight required constant monitoring of battle results in case things went south, exploiting ATB refresh trick and being on top of the game.

FFXIII battle system is great.

Arthea

People just like to dis FF13 and there are those that claim every game is easy, because that makes them look so much better and tougher than the rest of us, you know that, right? ;)
There are a lot of things wrong with FF13, but bs and difficulty are not those things.

edited: kinda spoiler
unfortunately FF13-2 is easier, not by a whole lot, but it is

Knurek

Oh, Square Enix, never change.

The FINAL FANTASY XIII team have been working hard to improve your experience on Steam and we're happy to announce the following changes will be rolled out.

■ All versions
A request-to-confirm notification, will now appear when you try to quit from the full-screen mode.

■ Asian version
"Confirm" and "Cancel" button assignments on the Controller Settings have been switched.

It took them two weeks to enable one confirmation dialog and switch two buttons around. Great job. /s

why? nothing was wrong with controller controls at all, nothing. Now it will be wrong!

Asian version

This is true at that point in the game.

Now realise that you have finally "understood" the battle system and can now use the exact same setup and the exact same tactics for every single fight for the rest of the game.

Enjoy.

Knurek

Now realise that you have finally "understood" the battle system and can now use the exact same setup and the exact same tactics for every single fight for the rest of the game.
Enjoy.

As opposed to every other RPG ever?

Arthea

Asian version

don't scare me like that, also I don't like all you whiny people. esc -> quit was great, there was not need of confirmation whatsoever.

Enjoy.

That's a flat out lie, actually, it's nothing like that (><)
Every hunt of later ones require different setup, and most story bosses too.

As opposed to every other RPG ever?

Maybe.

Just about every other RPG gets around this issue by having an interesting story and at least one character that is slightly likeable.

That's a flat out lie, actually, it's nothing like that (><)
Every hunt of later ones require different setup, and most story bosses too.

Ah the fabled "FF13 gets good at Grand Pulse". I've been there, I've done all that. You can use exactly the same setup, it just takes longer. For other bosses, you just need to grind a bit, doing the exact same battles until you are strong enough to use the exact same tactics against the stronger monsters.

There just isn't much there.

Now have to work Saturdays until the end of the year, meaning I have 12 hour shifts 6 days a week(4:30PM to 4:30 AM)
dead2.gif

At least I'll be able to afford more games I won't be able to play :p

Dr Dogg

To back up the music from GTA, which folders do I need to copy? I tried searching for .adf files but nothing comes up.

Ohhh lets test my memeory. I think for Vice City it's under the audio directory and just the files in with *.adf extentsions in there. For San Andreas it's audio>streams but this time it's all the files in there. They probally wont have associations or extentions but they'll have obvious names like the radio station they should be and are about 100mb in size each give or take. Not a clue about GTA III as it's been a while.

Arthea

Maybe.

Just about every other RPG gets around this issue by having an interesting story and at least one character that is slightly likeable.

Ah the fabled "FF13 gets good at Grand Pulse". I've been there, I've done all that. You can use exactly the same setup, it just takes longer. For other bosses, you just need to grind a bit, doing the exact same battles until you are strong enough to use the exact same tactics against the stronger monsters.

There just isn't much there.
no, you can't, if you do hunts not at the end of the game, but as you encounter them, it takes a lot of work with setup and strategy to do them, it's not about "it takes longer" and you don't need to grind either. You probably can brute force through big part of them by using same setup and 0 preparation getting 0 rating in the process, I never tried, but that's not as it's supposed to be done now, is it?
Also stubbornly refusing to use bs depth that a game has, doesn't make bs shallow. You don't like a game, I get it, you don't want spend even more time with it by exploring combat possibilities, I get it. I don't get why you say that white is black. ;)

no, you can't, if you do hunts not at the end of the game, but as you encounter them, it takes a lot of work with setup and strategy to do them, it's not about "it takes longer" and you don't need to grind either. You probably can brute force through big part of them by using same setup and 0 preparation getting 0 rating in the process, I never tried, but that's not as it's supposed to be done now, is it?
Also stubbornly refusing to use bs depth that a game has, doesn't make bs shallow. You don't like a game, I get it, you don't want spend even more time with it by exploring combat possibilities, I get it. I don't get why you say that white is black. ;)

The quote was:

Now you can argue that it is amazing if you want. But I also think you could argue that bad rats has an amazing battle system if you are prepared to play it while using your imagination and while receiving oral sex from two amazingly talented girls.

While this may be true, and I'm willing to test it out fully for science, it doesn't mean that the battle system is necessarily good.

Now Icewind Dale? That is a battle system, available on the 30th!

Arthea

The quote was:

Now you can argue that it is amazing if you want. But I also think you could argue that bad rats has an amazing battle system if you are prepared to play it while using your imagination and while receiving oral sex from two amazingly talented girls.

While this may be true, and I'm willing to test it out fully for science, it doesn't mean that the battle system is necessarily good.

the hell? are you serious?
I kinda thought you can be reasoned with, sorry about that (><)

Dr Dogg

Bad Rats has a better physics simulation than Bioshock

Oddly that could be verging on fact over opinion. Try playing both at N fps over 60 and tell me I'm wrong!

L.O.R.D

What the heck!? I just asked about the Asus Strix and I suddenly get an email...

x2vDmmB.png

EDIT: Price sucks though.

EDIT: Somebody here knows me and works there.

very expansive
PC Time in Saudi arabia sell gigabyte GTX 970 for 2000 SR = 533$
told him : WTF ? why soo expansive ?
told me for warranty from us , you can't get warranty from amazon
told him yes i can get warranty from them

Knurek

Now Icewind Dale? That is a battle system, available on the 30th!

Incidentally, that (and other Infinity games) are exactly what I'm thinking about while playing FFXIII.
Just a lot faster, flashier looking and with no pause.
Fitting considering Final Fantasy started out as a AD&D fangame.

toddhunter, opinions are like assholes, you should know that already.
I'm getting more enjoyment out of FFXIII than I got from Dark Souls. Way more. I like all the characters. Seriously, even Hope and Snow. I find the story engaging, true that it's not as good as ones from Matsuno games, but it's keeps me interested in the game and let's me cool down after all the tension caused by enemy encounters.
Only thing I don't like so far about the game is the goddamn stutter.

Dr Dogg

Shiiit SteamGAF get on this man's level:

http://abload.de/img/tattooe5uah.png[MG][/QUOTE]

Yeah because I'm sure that chap isn't going to regret that when he's in his 60's plus when the skin on his arm has sagged all out of shape. His grandkids asking 'papa what is that funny thing on your arm?'.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah because I'm sure that chap isn't going to regret that when he's in his 60's plus when the skin on his arm has sagged all out of shape. His grandkids asking 'papa what is that funny thing on your arm?'.

And he's all like "Nanomachines, son."

Plus he's not going to get a job anymore I know because I work in HR and I would never hire a man with a tattoo because they are not trustworthy.

~~ actual NeoGAF tattoo thread quotes ~~

Ohhh lets test my memeory. I think for Vice City it's under the audio directory and just the files in with *.adf extentsions in there. For San Andreas it's audio>streams but this time it's all the files in there. They probally wont have associations or extentions but they'll have obvious names like the radio station they should be and are about 100mb in size each give or take. Not a clue about GTA III as it's been a while.

thatsdamngood.gif

Thanks for your help, it worked perfectly! I don't know why Windows didn't pick up the files but they were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom