• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sales: Frozen Synapse, strategy GOTY 2011 - 50% off

Ben652

Anyone willing to trade their spare copy? I can trade these games:

HL 1/2, ep1, ep2,
L4D 1+2
Portal
TF2

Or I could gift you something

Ryan_

Just read the review in the Gameplay (Belgian Game magazine) and I'm sold :)

If anyone wants to split one, I can pay via Paypal or can provide you with all sorts of vintage weapons in TF2 (just for those who are interested in that).

My steam ID: Ryan__ (that's 2 underscores)

Looking forward to playing this game!

GatorFan

Banned
Willing to trade a copy for either Terraria or $6 via PayPal. Either one is ok. Can set it up around 12pm on my lunch break. :)

cabrix

Banned
Just picked this up due to the forum effect. If 6 bucks is burning a hole in your pocket and want my extra copy, shoot me a PM.

Liberty4all

Banned
Also bought FS. Played through the tutorial ... this game will suck away my life I can tell right now. Very pleased with purchase.

Moobabe

It's heart warming to see such enthusiasm about FS in here - really one of the best games I've played this year. Keep on buying it people!

windfish

iam looking for the game too (germany here), can't stay away from the hype train as usual...i swear this will be the last game i buy this year from steam.
i can paypal the 6 $ to the kind person or send via homing pigeon.

edit:
all set and done!

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
Broken down and now my need for this game is taking over.
Let me know if you have a spare copy and I'll send you a shiny 6 dollar bill over Paypal.
And I'll also be your Steam-friend for life. You hear that? FOR LIFE!

Edit: Taken! Thank you kind Steam-friend FOR LIFE!

ElyrionX

Ben652 said:
Anyone willing to trade their spare copy? I can trade these games:

HL 1/2, ep1, ep2,
L4D 1+2
Portal
TF2

Or I could gift you something

New to Steam here but if I want to trade for say, L4D2, then, how does this work? We exchange codes and I will have L4D2 registered to my account once I redeem the code? Why does it seem like Valve games are the most commonly offered trades?

Ryan_

Lumine said:
Awwe damnit I want to pick this up, but I'm running low on funds and it's only day 5. What to do. :(

Story of my summer sale this year :(

They should have waited 'till after I did my vacation job.

Ben652

ElyrionX said:
New to Steam here but if I want to trade for say, L4D2, then, how does this work? We exchange codes and I will have L4D2 registered to my account once I redeem the code? Why does it seem like Valve games are the most commonly offered trades?

I send you the game as a gift, as soon as you click 'redeem' it will be registered to your account. I got all these valve games from the potato ARG. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Gaaraz

Thanks drkOne, glad you got your copy anyhow :)

If anyone fancies going halves with a UK'er please let me know via PM or something - don't mind paying for the game (will be home in a couple of hours and will buy right away) or just sending someone some funds over PayPal

Coen

I have an extra copy and willing to trade for a random game. I do own the entire Valve collection and don't really like FPS's.

Ben652

Coen said:
I have an extra copy and willing to trade for a random game. I do own the entire Valve collection and don't really like FPS's.

I could gift you something. Send me a PM.

CzarTim

I have an extra copy, but I'm going to wait for today's sales to go up before I decide what I want to trade for.

RyanDG

sparky2112 said:
Question: if you're not really into multiplayer, is it worth it to play against the AI?

I would say yes. Outside of the campaign, the skirmish generator is extremely nice and essentially has an infinite number of scenarios you can come up with and also has a random terrain generation. With that said though, don't fear the multiplayer in this -- you'll probably be surprised. This is a non-time intensive multiplayer that is essentially play by e-mail. You can sit down, play a turn, and be done with it until you have another chance to sit down. No need to go back and forth immediately.

I love these types of war games... Fields of Glory was another personal favorite recently released... Reminds me of when I used to trade chess turns over online chat. ;)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
sparky2112 said:
Question: if you're not really into multiplayer, is it worth it to play against the AI?

As the guys mentioned before me.

However, I am not that into multiplayer myself and I certainly dont like to play against strangers. And I am having a blast with the mp of FS.

You might find yourself in the same situation since its not the same feeling of mp, you arent "stuck" with strangers. They simply offer a different AI so to say. More options and ways you need to adapt to without the hassle of being a "mp" game except that you might wait a day for a turn.

But since you can have multiple games on at the same time, this isnt really an issue.

Balehead

Is it safe to create the account with an actually active e-mail? Afraid of spam, that's all. Can these messages be canceled etc?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Balehead said:
Is it safe to create the account with an actually active e-mail? Afraid of spam, that's all. Can these messages be canceled etc?

Yup, and you can toggle the mail notifications off.

I want to get this game, but I'm at work and won't be able to buy it before today's sales are over. If anyone has an extra copy and could gift it to me, I'll paypal $6.25 (I would prefer US based people so that neither of us have to pay fees).

If anyone could help me out, please quote this message and send me a pm.

Toma

Balehead said:
Thanks a bunch. Skipping tutorial and getting straight to action.

Brave decision.

Jenga

Banned
Balehead said:
Thanks a bunch. Skipping tutorial and getting straight to action.
I actually couldn't wrap my head around the game until I just said fuck it and played the campaign.

course the fact that it kept logging me off while i did tutorial helped made me give up on it, but whatever

ElyrionX

Ben652 said:
I send you the game as a gift, as soon as you click 'redeem' it will be registered to your account. I got all these valve games from the potato ARG. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I'd exchange my FS for your L4D2 but a quick Google tells me that the games in the Valve pack from the Potato ARG are not giftable so yeah.

Mimir

ElyrionX said:
I'd exchange my FS for your L4D2 but a quick Google tells me that the games in the Valve pack from the Potato ARG are not giftable so yeah.
Initially they weren't, but Valve added giftable versions later.

Madrical

Banned
Toma said:
Brave decision.
Pointless decision really. It's a 5-10 minute tutorial and it'll help indefinitely.

Picked it up during the sale, absolutely loving it. Took me about an hour to pass the first mission but after 5-6 attempts I really got the hang of it. Favourite moment so far was abusing the length of time it takes for a sniper to set up a shot by running past him behind a wall one turn, then popping round the other side of the wall and taking him out with a shotgun on the next turn. sogood.gif

Maxim726X

Okay, if someone has any copies left I'm still looking.

And if someone wants to buy the package but keep one, I'll pay you 6 for the other copy. PM me.

Lasthope106 said:
I want to get this game, but I'm at work and won't be able to buy it before today's sales are over. If anyone has an extra copy and could gift it to me, I'll paypal $6.25 (I would prefer US based people so that neither of us have to pay fees).

If anyone could help me out, please quote this message and send me a pm.

If you are still looking for a copy I'm looking for $6.25 or maybe a game from today's sale. I already have my copy so no worries about getting back to me immediately.

Ben652

ElyrionX said:

They definitely are giftable, but I'm afraid I've already traded with someone else anyway.

Toma

At this point you should just buy it and then sell your leftover whenever. I am sure there are loads of people currently not checking the thread, or deciding to buy it later anyway, even for 1$ more than the cheapest possible price.

Achtius

Can an on-board graphic card (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics) handle the game?

The site doesn't even say the minimum requirement (just even netbook can run it) :O

Top Bottom