• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accoun

Wasn't this released years ago? Maybe it was something different, but F2P Fear online only game.

F.E.A.R. Combat, as I've mentioned. That was before the whole f2p thing and was just the multiplayer mode released for free some time after the game came out.

_hekk05

Banned
Bought a pax badge for 45 bucks from a scalper, ran amok in pax for 2.5 hrs before I had to go to the airport.

Met Paz
6cgXM9Q.jpg

Bonus

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
With it's dying breath, the giveaway gets up one last time, swings wildly. It may come back up. You may need to burn it.

Congrats to the winner of Evil Within!

MRORANGE

Two more review got added to the OP by More_Badass

Re-posted here:

The Masterplan
- More_Badass
"The Masterplan is set in the 70s, the era of The Getaway and Dog Day Afternoon, of cunning thieves and daring heists. From a
top-down perspective, you control a group of crooks in typical tactical game fashion (set waypoints, select actions, pause and queue
commands) as you plan out and conduct increasingly complex robberies. Pick locks, hold up customers, watch for cops, go in guns
blazing or be methodical and precise; a wealth of tactics are at your disposal in The Masterplan."

Roundabout
- More_Badass
"Kuru Kuru Kururin meets Tony Hawk. That's probably the best way to describe Roundabout. Across this wild and zany open world, you
guide a revolving limousine through the maze-like streets and other obstacle-laden areas as you chauffeur passengers, perform tricks,
unlock new skills; live action cutscenes bring the story and world of Roundabout to life."

MRORANGE

PS: Thanks for all the nice comments, first day at new job went okay, gonna be hectic but I think I gelled with the team today.

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for October (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in October Send me a PM to request.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 29th September

Games / Gaffers:

Farming Simulator - BinaryPork2737
The Evil Within - Hugstable

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

I wish people would give away good, interesting games like the Void instead of supporting shitty developers like the ones behind Bad Rats.

Nzyme32

Re-posted here:

Roundabout
- More_Badass
"Kuru Kuru Kururin meets Tony Hawk. That's probably the best way to describe Roundabout. Across this wild and zany open world, you
guide a revolving limousine through the maze-like streets and other obstacle-laden areas as you chauffeur passengers, perform tricks,
unlock new skills; live action cutscenes bring the story and world of Roundabout to life."

No way! It actually is pretty much Kuru Kuru Kururin! I used to love that thing. Will definitely check it out as long as it can be equally as challenging

diablogod

Just in case anyone else was having stuttering / audio issues with Metro 2033 Redux Lord British confirmed this fix worked for him as well, sorry to repost again but it took me a few hours to find this information, hopefully it helps more of you:

I was getting some stuttering and audio crackles / pops. What fixed it for me believe it or not was this taken from Sir Floppenstein from the Metro 2033 Redux Steam Technical thread:

"This sounds a lot like what I had going on with my FX-6300 @ 4.4 GHz and an R9 280X.
I found that If I quickly closed steam right after launching game, the wrecked metro car in the title screen vanishes and the stutter was heavily reduced but was still not quite as smooth as it should be. Then some righteous dude told me about unparking my cores using ParkControl https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/ I just changed the two options on the left to disabled and now the stutter is gone and the game is smooth."

I did exactly what he did and my issues were solved.... Hopefully it helps with your issue.

Also the unparking cores thing is interesting I had never heard of it until yesterday...

Vazduh

Re-posted here:

The Masterplan
- More_Badass
"The Masterplan is set in the 70s, the era of The Getaway and Dog Day Afternoon, of cunning thieves and daring heists. From a
top-down perspective, you control a group of crooks in typical tactical game fashion (set waypoints, select actions, pause and queue
commands) as you plan out and conduct increasingly complex robberies. Pick locks, hold up customers, watch for cops, go in guns
blazing or be methodical and precise; a wealth of tactics are at your disposal in The Masterplan."

Whoa, this looks good, I'm going to have to check it out.

Nzyme32

There's a King of Fighters MOBA.

That's a fighting game made into MOBA.

MOBApocalypse is upon us.

I really want this to work, but I'm not sure how it will. Still I don't mind people trying this stuff out. Maybe, just maybe, someone will really make something great

Yeah Warner Bros licensed out FEAR tech (the Litchtech engine), characters etc to a korean company who is making an online shooter with it.

It looks nothing like a FEAR game of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_hfGg4D5-U

Ah well that explains it then. I do have an urge for the original's gun play and slow mo that felt amazing, but I doubt this will be it...

This is OT but who is your avatar btw?

German comedian Martina Hill. Her faces tickles me:

Nabs

This reminds me of maths and chemistry for some reason *shudders* I carefully wishlisted it.

It's basically a good version of Minesweeper.

My bad congrats to him.
I had avatars disabled on mobile.
Should have checked back before I said anything.

Avatars are my number 1 way of identifying people.

Word. I used to change avatars daily until I had trouble keeping track of my own posts.

Nzyme32

More people need to buy this, it's not even under the 100 Topsellers! Best puzzle game I've ever played.

I bought it straight away. The original Hexcells was too easy, the second one really got it going with some great challenge that was all logically solvable but damn tricky later on. So far the new one is doing excellently. Same difficulty curve as the second, but the infinity mode I have yet to try, is basically a random generator for making new puzzles.

Monooboe

As much as I love being able to pre-load games, it still is quite frustrating having it sitting there and not being able to play.^^; Looking at you Dead Rising 3!

When it happened to me last time, booster pack reappeared days later. Usually it takes minutes or hours, as I found out on steam boards. It's just a bug.
Fair enough. I'm not really fussed about that particular item disappearing. If it comes back, great, I'm just more concerned that things go missing at all. Losing things like games in your inventory would be pretty crap.

epmode

More people need to buy this, it's not even under the 100 Topsellers! Best puzzle game I've ever played.

Hexcells is awesome. Some RPS editor was raving about it a while back and I wound up liking it a lot. I'm glad there's finally a random level creator! I just hope your next move never requires guessing.

Helmholtz

The D-pad is hugely improved, but for me I feel like the controller fits my hands a lot better than the 360 controller. The back of the controller is flush, unlike the wireless 360 controller that has that weird bump in the back where the battery pack is. The analog sticks are also greatly improved and much more "grippy".

Overall I'd say I recommend it.
Ah, okay. I actually have a wired 360 controller, so it's flush too. I've loved this controller, but one of my analogs is getting worn out, so I guess when I eventually replace it I'll look into the xbone controller. The d-pad on the 360 one does kinda suck.

Roundabout
- More_Badass

Whoa, FMV games are making a comeback!

So how many teenage boys you figure are gonna buy this for that chauffeur? (Chauffeuse?)

MRORANGE

Good stuff More_Badass!

also MRO I really like the user reviews in the OP, nice addition.

Thanks!

The whole focus of gaf recommendations worked out really well, better than I thought it would. A huge huge thanks to people who continually help with these recommendations, really helped the OP stay relevant and interesting again.

I was playing Risen 3 and came across a guy who suffers from anatidaephobia :D. Man, this game is really starting to grow on me.

Although there's one thing that occurred to me that prospective buyers should keep in mind. They had this offer where you could get an outfit (armor) and a couple of islands free if you pre-ordered the game. Now those islands are being sold separately at $5 a piece and the outfit for $2 as DLC. The thing is, these are significant pieces of content. In 25 hours of playing the game (at least half way through), I haven't found a better set of armor for my character. Likewise, the two islands take hours to complete and give you a lot of experience and resources.

The point I'm making is that these are not the usual pre-order bonus missions we see these days that take 15 minutes to complete and are almost entirely meaningless in the context of the full game. It's possible this game is balanced around the player having this content available to them. In other words, I would probably consider this essential content for the game so if anyone is thinking of ever getting it, you should factor that in.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, I've never heard of Martina Hill =/

Currently playing Thief Gold, and man for a game that is 15 years old, it holds up really well! Is already faaar more interesting than Thiaf ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom