• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

SteamGAF, don't forget to clean your case once in a while:

8wHGogr.gif

Hahaha it's just crazy what on earth is going on in the marketing department's of some of these companies. Palit always comes to mind as they had this Frog mascot that was in some power armour or another on most of their boxes.

That and all the Voodoo cards from 3dFX have freaky eyes from some neon painted faced individual looking back at you.

Asus used to be champs of this and would have something that wouldn't look out of place in Darksiders or Dark Souls on their boxes. Or I stand corrected when going digging and finding something that look like a PS One era Final Fantasy 3D render.

Remember days of 3dfx,also my friend who bought last voodoo 5 and then after month 3dfx gone :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wouldn't that much air pressure be bad to spray around in your case? I get nervous just using a can of compressed air.

I use something similar to this at work and it's nice and effective - haven't had any problems.

Also LOL at that Sacred 3 discount (0%). The game tanked hard I'm really surprised it's not being offered at 50% off.

Alavard

Wouldn't that much air pressure be bad to spray around in your case? I get nervous just using a can of compressed air.

Most computer components would be completely unaffected unless the air blasts were strong enough to literally tear them apart (which is basically not going to happen). Motherboards, graphics cards, RAM, these things don't really have any moving parts, so they'd be fine.

I suppose if you had some really strong gusts, you could pull a cable out of its socket, but cables are fairly strong too, as are their connections.

The only possible thing I could see damaging with air would be fans, and even then, it would have to be strong enough to be pushing the fan along at a higher speed than its built to go, and it would have to be directed perpendicular to the fan's spinning surface.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that crushing disapointment at The Forrest discount :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Uzzy

ARMA3 free this weekend, nice. Any other gaffers interested in that game? It'd be interesting to play some co-op sometime.

Shadownet

Banned
All these early 2000's box arts are giving me the shivers...

Edit: Gunpoint is a fun little game. It was worth it at Russian price back then.

jshackles

Come on, those are the best GPU boxes ever.

3dfx+collection+02+box+art+_amp_+table+view.jpg

This reminded me of the old days when you could buy a graphics card that had either Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) or Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) connectors.

I knew a lot of people who didn't know or understand the difference between these and ended up frying a lot of cards and motherboards.

MadGear

i remembered when i upgraded from msi FX 5200 to 6600 GT

package.jpg

MSINx6600GT_front.jpg

it was AGP card

I still believe that my Hercules 9800 XT was uglier than that :D

Come on, those are the best GPU boxes ever.

3dfx+collection+02+box+art+_amp_+table+view.jpg

Damn, that Voodoo 5 6000 on the lower right. For some reason i was insanely obsessed with that card back then. Couldn't have afforded one even if they had released it, but idea of a card with multiple GPUs blew my mind back then :D

He's a writer isn't he? He probably doesn't need to spend as much time as the devs do and it's probably mostly spent at the beginning and end of a project.

We mainly know him as writer yes, but recently he a made a tweet about his favorite mails being the ones which start with "I know you're not a developer, but..."

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom