• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Not my arm.
vnCnwDt.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
MGS2 was incredible. Tattoo redeemed.

Like all MGS games except 4. My god what was Kojima and co smoking? They ruined Snake, they ruined Raiden, they ruined the stealth, and it was a technicial piece of shit with installs at every chapter (until a year ago where they patched it)

Nzyme32

so is the power in this more towards the 970M models or the actual 970?

Legit GTX 970 - actually slightly faster than the reference card to boot! The only downsides are that is runs slightly hotter and can't be overclocked as far as the standard GTX 970 card due to the cooler. Still needs a full review and more benchmarks but it's looking very promising for fans of mITX!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You know what I just found out? Drakengard 3 is an Unreal Engine 3 game.

You can add it to the pile of Japanese games that by all rights should get a trivially easy PC port but haven't and probably never will.

Close to end of chapter 9 in FFXIII.
Whoever said the game is easy, and basically plays itself needs to really have their head checked.
Some of the mobs in the Palamecia Bridge Access area required crafting custom party lineup and paradigms, and pretty much every fight required constant monitoring of battle results in case things went south, exploiting ATB refresh trick and being on top of the game.
Seriously, Dark Souls wishes its battle system was as engaging as FFXIII is.
Lol wat. Bro that game IS easy and all you need to do is to continue pressing x with the occasional shift

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You know what I just found out? Drakengard 3 is an Unreal Engine 3 game.

You can add it to the pile of Japanese games that by all rights should get a trivially easy PC port but haven't and probably never will.

Maybe Eurogamer would be a little less scathing if it were to review a PC version:

It's not even as if the characters or environments are particularly complex or detailed: for the most part, this looks like an upscaled PS2 game. It makes Dynasty Warriors look like Crysis, and I'm almost surprised Epic didn't ask for the Unreal Engine 3 ident to be removed from the game's intro out of embarrassment.

Ozium

Any other confirmation ?

no confirmation until the bundle goes live or a trailer is out... but the speculation now based on hints is:

the novelist
project temporality
double dragon neon
boo bunny plague
tesla breaks the world
jules verne voyage to the moon

and a gog game with the following hints:
rating of "ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence)"
not available on Steam
classic that's older than 5 years

Jawmuncher

no confirmation until the bundle goes live or a trailer is out... but the speculation now based on hints is:

the novelist
project temporality
double dragon neon
boo bunny plague
tesla breaks the world

rating of "ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence)"
not available on Steam

All I want is DDN

Knurek

I just played the part he was talking about. Basically I thought it was harder than everything else until I simply started bothering to use Sentinel skills. Then it became easy again.

It took me upwards of 20 tries to five star the 4xPSICOM Dragoon + PSICOM Reaver mob. It wasn't a simple 'use Sentinel, duh' fight, it required significant shift in my battle plan.
That's certainly not something earlier FF games required, not for storyline encounters at least (for example in FF7: Summon spam and in FF8: Zell's Aura+Fist of Death spam were enough to clear just about anything the game threw at you, Weapons excluded).

Kifimbo

the novelist
project temporality
double dragon neon
boo bunny plague
tesla breaks the world

not available on Steam

Good enough for a preorder.

the novelist
project temporality
double dragon neon
boo bunny plague
tesla breaks the world

not available on Steam

Meh, I'll wait for the bundle to go live since I only want The Novelist.

the novelist
project temporality
double dragon neon
boo bunny plague
tesla breaks the world

not available on Steam

No Night of the Rabbit? :(

Arthea

the novelist
project temporality
double dragon neon
boo bunny plague
tesla breaks the world

not available on Steam
I deeply doubt that's even remotely possible.
Also I think most of guesses are wrong (><)

The novelist will be there, though, because I already bought it and regretted immediately after

No Night of the Rabbit? :(

I was sure it'll be in, but after groupees guy told that only one game was bundled before, I'm not so sure anymore.
It was bundled before, wasn't it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

the novelist
project temporality
double dragon neon
boo bunny plague
tesla breaks the world

I'd be okay with that list. I need Boo Bunny and Tesla.

Ozium

the last few be mine bundles have had a lot of newly released and/or previously unbundled games like consortium, whispering willows, betrayer and nekro..

double dragon neon isn't that far fetched tbqh

Arthea

I thought the same but looking at

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/252350/header.jpg?t=1405444488[/IMG

the hint really looks a lot like the red dragon head including the exact same perspective.[/QUOTE]

must be something with my eyes, because I didn't see it like that before and don't see it now. More importantly, it barely was on sale couple of times, why would they bundle it before doing major discount at major sale?

We will see soon enough, though

Shadownet

Banned
What was the best price glitch you guys can remember?

Btw I'm going to the movie this morning.. Alone..
:(

Probably going to go see The Equalizer and then Fury.

Really kinda switch to Maze Runners (I was a fan of the book back in high school) and Dracula Untold (cause I like vampire movies)

Decision..decision..

Arthea

Origin code for $20 off that mistakenly also worked on games that were <$20. EA let people keep the games they'd "bought" for free.

oh! I thought we are talking about steam price glitch.

I remember you telling me about some awesome uplay thingie where people got many games free, must be that if we aren't talking about steam.

Shadownet

Banned
I think I know why.
Why do you go in the morning?
I go alone cause I don't have any friends left and in the morning cause I'm poor and tickets are cheaper.

I'm going to say Valiant Hearts mainly because I enjoyed it so much in the end.
I agree, I think Valiant Hearts was the best price glitch for me. I managed to get half a dozen copies to give away too and it was a great game.

P.S. I'm talking about Steam price glitch but that Origin glitch sounded awesome.

Edit: are Freezard, Skyzard and Zeliard related?

Yakkue

I just finished Final Fantasy XIII.
sbJm167.png

Can't say I understand all the hate that game gets, it has its problems, but I had a lot of fun with it.

The battle system stood out to me the most - especially the later missions were great and required quite a bit of strategy. (
Neochu
took me so many tries.)

I loved
Tonberrys
suprise entrance and the fight against
Cactuar / Gigantuar
All in all I felt there could have been a bit more enemy variety though.

I liked the music overall, but I don't think there's a single song that'll stay on my mind like some of the earlier ff songs did.
Most of the locations are beautiful and something you could just stare at for hours (apart from that
training facility
in chapter 10(?), I got sick of that quite quickly.

It didn't really feel like a final fantasy game to me, apart from there being eidolons, chocobos and stuff, but neither did FFXII and I enjoyed that game as well.

Shame that the steam overlay didn't work properly for me, I hope they fix this in the future.

BTW, is there a way to fight against
Titan
? I think Rhaknar mentioned something like that.
--

Looking forward to playing FFXIII-2 in december - except:
someone in the Steam forums said:
FFXIII-2 is much more conventional, closer to the beloved FFX, so unless masses are driven away by the technical issues of this one, FFXIII-2 shouldn't fare that bad.
Is that true - and in what way? Because I didn't like what little I played of FFX back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom