• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

Finally found something to spend GMG credit on and grabbed Sanic Racing Transfarmed for 5 dollas w/ credit..

EVERYBODY'S SUPER SANIC RACING TRY TO KEEP UR FEET RIGHT ON THE GROUND
WHEN YOU'RE SUPER SANIC RACING THERE'S NO TIME TO LOOK AROUND!!!!!

Me too. Looking forward to trying it out. Been holding back from more Steam purchases right now, but hey, GMG credit isn't cheating, right?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunpoint -- MB-778DC2E2E950A861 - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.

t1410383983z1.png

Chariot

I've had a few people report issues like yours this morning where it suddenly stops working then after restarting their browser it works again. I'm pretty certain it's a Chrome / Windows issue, most likely due to an update. Also I would say that for $2B I would be more than happy to make Enhanced GFWL.
:(
I didn't restart the browser. I just refreshed a few times over a timespan of ten minutes and at some point it just worked again. It never happened before, I have Win8/Chrome.

--

Where do you guys watch reviews? I love to watch Angry Joe reviews, but I really don't know any other source I would trust and Joe of course don't has the time to review everything that would interest me. So looking for other sources now to stay informed and entertained.

Tellaerin

Thanks! ^___^

Yep... it's a game inspired to PC Engine / Megadrive / etc.. shmups.

I'm developing it veeeery slowly since it's not my main work.
By the way, if you're interested in trying a one level demo please let me know via PM!

Speaking as a big fan of oldschool shmups, I really like the look of that. Getting a sort of Toaplan vibe from the visuals - the first thing I thought of when I saw the screens was Vimana. Please keep us updated on your progress!

Enhanced Steam is working for me, but Youtube Center just crapped out big time.

I reluctantly ditched YouTube Center last week after having problems following Youtube's latest batch of "improvements".

I've had a few people report issues like yours this morning where it suddenly stops working then after restarting their browser it works again. I'm pretty certain it's a Chrome / Windows issue, most likely due to an update. Also I would say that for $2B I would be more than happy to make Enhanced GFWL.
:(

That's weird - I've been testing Enhanced Steam with the 64 bit dev builds of Chrome for the last few months and haven't run into any issues so far. I tested it just now in the "stable" 64 bit Windows build of Chrome and all appears to be working normally. Do you have the most recent version of Enhanced Steam? Also you can try these directions.

It's borked for me too using Comodo Dragon (Chrome variant; non-64-bit), though Pale Moon (Firefox) is still working fine. I have updates for both it and Windows set to manual only, so it isn't those. The most obvious change was last night's Tuesday maintenance...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's borked for me too using Comodo Dragon (Chrome variant; non-64-bit). I have updates for both it and Windows set to manual only, so it isn't those. The most obvious change was last night's Tuesday maintenance...

That'd be pretty strange too though, unless they were serving up a different version of the page to only a small number of users (those having problems).

Can you load up a page where Enhanced Steam should be working, but isn't, then open the developer console (in Chrome, this is F12 then click on "console") and let me know if there are any error messages there? Feel free to PM me.

Nete

Oh my, I'm feeling so lost on Prison Architect. Is that Dwarf Fortress n00b feeling all over again. At least this time there is a decent UI :p

Time to look for some guides!

That'd be pretty strange too though, unless they were serving up a different version of the page to only a small number of users (those having problems).

Can you load up a page where Enhanced Steam should be working, but isn't, then open the developer console (in Chrome, this is F12 then click on "console") and let me know if there are any error messages there? Feel free to PM me.

This is what it says on the store page for the Banner Saga, if that's any help:

Enhanced Steam v6.6 by jshackles http://www.enhancedsteam.com enhancedsteam.js:5
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null enhancedsteam.js:18
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

Ricker

So if I love SRPG,The Banner Saga is a no brainer right...? especially at 10 bucks like it is now...?... is normal hard....? really tempted to buy it even though I have tons of other stuff to play.

Humble leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-13A7D4FB9FA00F3A - Taken by Patison
Warlock - Master of the Arcane -- MB-ADDCF40113808C05

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is what it says on the store page for the Banner Saga, if that's any help:

It seems that in yesterday's maintenance, Steam broke their "Steam_Language" cookie functionality. *sigh*

You should be able to fix Enhanced Steam by changing your language to something else, then changing it back which should create the cookie that Enhanced Steam is looking for.

Chariot

So if I love SRPG,The Banner Saga is a no brainer right...? especially at 10 bucks like it is now...?... is normal hard....? really tempted to buy it even though I have tons of other stuff to play.
Yes.
YES.
No, not really, only the last fight get's an sudden surge in difficulty, so be prepared for that.
Do it, it's awesome.

Nete

Do it.
image.php

The combat is the weakest link of the game tho. Is not bad, but it lacks some diversity in the long run and can feel kinda repetitive.

Rest of the game is just GREAT.

Dr Dogg

Yeah I don't get the love for Sonic Generations. It's alright but Sonic has had it's day a long, long time ago. This is really for the hardcore Sonic fans, well half of it anyway. Retro Sonic and his levels perfectly capture the MegaDrive/Genesis games with a great looking update to 3D and more importantly keep the sense of flow and speed intact. Modern Sonic with his band of talking monstrosities really are some of the worst choices this series has made but the levels are just dull and uninspired. A few if them it felt like the game was on rails and the others I didn't have a clue where I was going half the time. I guess I'm just a monster but All-Stars Racing Transformed is the best Sonic game in years despite being a kart racer.

Dario on here has done some cracking mods for Generations that folks who like it should really check out.

Chariot

Do it.
image.php

The combat is the weakest link of the game tho. Is not bad, but it lacks some diversity in the long run and can feel kinda repetitive.

Rest of the game is just GREAT.
The game isn't too long, so it never felt too repetitive for me. But I agree that it could've used some more tweaks like giving the ability to develop characters more than in stats. Like giving different paths of new skills they could take. Maybe they introduce something like that in the next one (hope).

Darkest Dungeon Pax Gameplay. Turn based hardcore roguelike Early Access late 2014, release early 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-93DwbVSmA
Awww yiss. I backed the EA pledge. Looking forward to play it.
Footage looks very fine.

Gvaz

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Edge of Space #9 -- MB-7A3E2E58A49ECB75 - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #8 -- MB-919212697768C93E - Taken by hitoshi
Edge of Space #3 -- MB-F056A69734F83423 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #2 -- MB-B44ABD8F9037A92C - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.

Edge of Space #5 -- MB-567C2F2C5A8DC379 - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #4 -- MB-6E783E022462C3B9 - Taken by jediyoshi. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #7 -- MB-5FC98B153733E94E - Taken by Random Painted HIghway. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #6 -- MB-C9336CB86D3519BD - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #20 -- MB-5F94C879B16922B0 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #21 -- MB-59FA62D687DE89FE
Edge of Space #22 -- MB-CE706C7A20DE13D1 - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #23 -- MB-50C68E599B7C3E46 - Taken by theMrCravens. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #24 -- MB-A6DF7AAD276702D4 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #25 -- MB-CF5B8677F001ED1D - Taken by Hero Prinny. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #26 -- MB-ED6F98C748D41163 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #27 -- MB-D3FD714881E104D2 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #28 -- MB-2AB48A112DBBD6E3 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #29 -- MB-E6285ACCB57910FF - Taken by EmergentFocus. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #14 -- MB-8AA5DB1D1E064833 - Taken by Vastag. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #19 -- MB-20E79DA375555C4A - Taken by legacyzero. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #18 -- MB-F9438A9AE546FF0E - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #11 -- MB-61D8CDA0B290583C - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #10 -- MB-8C183879D92BE44F - Taken by BernardoOne
Edge of Space #13 -- MB-90AB043443321F35 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #12 -- MB-3BDD6FF306E801AB - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #15 -- MB-8B7649E55031C60C - Taken by Snakethesniper. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space -- MB-F8FD05F3E2C2F2D1 - Taken by Wok. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #17 -- MB-824BE944FA570457 - Taken by Nzyme32. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #16 -- MB-A378A649FB63B2D4 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.

t1410213697z1.png

Please keep in mind:

These are not keys for the actual game. These are 50% off coupons

The developers printed off way too much at PAX Prime 2014 and were going to throw them away, so as a gift from an Enforcer to GAF, I'm giving them away.

Learn more here:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/edge-of-space-early-access-review/1100-6418590/

Four left, someone take these four so I can go ahead and dump the lot of what I have left.

Tizoc

From the guy with the Sonic avatar...

For one of the best Sonic games in recent years? $5 is a steal.

...but what if it goes for $3.74 on Steam in a few weeks?!

$4.99 seems about right. The game falls apart after the first few levels, and the boss fights are dreadful.

I want it for the SOnic Unleashed mod actually.

Eff it gonna grab it before goint to work tomorrow..if I remember >_>;

It seems that in yesterday's maintenance, Steam broke their "Steam_Language" cookie functionality. *sigh*

You should be able to fix Enhanced Steam by changing your language to something else, then changing it back which should create the cookie that Enhanced Steam is looking for.

Confirmed - that appears to sort things out! :)

Hinomura

Speaking as a big fan of oldschool shmups, I really like the look of that. Getting a sort of Toaplan vibe from the visuals - the first thing I thought of when I saw the screens was Vimana. Please keep us updated on your progress!

Thank you! I'll keep you updated ^___^

Ryne

I love the kickstarter gifs

Those are great looking. From the video posted by Grief, it looks like a game I would love to play.

I should keep more of an eye on kickstarter, some nice indie games on there are right up my alley. I'm still really mad I missed out on helping fund Chasm.

iosefe

language thing worked except for one little issue. Steam thinks my main language is French is has that annoying red bar

jshackles

language thing worked except for one little issue. Steam thinks my main language is French is has that annoying red bar

You can change this back to English in the options.

V4r7LVd.png

...but what if it goes for $3.74 on Steam in a few weeks?!

I want it for the SOnic Unleashed mod actually.

Eff it gonna grab it before goint to work tomorrow..if I remember >_>;

GMG credit?
It's only $1.25?
Support SEGA so they bring more games to PC?

--

Anyone in here decent at Abyss Odyssey? I'm thinking I might want a partner to take a crack at Nightmare mode with me...

Tizoc

GMG credit?
It's only $1.25?
Support SEGA so they bring more games to PC?

--

Anyone in here decent at Abyss Odyssey? I'm thinking I might want a partner to take a crack at Nightmare mode with me...

Huh? It's 7.49 without the code, the DLC is close to that price ^^;

Tenrius

I seem to be one of the few people who enjoyed The 39 Steps. A pity the developer's website hasn't been updated since December 20, 2013, they promised more book adaptations and don't seem to be intending to deliver on that promise. Oh well.

Even though he's banned Gravelord_Nito would be your man for that.

Gravelord_Nito got banned? Damn. Hopefully it's not permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom