• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sales: Frozen Synapse, strategy GOTY 2011 - 50% off

I have a extra Frozen Synapse copy... i change it for a gift of Dwarfs! Send me a PM

Edit: Wow, that was fast. I got three PM in a few minutes.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Spirit of Jazz said:
Anybody up for some games? I'm SpiritOfJazz on UK1.

Edit: Also I'm terrible at it.
Heh, I just played you, I'm NameGen. How did I lose? Ran out of turns? I still had my 1 machine gunner.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Does anyone have a second copy of Frozen synapse? Drop me a PM, please.

NameGenerated said:
Heh, I just played you, I'm NameGen. How did I lose? Ran out of turns? I still had my 1 machine gunner.

Yeah, you only have 8 turns, in that mode at least. I hid away with my two remaining guys back to back when I was ahead.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ah, I Was so paranoid you were gonna attack me from both sides. I was just chilling in the rectangle at towards the top.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Htown said:
Does anyone have a second copy of Frozen synapse? Drop me a PM, please.

Get in line. >_> <_< >_>

Spirit of Jazz said:
I hid away with my two remaining guys back to back when I was ahead.

That seems like a cheese way to win. :/

TheSeks said:
That seems like a cheese way to win. :/

I think it gives you less points. Also cheese wins only exist in the minds of bad players.

Admittedly I'm a bad player but due to an utterly different reason.

ShaneB

After playing for a bit, I love it, but I worry that I love the concept, and that it's just a bit overwhelming when I want to turn my brain off and relax with a game.

oh dang i bought this only three days ago.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
im so bad at this. I keep getting creamed in the first campaign mission : /

yeah first one hurt me too, but it started to fall into place. my main problem was i kept leaving people "ducking" and then wondering why they wouldn't shoot when the enemies went past ..

TheSeks

Spirit of Jazz said:
I think it gives you less points. Also cheese wins only exist in the minds of bad players.

Admittedly I'm a bad player but due to an utterly different reason.

A wins a win, but I just find that to be a lame way to win. Like turtling for a time over in a fighting game. Just me, personally.

Also OP you can remove me from the list. Finally got through to a friend that was busy and sweet talked them into giving me a copy for free. So, yeah. Someone else can get a free copy if GAF is generous. >_>

KScorp

LiquidMetal14 said:
IF I BUY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO TRADE ME A GAME FOR THE EXTRA COPY?

Let's talk, first quote.

KScorp said:
I can offer one of the following Valve games for this, if anyone is interested: Portal 1, L4D1, HL2+Episodes (one of the three), CS:S, and TF2 (premium account). Really interested in this game.

Already offered these a few posts ago. >.> Now that I think about it, I can also give L4D2 if you want. :)

Draft

Mr_Appleby said:
oh dang i bought this only three days ago.

yeah first one hurt me too, but it started to fall into place. my main problem was i kept leaving people "ducking" and then wondering why they wouldn't shoot when the enemies went past ..
They don't automatically shoot when they're ducking?

There's been a few times some red man strolls right past my waiting green man and nary a shot was fired. Maybe that's why...

Watched the vid in the OP, and bought it immediately. Sent the copy to a buddy, hoping he likes this.

I was intrigued when it first came out, but never really bothered to find out what the game really is about.

KScorp

Thank you LiquidMetal14, time to have a hell of a lot of fun with this. :D

To OP: Remove me from the list, thanks.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
KScorp said:
Thank you LiquidMetal14, time to have a hell of a lot of fun with this. :D

To OP: Remove me from the list, thanks.
Thank you and sorry arresteddevelopment. I'm sure things will work out with someone for the game you want :)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Wish there was a demo of this. It sounds neat, but I wanna see for myself, just to make sure it's something I could get into. :/

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Draft said:
They don't automatically shoot when they're ducking?

There's been a few times some red man strolls right past my waiting green man and nary a shot was fired. Maybe that's why...
yeah they do, unless there's a Chest High Wall betwixt you and your foe.

there is however a significant delay on the assault rifle to balance its range, so if you're only getting a glimpse of your quarry, your idiot m4 wielding jobsworth will resist pulling the trigger until his slow mechanisms have fully processed the situation. this also ensures that regardless of positioning, at close quarters a shotgun will always reign supreme.

TheSeks

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Wish there was a demo of this. It sounds neat, but I wanna see for myself, just to make sure it's something I could get into. :/

It's kinda like a time-line civilization shooter. I'm enjoying it, slightly more complex than it needs to be with the mouse, but still neat. For $12.49, you can't really go wrong.

See if you can get a friend to go in half-and-half with you since you do get a second copy to gift to a friend.

I can't recommend this enough, it's a neat little "shooter"/turn-based shooter.

Kryptonic

Kryptonic said:
If anybody has an extra copy I can paypal $6.25 or I can buy the pack and you can paypal me.

I'm going to buy the 2pack. Does anybody want to paypal me the $6.25 for the extra copy?

/edit
Extra copy is gone.
Thanks d[-_-]b

jgkspsx

Anybody want to go halfsies? PM me. I'd like the soundtrack, so I'd be happy to be the primary purchaser...

EDIT: Gone!

RyanDG

Linkzg said:
I think I prefer playing without explosive weapons. It gets more intense.

I agree here. Great game, but I'm not a huge fan of the rocket launcher. Prefer machine guns and the shotguns.

Top Bottom