• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

does it mean that presequel is really slow? (><)

iZ6JquqgCCVh.gif

these people can't dance if even their sales depended on it

Gamersgate locked me out after trying to use the password they sent me to reset my password, which i'm pretty sure I knew. I guess i'll have to hope there are still keys 6 hours from now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TEW though is pretty bad if you wanted a constant 60FPS.

Game was fine for me though at 30fps.
The initial TEW meltdown was when the specs recommended 4 gb of VRAM, something that proved to be false and was pretty obviously bullshit but didn't stop an absurdly long thread from being filled up with complaints.

The 60 fps is a separate issue as it seems more of an issue with their engine changes since no card can lock 60 perfectly while high end stuff handles 4k at 30 fps just fine.

The initial TEW meltdown was when the specs recommended 4 gb of VRAM, something that proved to be false and was pretty obviously bullshit but didn't stop an absurdly long thread from being filled up with complaints.

The 60 fps is a separate issue as it seems more of an issue with their engine changes since no card can lock 60 perfectly while high end stuff handles 4k at 30 fps just fine.

Yeah, it seems to be sitting in the same corner with Dead Rising 3 in regards to being optimized for 30 and not a lot of work for 60. Stinks, and hopefully we get more Alien Isolations and less DR3/TEW.

Finished AC Brotherhood!

Feels good finishing a game every once in a while.

Having finished 69 games this year, I totally agree! And the great thing about it is that i've discovered so many gems along the way, like Guacamelee, Witcher 2, Dark Souls, Arkham City, and many more. I feel like I've had the best year of gaming in a while, thanks to this being a slow generation so far and that allowing me to reach back and play some of classics from the recent past.

Jawmuncher

Ahhh ok gotcha.
I remember that thread. Yeah was surprising when people didn't learn from numerous other games before it. Minimum and Recommended are still pretty broad a lot of the time.

tjohn86

Got an Evolve key!

"You have been registered for a chance to participate in the Evolve Big Alpha using the information below."

A chance? Damn.

DocSeuss

Afternoon (well it is here anyway). Did you hear about Titanfall getting a 4 player coop wave based horde mode? Sounded quite like another one of your brainwave been stolen.

OT but a guy I went to college with we used to call Hyde due to having the remarkable likeness of Fredric March's appearance of Mr Hyde.

I swear to god that's what developers do. I wish they'd pay me for it, because I got so many great ideas.

Bioware stole so much of Dragon Age from my head and then made it LESS COOL.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Got an Evolve key!

"You have been registered for a chance to participate in the Evolve Big Alpha using the information below."

A chance? Damn.

It says a chance on the site, but the GamersGate news letter says the keys are guaranteed entry, and it says a chance even if you pre-ordered Evolved, which gets you guaranteed keys as well.

Since you register the keys all in the same place, it'll always say that, but depending where you got the keys from, it'll either be a chance or it'll be guaranteed. GamersGate says the keys are guaranteed, but will only work with the PC alpha.

Or to quote the newsletter:

"Get guaranteed FREE access keys to the Evolve Big Alpha that starts October 31st. Hurry, quantities limited."

Umh, I still miss 7 main missions to complete Mordor, but the game bored me to death.
Really, I'm glad I didn't spend money on this, even with a 75% off I would regret my purchase.
I think I'll remove season pass from my wishlist too, even if the Sauron DLC could be nice (but since this game is pretty much all the same, Sauron probably will be just an alternate skin to fight).

hmm, that's actually my next game. What aren't you liking about it?

iosefe

Fucking hell JAW do you not want my money? I understand wanting an optimized PC experience but for crying out loud that's edging on 6+ months past initial release. I hate to sound impatient but I really love oddworld dammit
Imagine how I feel waiting on the ps3/vita versions

Chariot

It says a chance on the site, but the GamersGate news letter says the keys are guaranteed entry, and it says a chance even if you pre-ordered Evolved, which gets you guaranteed keys as well.

Since you register the keys all in the same place, it'll always say that, but depending where you got the keys from, it'll either be a chance or it'll be guaranteed. GamersGate says the keys are guaranteed, but will only work with the PC alpha.

Or to quote the newsletter:
guaranteed FREE

Dr Dogg

I swear to god that's what developers do. I wish they'd pay me for it, because I got so many great ideas.

Bioware stole so much of Dragon Age from my head and then made it LESS COOL.

Respawn are also putting in a 'The Floor is Lava' MP mode where you obviously can touch the floor which sounds like something you we're talking about regard to constant motion. Take them to court!

Dusk Golem

guaranteed FREE

You're right, the wording does imply that. I fell for simple wording, i was one of a few things they mentioned in the newsletter (main thing was that they're having Fallout game sales this weekend). But hey, more of a chance at least.

Alavard

I got in a couple hours more of Deadly Premonition last night, and I'm just enjoying it more and more. There are all these little flaws with the game that just don't matter to me anymore; they just don't reduce my enjoyment at all.

The melee combat is pretty janky (hard to know exactly where to stand to make sure your swing hits an enemy, or when you're close enough for the enemy to hit you), and yet I'm only barely annoyed because I like the rest of the game so much.

derExperte

If someone wants an easy game to complete in about 4hrs give Braveland from Be Mine 15 a shot. Easy achievements too, can be 100%ed in one go by selecting the highest difficulty.

rtcn63

I sent out a job application this morning, got a callback, and he asked me about computers even though the position was purely administrative. The call lasted three minutes, and he said he'd get back to me.

I'm never going to be baller enough to afford a PS4 and Wii U. No one's makin' it rain on dis here fella.

Jawmuncher

I send out a job application this morning, got a callback, and he asked me about computers even though the position was purely administrative. The call lasted three minutes, and he said he'd get back to me.

I'm never going to be baller enough to afford a PS4 and Wii U. No one's makin' it rain on dis here fella.

Maybe he will get back to you!
Ok maybe not hopefully the job hunt works out soon enough.

Jadax

Is evolve a big thing? I got 2 beta invites but haven't bothered using them since the game won't run on my laptop. Will update this post with the keys once I find them.

Edit: Once I get home from uni.

chronomac

I requested an alpha key for Evolve, it added the game to my library on GamersGate and then I submitted my info. I guess I'm waiting for an email now.

Jawmuncher

Is evolve a big thing? I got 2 beta invites but haven't bothered using them since the game won't run on my laptop. Will update this post with the keys once I find them.

They want it to be a big thing and we all wanna try it. But just going off some other impressions and the gamescom video I kinda doubt it .

Dusk Golem

It's made by the original creators of Left 4 Dead, it's the first game project they've worked on since making Left 4 Dead. But curiosity will do. I didn't try it at PAX, but my brother did and he enjoyed it. If it'll be big is to be seen, I would say Left 4 Dead is big, though.

Dusk Golem

Oh my goodness. Halloween sales delivered last year, here's super hoping they do this year. There were horror games super cheap who's prices weren't beaten by the Winter Sale or following summer sale, I hope it does it again this year. Source on this?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Oh my goodness. Halloween sales delivered last year, here's super hoping they do this year. There were horror games super cheap who's prices weren't beaten by the Winter Sale or following summer sale, I hope it does it again this year. Source on this?

Swery retweeted this :)

New Budlestars Phantoms bundle:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/phantom-bundle/

Are you ready for a horrifying new bundle? Prepare for a scare with 7 haunting Steam keys for only $2.49 in the Phantom Bundle, saving 96% off the normal price!

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
Haunted
Small Town Terrors Pilgrim's Hook Collector's Edition
Shadows: Price For Our Sins
House of 1,000 Doors: Family Secrets (Includes Steam Trading Cards
Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2 (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Them - The Summoning

Edit: I fixed the link, sorry.

Alavard

Same for me. DP was great, but in the DC they tuned down combat difficulty, so all the fights are here only to waste my time. The rest of the game is simply amazing.

Hmm, it has felt a little easy so far, but I assumed part of that was the weapon (the guitar) from a sidequest I did early on. Well, even if it doesn't get much harder, I'm not really playing it for the combat, so I'll probably keep enjoying it as much.

lashman

2014-10-23_17-07-19.jpg

• Added the 2 final Evil Clown masks to the game
  • Added a new intro starring Chains
  • Fixed an issue with third person view of silencers
  • Fixed an issue with the reload animations on the Akimbo weapons
  • Fixed an issue with third person view of the URSA Tanto knife
  • Fixed weapon modification values for the Chimano Compact
  • Fixed an issue with the Deagle pistol so that the long barrel does not work with new compensators
  • Increased the weapon stability of the Chimano Compact
  • Changed the concealment stat on the CAR-4 rifle magazine weapon mod from being 1 to 2
  • Raised the costs of Akimbo by 40% as they were too cheap
  • Fixed an issue with mask animations connected to John Wick

I now realize this whole Evolve alpha key thing was really just a form of marketing. I remember a few weeks ago they were difficult to get, and now 50,000 of them are being given away by one site?

Quit being absurd and just make registration open. These keys are effectively meaningless now.

Chariot

I am too lazy to raffle. I already go my chance from GMG, anybody want a code from jeux? As always I choose arbitrary with whom I like the most.

lashman

Where are you seeing that?

Also, you have to hate yourself if you don't pick it up at that low price. The game is a flawed gem, well worth your time if you like quirky and janky games.

Also, that means we're getting some horror sales tomorrow? Lets do this!

source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom