• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Well Firaxis still know how to make an awesome intro. And I'm start to warm to Beyond Earth's ADVISER's cheery demeanor.

Come on, those are the best GPU boxes ever.

http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/44212-2/3dfx+collection+02+box+art+_amp_+table+view.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hahaha yeah I really worded that like a chump. Definitely agree that out of the appalling selection available you knew which was THE card to get when you saw a 3dfx box in the shop. At the time Voodoo card cropped up the packaging made my Matrox workstation card look like something designed by Fisher Price.

Kiru

This reminded me of the old days when you could buy a graphics card that had either Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) or Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) connectors.

I knew a lot of people who didn't know or understand the difference between these and ended up frying a lot of cards and motherboards.

My last PC had PCI & AGP in one Mainboard just because of that stuff. I had to use a AGP card and wanted be to open for a PCI one in the future. :D

Braag

I enjoyed Killer is Dead despite the super trippy storyline and kinda uncomfortable gigolo side missions (which you have to do to get different ranged weapons).
But i loved the visual style and the combat is a lot of fun.
Totally worth it for 8€

Extras from indiegala bundle.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call -- MB-51566BD910CC4FA6 - Taken by Aitor. 7 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-131A5F3B91D77A39 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-44C51B1C7CC271C0 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.

t1414096719z1.png

Turfster

Vampires guide them to safety! keys are now available for the indieroyale phoenix bundle and the BIAB cerebral bundle (via Desura)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crypt of the Necrodancer is another victim of the great save meltdown of 2014.... all my upgrades :(

actually that one isnt too bad, those first 3 levels are my favorite anyway I dont mind grinding diamonds in them

Thrakier

GAF please help me. I want to play GTA IV EFLC but I can't start it because of GFWL. I log in with my account, put in the serial code, click on "ok", I get an error message like "can't log in" or something like that and then the game chrashes...

This thread moves way too fast. Anyone? Should I make a new thread for this issue?

KePoW

Banned
Does Steam not have an exact countdown of how long a game will unlock anymore?

Like on the store page for Civilization Beyond Earth, it does not show a countdown.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This thread moves way too fast. Anyone? Should I make a new thread for this issue?

any time anybody has login problems with GFWL, I always say to go to Xbox.com, login there, and make sure there isn't some TOS stuff you need to agree to.

Because I've had that problem on more than one occasion.

Alavard

Does Steam not have an exact countdown of how long a game will unlock anymore?

Like on the store page for Civilization Beyond Earth, it does not show a countdown.

Plenty of other games still have countdowns on the Store (first one I checked, The Witcher 3 still does). It could simply be that Firaxis/2K never provided a time, just a date to Steam.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Killer is Dead secret best Suda 51 game since NMH1-2 but definitely not for everyone. I should probably double dip so I can play it in 60fps/vsync'd so I don't have to deal with framedrops/crazy screentearing of the PS3 version.

KePoW

Banned
Plenty of other games still have countdowns on the Store (first one I checked, The Witcher 3 still does). It could simply be that Firaxis/2K never provided a time, just a date to Steam.

depends on if a release date has been announced yet.

Ok got it, I did not check other games yet so thanks for the info.

The weird thing is CBE is coming out tomorrow sometime, so I don't know why there isn't a countdown

So how bad will Metro Redux run from my laptop? I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz and GTX 860M with 2 Gbs of Vram? 25 for the bundle looks mighty tempting

Vazduh

So how bad will Metro Redux run from my laptop? I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz and GTX 860M with 2 Gbs of Vram? 25 for the bundle looks mighty tempting

I think it should run fine on high.

Btw, the bundle is around 11$ in Russia (no region lock).

Dr Dogg

its (Removed because every time I post my account here I get a bunch of scammers after me)

Oh you mean like a market or trading lock right? I got caught out with that the other week when I installed that Windows 10 preview. Thankfully still have another device still authorised.

I felt the same after playing Wonderful 101. I'm not going to say it has a bit of a learning curve but there were options-a-pleanty to play the game but some reviews gave the control system a bashing. I supose it speak to people who would also have difficulty with different or fast reactionary systems but then shouldn't reviews try to cover all bases? Have a point of view from someone not familiar with that kind of game and someone where it's there bread and butter. The Idiot and the Expert System™ of parallel reviewing (yes that's my trade mark on the idea!).

Strider

So upon launching Beyond Earth there is no option for me to raise the game to 1920 x 1080... The best I can get is 1280 x 1024. I read a little bit on the steam forums and seems it's an issue for those with 120/144 hz monitors.

for those buying Killer is Dead, here's how to get 60 fps and fix the QTEs that break at that framerate

How To Set The Game to 60FPS and Desired Resolution
1-Go to Program Files(X86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\KillerIsDead\KidGame\Config
2-Open The File KidEngine.Ini and edit
bsSmoothFramerate=True to False and change the Max Framerate to 60.
4 To have Mika's Massage Heal properly please edit these settings on KidGame.ini:
mRevive_MassageRecoveryRate = 2.6
mRevive_MassageHealtDownRate = 0.98
mRevive_MassageDownPowerMax = 10.0
5- ResX and ResY to change your resolution to your preferences
6- Save edits and enjoy the game

Kezen

Banned
For those who may have pre-ordered AC Unity on Steam a 680 is required, apparently.
It's official.

A 680 as minimum specs ? I was not expecting that to happen to early.
Going to be interesting to see how it performs.

Chariot

So upon launching Beyond Earth there is no option for me to raise the game to 1920 x 1080... The best I can get is 1280 x 1024. I read a little bit on the steam forums and seems it's an issue for those with 120/144 hz monitors.
Reports of that in the OT, too. All you guys can do is wait for them to patch that. Shouldn't be that difficult I presume.

Humble Get Your Learn On bundle

TIER 2: BTA
[*] Influent + Language Pack

edit: nevermind, I appreciate I was wrong

I understand this includes 60€ worth of DLCs, so that would make a very good deal for those interested.

Does Influent in that Humble bundle have all the languages?

Copy-and-paste from Humblebundle webpage

Target Languages: Japanese, German, Spanish, French, English, Italian, Swedish, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Bulgarian, and Latin. Interface: English, German, French, Swedish, Russian, and Japanese.

The_Monk

Well already I'm loving the look to Beyond Earth.

This one picture has more colour and terrain variation than I've seen in Civ for ages. And I've only just started playing!

Great to see this, can't wait to see your impressions later on. Have fun! :) I'll be checking every now and then for some GAFfer's impressions on the game since I'm really curious regarding the theme.

Locust

Copy-and-paste from Humblebundle webpage

I saw that, but I figured they could make you select one.

And that is indeed the case:
Please choose a language for Influent here and click Submit to generate your Influent language Steam key and DRM-free downloadable language content:

Dr Dogg

Yeah as I posted in the OT my 120hz monitor only show up 1680x1050@109hz as the maximum resolution and that's after a cold boot as well. 2560x1440@60hz monitor shows up at 59hz but does also show DSR available resolutions.

Great to see this, can't wait to see your impressions later on. Have fun! :) I'll be checking every now and then for some GAFfer's impressions on the game since I'm really curious regarding the theme.

I get the feeling impression from me might take some time. It's familiar straight away like Civ I've know for years so know what and where stuff is but the new Affinity system and Quests sounds like it adds a different spin on some of the bits added into V from ABNW. I started it up on lowest settings and got some silly high framerates so like V should work on a nice broad range of hardware too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom