• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this just for US residents though?

Doesn't stop people usually. Unless the code is locked to the NA region... besides, I'm sure there are some US SteamGAFers that would help buy the codes if it wasn't limited to NA.

all I know is I saw the price in my email deal alerts and know a lot of people were wanting it to hit below $20... so I thought I'd share with GAF.

Jawmuncher

Probably already posted, but Dark Souls II is below $20 on the Namco Bandai store:
http://www.bandainamcogamesstore.com/Dark-Souls-II-Steam-Key/dp/B00KBB4B4O#.VEkkxHW9-hd

The season pass is there too, for $16.22.

d0e.gif

I might end up caving and finally using my credit on DS2 if it hits this price on steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There are some reports of people buying the Steam key for DS2 from Namco and getting an email saying their key will be sent out Oct 29th. Just a heads up.

I might end up caving and finally using my credit on DS2 if it hits this price on steam.

Yeah, I'm facing the same Steam credit lock in currently. I'd honestly love to buy it for $20, but I want to use the Gabe bucks that I happen to have saved up. Given that the full price is down to $40 seems like $20 by the winter sale should happen.

On the subject of DS2, is DLC usually put on sale eventually like many of the games on Steam are? I'm interested in getting the DLC, but I don't mind waiting a while for a sale if one is likely to come sooner or later.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally got my proper case for my rig, my second 970 is here tomorrow, and because the new case is bigger I had to rearrange my desk and now both my screens are right next to each other, with the case on the other side (was bellow the desk before but it wont fit now), so it feels like a little fort around me, or like im in the Matrix.

Its a good day

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The hell?

Might as well wait for another sale then.

Yeah I'm not really sure what's happening there exactly. Some people speculate that maybe they're physically mailing it to you (like they would with the PS3 / Xbox 360 versions?

I just tried to check out and it said 3-5 business days for "delivery".

EDIT: I can also choose "next day delivery" for free, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on.

Jawmuncher

finally got my proper case for my rig, my second 970 is here tomorrow, and because the new case is bigger I had to rearrange my desk and now both my screens are right next to each other, with the case on the other side (was bellow the desk before but it wont fit now), so it feels like a little fort around me, or like im in the Matrix.

Its a good day

I miss female laharl.
At least It was there 2 different months.

JustinBB7

I love Halloween season, TF2 Halloween is always my favorite, really bummed there will be nothing for Dota 2 this year. Even if it was just Diretide again. (though would rather have something new) the sales, the Halloween themes on sites. Love it.

Dr Dogg

Those ever thoughtful chaps at EVGA just emailed me to let me know that their 970 reference models have come in stock (I didn't ask but hey that's nice of them). Let's have a look shall we, not that it's going to look much different than every Titan cooler based car...
Ewwwwwwwww! Talk about regression.

xBladeM6x

Official Squenix Rep posted what will be fixed in an upcoming patch few days ago.
Confirmation dialog for Esc while fulscreen and nothing else
Please be excited.

The update announcement was hilarious because they made it out to be like they were releasing some huge thing. The best part, is the comments on the update page. The amount of rage is delicious.

New Budlestars Phantoms bundle:

[URL="https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://bstars.co/phantoms"]https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://bstars.co/phantoms[/URL]

Are you ready for a horrifying new bundle? Prepare for a scare with 7 haunting Steam keys for only $2.49 in the Phantom Bundle, saving 96% off the normal price!

Edit: I fixed the link, sorry.
No, you didn't. Still takes me to a Steam warning page. Why the hell did you format the link that way?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Those ever thoughtful chaps at EVGA just emailed me to let me know that their 970 reference models have come in stock (I didn't ask but hey that's nice of them). Let's have a look shall we, not that it's going to look much different than every Titan cooler based car...

gigabyte is prettier :(

Dr Dogg

gigabyte is prettier :(

All the aftermarket ones are. That looks like a horror from the mid 2000's. I'd expect the box to have an Orc having it's head smashed in by a Space Marine. You know because GPU vendors always marketed their $500 products to a bunch of teenagers no more than 3 years ago.

I really must pull my finger out and go digging back through the archives and research this GPU marketing phenomenon as it could make for a hilarious thread.

Vuze

Whoa, that's one ugly graphics card. Then again, if you use a closed case like me, not even the fancy design of the MSI card matter so...

No, you didn't. Still takes me to a Steam warning page. Why the hell did you format the link that way?

Sorry again, I sincerely I thought I had fixed it.

Since I was browsing the Steam client I had copied and pasted the link, but when I clicked on it myself to check it I found out it was a redirecting link so I edited it or at least I thought so.

No problem. Just letting you know, because you thought you had fixed it.

Yeah, now I fixed it, thank you for pointing it out mate!

Dr Dogg

Whoa, that's one ugly graphics card. Then again, if you use a closed case like me, not even the fancy design of the MSI card matter so...

When I first got my first 780 I was like 'What the GEFORCE bit lights up? Cool!' until it lit the whole fucking room up at night like there was some spooky green ghost activity was going on. Not only coming out the side window but from vent holes round the back and panel gaps out the front too. Thankfully about a month latter GeForce Experience let you adjust them to a different brightness setting. I went with off.

Milamber does this make any sense to you?

Well iOS has built in emoji support now so I'm sure something freakier can come of it.

Alavard

Even then it will crash sooner or later.

Durante said that you should reboot before you play then you can play for some hours IIRC.

Whew, guess I've been pretty lucky then. With DPfix, the only issues I've run into are a) crashes if I alt-tab out and back in when running fullscreen b) running in DPfix's windowed or borderless windowed gives me an instant crash and c) the game crashes when I finish a chapter replay, but only *after* it saves (or at least, this happened with each chapter replay I did of chapter 2)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
When your sniper is two steps away from an alien in X-Com and the probability of a hit is 20%.

Fuck that.

My favorite has always been the heavy two tiles away from an enemy with a 90% chance to hit who misses. I can see you shooting him! He is shot!

jshackles

I really must pull my finger out and go digging back through the archives and research this GPU marketing phenomenon as it could make for a hilarious thread.

I've purchased some pretty laughable ones in my day. I research the specs online and usually don't even know what's on the box until it arrives. I'm not sure why they even bother putting anything there besides the company logo / picture of the card / name of the card / specs. Here are a few of my favorites:

What am I looking at here exactly? Okay there's some sort of cyborg - and FIRE! And maybe a crashed ship next to a guy holding a mermaid? I'm not sure if "crashing" and "fire" are things I would want people to mentally associate with my product if I were them.

I too have dreamed of a day when I could play as a fairy woman in some sort of dank sewer factory.

What is this exactly? Is it supposed to be a sexy green woman - picking red boogers off of green balls?

To this day I will never understand what's going on in the minds of the marketing people behind these boxes.

Copons

Whew, guess I've been pretty lucky then. With DPfix, the only issues I've run into are a) crashes if I alt-tab out and back in when running fullscreen b) running in DPfix's windowed or borderless windowed gives me an instant crash and c) the game crashes when I finish a chapter replay, but only *after* it saves (or at least, this happened with each chapter replay I did of chapter 2)

It's basically a matter of luck.

I crashed whenever the game saw fit, usually during loadings (so almost everytime) but sometimes even while driving (so literally everytime! :D ).

Replaying chapters is almost not possible for me (and trying for hours and thousands of crashes to do the third cooking step sadly burned me out of the game :'( )

Thrakier

GAF please help me. I want to play GTA IV EFLC but I can't start it because of GFWL. I log in with my account, put in the serial code, click on "ok", I get an error message like "can't log in" or something like that and then the game chrashes...

Dr Dogg

I've purchased some pretty laughable ones in my day. I research the specs online and usually don't even know what's on the box until it arrives. I'm not sure why they even bother putting anything there besides the company logo / picture of the card / name of the card / specs. Here are a few of my favorites:

What am I looking at here exactly? Okay there's some sort of cyborg - and FIRE! And maybe a crashed ship next to a guy holding a mermaid? I'm not sure if "crashing" and "fire" are things I would want people to mentally associate with my product if I were them.

I too have dreamed of a day when I could play as a fairy woman in some sort of dank sewer factory.

What is this exactly? Is it supposed to be a sexy green woman - picking boogers off of red things?

To this day I will never understand what's going on in the minds of the marketing people behind these boxes.

Hahaha it's just crazy what on earth is going on in the marketing department's of some of these companies. Palit always comes to mind as they had this Frog mascot that was in some power armour or another on most of their boxes.

That and all the Voodoo cards from 3dFX have freaky eyes from some neon painted faced individual looking back at you.

Asus used to be champs of this and would have something that wouldn't look out of place in Darksiders or Dark Souls on their boxes. Or I stand corrected when going digging and finding something that look like a PS One era Final Fantasy 3D render.

Zafir

It seems Spoony will do a movie.

I used to really like him, but his content seems to have just dried up. The stuff he does do, Counter Monkey/WWE I don't really care for at all either.

Oh and his XIII review seemed kind of bad in all honesty. I really enjoyed his previous ones, but the first part of the XIII ones he seemed to be complaining about kind of silly stuff(Punching robots etc) It might have got better in the later parts but I kind of stopped going to his site due to the above issue.

Ozium

1. The Halloween Steam sale starts on Oct 30 and runs to Nov 3... this has been stated multiple times in this thread via a picture of a message from Valve to Developers... anyone saying it starts tomorrow is spreading false information.

2. One picture was posted for CS:GO Halloween event but in relation to Payday 2.. No one has mentioned that:

Each of our hardened operators have decided to have a little Halloween fun by wearing masks," explains the CS:GO blog. Masks are coming across from Payday 2 and Team Fortress 2.

nor

In addition, there's a chance you'll see fallen teammates as ghostly figures haunting the map. And, of course, there's the chickens. "For too long the chickens of CS:GO have idly watched as their brethren were slaughtered by the droves," Valve write, "and on All Hollow s Eve there is no more room in Chicken Hell." Basically, if you kill a chicken, it will resurrect—but green.

3. Hasn't been mentioned but Team Fortress 2 now allows you to play all the previous Scream Fortress 2 events prior to the new one launching in a week. If you want to run around as a Xenomorph Scout now is the time to do it.

edit 4. Ziggurat (based game) will be out of Early Access soon and the dev has promisted not to issue any death threats if there's a problem

bye

When your sniper is two steps away from an alien in X-Com and the probability of a hit is 20%.

Fuck that.

If you read the weapon description is says it has a penalty for close shots, sniper rifle is for long range shots, you should toggle to your gun for close shots with the sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom