• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sales: Frozen Synapse, strategy GOTY 2011 - 50% off

Is this game super complicated? I'd like a "play for a few minutes" kinda game if that's what this is... but I'm NOT looking for a something like Civ V.

Codeblue

Multiplayer is like that. You can have a couple of games going and just check back and take your turn every so often.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Baller said:
Is this game super complicated? I'd like a "play for a few minutes" kinda game if that's what this is... but I'm NOT looking for a something like Civ V.
it's infinitely deep in mechanics but each session can be even less of a commitment than farmville.

graywolf323

is the soundtrack worth it?

not really a big electronica listener but I do love Shatter's soundtrack

oh if someone wants to go in on a bundle shoot me a PM

Karram

I have an extra copy of Frozen Synapse. I'm willing to trade with Alpha Protocol since it's not available in my region. PM me if interested.

EDIT: I traded the extra copy with Htown for Alpha Protocol.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I can trade the Honest Hearts New Vegas DLC for a copy of FS, but that's all I got. It's a pretty lousy offer on my part. I'll have to snag it if it comes back in the recap sale.

Instro

I played a bit of the campaign earlier. Very nifty game, I also really like the music. Almost kind of regret not getting the version that came with the soundtrack.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll be giving away my extra copy of the game to toythatkills if he still needs it, so anybody looking to make a dent in that "want in" list should consider him scratched off.

TheBez

Looking to get a copy. Have the following games for trade.

Left 4 Dead
Defense Grid
Super Meat Boy
Cogs
Portal
Killing Floor

Just purchased a two-pack. If anyone wants the other copy and can paypal or wants to gift something cheap from tomorrow's sale I will be around my pc for the next ~15mins or I'll try again later in the morning.
(PM or reply)

Ben652

I'm really interested in this game. Is anyone willing to trade me their spare copy, I can offer almost any Valve game (HL2, ep1, ep2, L4D 1+2, Portal, TF2).

898 said:
Just purchased a two-pack. If anyone wants the other copy and can paypal or wants to gift something cheap from tomorrow's sale I will be around my pc for the next ~15mins or I'll try again later in the morning.
(PM or reply)

I'll take it, do you want any of those games?

Ben652 said:
I'm really interested in this game. Is anyone willing to trade me their spare copy, I can offer almost any Valve game (HL2, ep1, ep2, L4D 1+2, Portal, TF2).

Nope, I already have all of those. Are you on Steam now? ID:pjh898

TheBez

898 said:
(PM or reply)
Are you looking for any of the game on my list one post above yours?

Codeblue

Ben652 said:

TF2? It would be incredible if you could find someone to take you up on that.

In other news, I finally beat someone!

I do agree with the sentiment that rockets cheapen the intensity.

Snuggler said:
I can trade the Honest Hearts New Vegas DLC for a copy of FS, but that's all I got. It's a pretty lousy offer on my part. I'll have to snag it if it comes back in the recap sale.
You're a cool cat snuggler, if you haven't got a copy already ill send you my second one.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay finally got up and updated the OP lists.

Tell me if youre out!

kunu

I got my copy, you can remove me from the list.

This game is great; I love how easily you can jump from game to game.

Petrie

Banned
I guess I give up on Frozen Synapse, everyone I've tried to do a pack with has gotten a PM before me or found someone else to do it with. I really wanted to give it a go, but $13 is just too much to drop on one game with so many other less expensive choices. I guess there's always the Winter sale to look forward to. :( (If anyone does decide they're interested before morning, Steam ID is PetriesLastWord)

Repost just in case I can garner some sympathy and a partner for this even, as I've been trying since the first page.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Petrie said:
Repost just in case I can garner some sympathy and a partner for this even, as I've been trying since the first page.

Someone share with this guy please, if I remember correctly he even wanted to host. No idea how he got overlooked.

Yup:
Petrie said:
I'm also willing to go on either as a buyer or gifter

Ben652

Petrie said:

If your willing to host I'll do it with you. Do you want any of these games? HL2, ep1, ep2, L4D 1+2, Portal, TF2 or some combination. Or maybe I can gift you something?

dmcuqa.png

Yeaaaaaah. Go, Mode 7, GO!

Toma

Pylon_Trooper said:
Yeaaaaaah. Go, Mode 7, GO!

I didnt mean to steal the spotlight of your FS thread, Pylon :)

We'll go back to your thread immediately after the sale. A lot of new players that you need to add to the OT list ;)

And as an aside:
Could you twitter ask them about a game mode outside of the ranking to play with friends?
A few of my friends arent playing with me anymore, even though they'd like to because of the fear of losing points. This sucks so heavily.

I was trying to get into their forums for that, but for some reason I couldnt.

I mean if I get this many people to throw money in their direction (and 14.000 views up to now), asking doesnt hurt. pretty please? :)

Oh, man, you've been doing an amazing job with the OT. Admittedly, I've been a little busy since putting it up and have the occasional FS game here and there, so keep working that magic!

So, you're asking for a non-ranked multiplayer mode?

Hey GAF folks. I just picked up a 2 pack and have an extra copy of FS to dispose of.

If anyone is interested the deal that I would like best is if someone could buy me a game to trade at some other point during the Summer sale (I'll give you the FS copy now, so no waiting). I don't know what I want yet, but I'm sure that there will be something during the next week or so on sale that I'd be interested in. I'll only pick something $5 or less so you'll be paying less than half price for FS. Anyone interested? Just reply back here if you are so I see it and then PM me.

Toma

Pylon_Trooper said:
Oh, man, you've been doing an amazing job with the OT. Admittedly, I've been a little busy since putting it up and have the occasional FS game here and there, so keep working that magic!

Yeah, maybe only with friends though, as I can understand they want as many ranked matches as possible to keep the leaderboards alive.

mxgt

Banned
TheFightingFish said:
Hey GAF folks. I just picked up a 2 pack and have an extra copy of FS to dispose of.

If anyone is interested the deal that I would like best is if someone could buy me a game to trade at some other point during the Summer sale (I'll give you the FS copy now, so no waiting). I don't know what I want yet, but I'm sure that there will be something during the next week or so on sale that I'd be interested in. I'll only pick something $5 or less so you'll be paying less than half price for FS. Anyone interested? Just reply back here if you are so I see it and then PM me.

I'll take you up on that. Been looking at getting FS but didn't really want to pay for 2 copies.

Ledsen

Pylon_Trooper said:

I agree that would be cool. What I'd also love is a "re-match" button on the results screen, since I usually just want to jump into another game with the same person. Co-op of course but I'm guessing they know that :)

Toma

Ledsen said:
I agree that would be cool. What I'd also love is a "re-match" button on the results screen, since I usually just want to jump into another game with the same person. Co-op of course but I'm guessing they know that :)

Yup, they know about coop wishes. I also thought about that as well. To add coop would take quite a lot effort to integrate it properly. You'd need markers for example that you could put on the map for your coop partner so that you can tell him what you see or think is likely.

And a thousand things more. I am looking forward to it, but unranked matches are the top of my list for now because its more likely that this can be implemented somewhat soon.

Top Bottom