• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was once given one of those.

It was awful to use, I might as well not having a keyboard.
Using a virtual keyboard with the mouse was a better experience than using that.

Virtual keyboard is a godsend on my days off when I'm just lazing around lying on my bed with my laptop on my gut.

kudoboi

yCsvk2Y.gif

so kawaii! :3

Since the PC version of Gears 1 has rebalanced gameplay (way more recoil iirc), does it revert back to console style low recoil shooting if you plug in a X360 controller?

I played it using a mouse, and I always wondered.

Dr Dogg

Master Chef and Marucs Pheonix collections for Windows 10. Believe!

Actually speaking of Windows 10 and the technical preview, after a few updates and Nvidia's latest drivers yesterday it's running Mordor, Shogun 2 and Civ V pretty peachy with my early framepacing issues seemingly fixed. Performance is about in and around 5% better than Win 8.1 in those 3 as well (as in using less GPU power) but that could be drivers rather than OS. Outside of the early teething issues and blue screens it's been pretty peachy so far so worth checking out if you like to tinker, just don't expect anything revolutionary over 8.1 (though multiple desktops and Live Tiles under that Start menu are awesome additions).

Finished Nickelodeon™'s The Legend of Korra!
Took me 3.7hrs
98th game I finished.

This is the first time in a while I've finished a game I bought on the same day, I really enjoyed my time with Korra.
The gameplay is very solid, lots of combo potential, and the animations look gorgeous, I'm going to be replaying it on Extreme difficulty and try to purchase all the items and combos I haven't unlocked yet.
The music is alright, it's no metal gear rising, the tracks are mostly stuff you hear in the cartoon and in there it works fine and it works fine here, bit disappointing to not hear any new tracks since Platinum usually has killer soundtracks no matter the game quality, but oh well :(

Graphics are surprisingly nice, looking at screenshots I thought it looked kinda ugly, but in motion at 60FPS the game is just beautiful!

Kiru

Is there anyway to reverse the process? I ask because I use this program to download Grid Arts every now and then. And it download the F2P artworks as well despite them not even showing up in my library.

Kinda annoying but not a big deal. I just wamted to ask if I can get those F2P off of my account somehow.

For anyone else wanting to remove all the F2P games they added through that other script: Close your Steam client before you do this. Then navigate to the licenses page on your browser and open the browser console:
CTRL + Shift + I for Chrome
CTRL + Shift + K for Firefox

Then you paste in this script here:
http://pastebin.com/0fA38ELc
and press enter. Now you have to let the script do the work. I think the process is CPU intensive and may take some time from what I remember. Anything that is left you can remove manually. You can also readd F2P games easily, no progress or achievements are lost.

danielcw

Still giving away Crysis 2:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135450202&postcount=2636

Also: Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danielcw, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-D54C632FC140DA6E - Taken by hobz360. 3 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-4EFB8B71207823DB - Taken by provista. 1 entrants total.

t1414076798z1.png

Origin keys also available if wanted instead. Send a PM

CPU-GAF. I need some recommendation.

I wanna build a mini ITC HTPC as a mediaplayer, but it should play 10bit anime-encodes, which the biggest ones have a bitrate of about 12Mbit/s.
I dont want to spend too much, so I guess an i3-4130 would already be overkill for that but a low-end i3 would not good enough. Any suggestions?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I need to post in Orange's thread, but I've played too many games this year, I don't even know where to begin.

Not only have I played a lot of recent games this year due to the higher number of horror releases, I've been doing a lot of backlog catch-up. I'm almost done playing every PS1 & PS2 horror game to ever exist thanks to this year, about a third of the libraries on both consoles to go (and I own almost every game in their horror collections now).

milena87

I've got a question regarding Alien Isolation, if anyone knows.

My brother is trying to play it, but he's asking if it's possible to play it in english with different subtitles. He says that there isn't an option in game to select different languages, just an on/off option for the subtitles.

I remember that for The Witcher 2 I downloaded both the polish and english languages and then I selected polish VO with english subs in the menu before starting the game.

Is it possible in Alien Isolation, considering that a menu doesn't appear like in TW2? Apparently the italian VO is terrible, but my brother doesn't fully understand english, so he still needs the italian subs and text.

I'm trying to check from work, but I can't access most websites :/

Jawmuncher

I need to post in Orange's thread, but I've played too many games this year, I don't even know where to begin.

Not only have I played a lot of recent games this year due to the higher number of horror releases, I've been doing a lot of backlog catch-up. I'm almost done playing every PS1 & PS2 horror game to ever exist thanks to this year, about a third of the libraries on both consoles to go (and I own almost every game in their horror collections now).

My backlog stuff was the hardest for me to track as well.
Sat there and basically had to go through what I had on my systems, shelf, and then achievement lists.

Faabulous

My brother is trying to play it, but he's asking if it's possible to play it in english with different subtitles. He says that there isn't an option in game to select different languages, just an on/off option for the subtitles.

I remember that for The Witcher 2 I downloaded both the polish and english languages and then I selected polish VO with english subs in the menu before starting the game.

Is it possible in Alien Isolation, considering that a menu doesn't appear like in TW2? Apparently the italian VO is terrible, but my brother doesn't fully understand english, so he still needs the italian subs and text.

Not possible AFAIK. My brother owns the steam version bought in Brazil, and the only way to get out of the dub is to go full english. No way to get the english dub and BR subs.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Zafir, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zafir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Legend -- MB-8AB02857394F02CA - Taken by Copons. 76 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sniper Elite 3 -- MB-9D7562B9AD139ABA - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 61 entrants total.

t1414071157z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

With Valve's games that support subtitles, they look to the language of the Steam client to determine which one to use, which makes mixing and matching possible. You could try this with Alien, but I'd hazard a guess and say that Valve's approach is rather unique.

For anyone else wanting to remove all the F2P games they added through that other script: Close your Steam client before you do this. Then navigate to the licenses page on your browser and open the browser console:
CTRL + Shift + I for Chrome
CTRL + Shift + K for Firefox

Then you paste in this script here:
http://pastebin.com/0fA38ELc
and press enter. Now you have to let the script do the work. I think the process is CPU intensive and may take some time from what I remember. Anything that is left you can remove manually. You can also readd F2P games easily, no progress or achievements are lost.

If Jasec was a vampire (and I'm not saying he isn't) then this post would be his garlic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom