• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
never too late for that, but I think it's as false alarm as SoM was

Yeah, I was kidding about freaking out. But I do think that it is a bit more warranted for a Ubisoft release. AC4 still drops to low 40s every now and then, when I'm in Kingston.

Any news on the delay for the PC version? :lol

Dr Dogg

Ok boys and girls we're going to do a little test.

OQDA1r3.png

First up does that make more or less sense to you that the usual Required and Recommended spec listings? Secondly can you guess the game those are from? And yes I know I spelt recommended wrong!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I meet or exceed the recommended for everything but gpu (r9 270x). Is there no hope that I'd be able to run unity?

milena87

With Valve's games that support subtitles, they look to the language of the Steam client to determine which one to use, which makes mixing and matching possible. You could try this with Alien, but I'd hazard a guess and say that Valve's approach is rather unique.

I see, thanks Jase. I don't think he changed the client's language on my PC before playing, so it's already in english. Or it should be.
I'll check it when I get home, but I guess that Alien Isolation, for whatever reason, just doesn't want people to play with the original VO if they don't understand english.

Uzzy

First up does that make more or less sense to you that the usual Required and Recommended spec listings? Secondly can you guess the game those are from? And yes I know I spelt recommended wrong!

That's far better than the usual required and recommended spec listings. It gives people a second step of information, beyond 'will I be able to run the game?' and 'will I be able to run the game well?'

more sense.

Required and Recommended are vague as shit.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My backlog stuff was the hardest for me to track as well.
Sat there and basically had to go through what I had on my systems, shelf, and then achievement lists.

Yup, I need to work on keeping a list of what I've completed and what I haven't and what I still own, but my Steam library alone in 1,800+ games, and I have a very large physical collection of games too, just so much to play. OTL And on-top of this, I've played a lot of free horror games this year too from the indie scene.

Saty

http://www.oddworld.com/2014/10/update-new-n-tasty/
PC, Mac and Linux versions

We showcased the PC version of Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty to the public in Manchester, UK, in October. To the surprise of many players, it was the full game, playable all the way through. But we’re not quite finished with ensuring the game is fully optimised for all hardware, and have at least a couple of months left before release.

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty will launch on Steam (with other storefronts to be announced) as soon as possible. We don’t currently have a recommended spec but we can confirm there are graphics setting sliders in the game, along with controller support and rebindable keys.

We may be looking to run a closed, private beta of the Steam release of New ‘n’ Tasty in the near future. We’ll have news on this soon.

Phinor

Lords of the Fallen embargo is 28th october 09:00 CET.

Still waiting on confirmation about retail copies registering on Steam. I've asked the developers multiple different ways but no answer.

Still, it'll be interesting to see how it reviews and compares to Souls games whether I buy a copy or not.

Has it been mentioned that Binding of Isaac Rebirth is free for PS+ in November? LINK

If you were planning on buying it on Steam, but have PS+, may be able to save some money.

Hey folks! Been quite some time since I was here.

Quickly checked the last five pages but didn't see it mentioned.

IndieGala Dephts of Fear Bundle is pretty tight in my opinion.

PWYW (1$)
3,99$ (Only first 24h)

Instantly bought for Knossos and Mind. Pretty awesome bundle if you ask me.

Knurek

Has it been mentioned that Binding of Isaac Rebirth is free for PS+ in November? LINK

If you were planning on buying it on Steam, but have PS+, may be able to save some money.

Not in the long run, if you have to pay monthly subscription fee to have access to it.
Multiply this by a few years, and...

fantomena

Hey folks! Been quite some time since I was here.

Quickly checked the last five pages but didn't see it mentioned.

IndieGala Dephts of Fear Bundle is pretty tight in my opinion.

PWYW (1$)
3,99$ (Only first 24h)

Instantly bought for Knossos and Mind. Pretty awesome bundle if you ask me.

Mind and Book of Unwritten are awesome. Highly recommend them.

legacyzero

Banned
Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs are up:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209650

RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 @ 4GB
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c Compatible 16-bit
Additional Notes: Field of View ranges from 65°-90°.

Ugh.. I have a 670, but only a 2GB. What is up with recent games and 4GB recommendations.

Dr Dogg

Ugh.. I have a 670, but only a 2GB. What is up with recent games and 4GB recommendations.

I wonder if it will lock you out of the game if you don't meet the RAM requirements again? Should be interesting to see as Sledgehammer took some of the EA Redwood ie Visceral Studios engineering team with them. That engine for the Dead Space series is an absolute corker.

Grief.exe

Thanks for the heads up.

But consoles have 8 GB.

Well, no they really don't. A few of that total is reserved for background tasks, and the rest is split between VRAM and general RAM requirements (loading animations for example).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Technology moves forward. PC is not a static platform.

These PC requirement threads are a complete joke filled with tons of concern trolling. If you aren't confident in your rig wait for benchmarks to hit. No one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy the game now.

I remember when everyone told me 2GB cards would be all you need for this gen for 60fps and 1080p.

Getting a 4GB 770 seemed excessive at the time yet here I am. Probably going to have to upgrade late next year, though, because it's already starting to seem like it's not crunching enough numbers.

Vlodril

I finished dreamfall chapters earlier and i ve been trying to post a review on steam about it but steam just wont post it. i get this message "There seems to have been an error saving your review. Please try again later."

being a few hours i restarted and everything and i can't seem to find anything in the help sectin (lol). Anyone knows of this problem (not a big deal but hey indies need all the love they can get).

Jawmuncher

I finished dreamfall chapters earlier and i ve been trying to post a review on steam about it but steam just wont post it. i get this message "There seems to have been an error saving your review. Please try again later."

being a few hours i restarted and everything and i can't seem to find anything in the help sectin (lol). Anyone knows of this problem (not a big deal but hey indies need all the love they can get).

Have you tried posting the review through the website?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but GamersGate has a limited quantity (was a little over 3100 codes when I just got mine a few moments ago) codes for the Evolve alpha to guarantee you to get into the alpha for people who are subscribed to their newsletter (been subscribed for a while to tell me about deals and such).

Keys are exclusive to the PC version of the alpha, but guarantee entry.

Yakkue

You're not the only one with this problem.

Dr Dogg

Technology moves forward. PC is not a static platform.

These PC requirement threads are a complete joke filled with tons of concern trolling. If you aren't confident in your rig wait for benchmarks to hit. No one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy the game now.

You know what it's like. Some folks just have to play every game ever on Ultra Settings (what ever that bloody well means) or it's a shit unoptomised port with their 5 year old hardware smoking away.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You know what it's like. Some folks just have to play every game ever on Ultra Settings (what ever that bloody well means) or it's a shit unoptomised port with their 5 year old hardware smoking away.
Yep, the Shadow of Mordor and TEW threads were exactly the same. Either Gaf has an endless wheel of naive "pc gamers" or some people will literally never learn.

Nabs

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but GamersGate has a limited quantity (was a little over 3100 codes when I just got mine a few moments ago) codes for the Evolve alpha to guarantee you to get into the alpha for people who are subscribed to their newsletter (been subscribed for a while to tell me about deals and such).

Keys are exclusive to the PC version of the alpha, but guarantee entry.

http://gamersgate.com/evolve

Jawmuncher

Subscribed to GG newsletter
Look through emails for GG newsletter
Last one I received was 2013

Thanks to the link I got mine now though.

danielcw

Finally:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danielcw, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge -- MB-6640FCD40D7CB475 - Taken by Axass. 2 entrants total.

t1414084838z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom