• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

One of my favourite parts about Hexcells is the sound. The ambient music and sound when you clear a tile is incredible. I played Infinite earlier and the sounds when I started the first level just made me grin.

Turfster

Currently playing Thief Gold, and man for a game that is 15 years old, it holds up really well! Is already faaar more interesting than Thiaf ;)

OG Thief still holds up really well.
Some of the maps are kind of a pain, which got streamlined in the sequel, but man...

Porcupine

I bought it straight away. The original Hexcells was too easy, the second one really got it going with some great challenge that was all logically solvable but damn tricky later on. So far the new one is doing excellently. Same difficulty curve as the second, but the infinity mode I have yet to try, is basically a random generator for making new puzzles.

Hexcell Infinite will get even harder, I'm in World 4 and I'm really getting problems, and I perfected Hexcells 1 and 2 ;)

EDIT: Great to see so many Hexcells-Fans =) If I wasn't a Junior Member I would even make a thread about the series ;)

Miguel81

Yeah, I've never heard of Martina Hill =/

Currently playing Thief Gold, and man for a game that is 15 years old, it holds up really well! Is already faaar more interesting than Thiaf ;)

"It's a long way down". I loved that actor's delivery, and I can't wait till I play through Metal Age.

Divius

Thanks!

The whole focus of gaf recommendations worked out really well, better than I thought it would. A huge huge thanks to people who continually help with these recommendations, really helped the OP stay relevant and interesting again.
YOUR OPs WERE ALWAYS RELEVANT AND INTERESTING <3

epmode

One of my favourite parts about Hexcells is the sound. The ambient music and sound when you clear a tile is incredible. I played Infinite earlier and the sounds when I started the first level just made me grin.

Yes.

Let's make the Hexcells guy rich, GAF.

Shadownet

Banned
German comedian Martina Hill. Her faces tickles me:

She reminds me a lot of Jennifer Morrison
jennifermorrisonhairstyles_longcurlyhairstyle.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
i think i will buy the three Ys games that are avaible on steam , in what order should i play them?

There are four Ys games on Steam.

I asked this exact question to y friend, and he answered me:

1, 2, felghana, origins

That's the proper order, but if you're new to the series and you want to know what to expect from all the games, the better one is 3 (there has been a lot of Ys talk on my twitter feed thanks to the Playstation Announcement and that seems to be the consensus)

Also, wait for a sale. They were part of multiple sales/humble bundles already.

Alien8

A nice trials clone. First come, first served...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Alien8, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-3C21B80FA6914388 - Taken by drizzle

Hugstable

Banned
i think i will buy the three Ys games that are avaible on steam , in what order should i play them?

Play Oath now! Most will suggest 1+2 since they are the start of the series, but if you want to be wowed right off the bat and fall instantly in love with yS, definitely start off with Oath. You will think the game is boring for like 20 minutes, then you start fighting... and the game becomes 100% more awesome

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep. Especially if you choose the paths that seem like bad ideas in general on a second or third playthrough just to see how creepy things can get, like (Heavy Rain spoilers)
taking a drink from a creepy doctor and ending up drugged, tied down on an operating table, and about to be brutally murdered with a drill for reasons

Well, at least I'm not the only one that uses that example :p
yea. not my favorite moment in the game for sure

maybe it's negative bias but i feel like i'm constantly being sexually assaulted in his games whenever the main character's female

The perfect gift for zkylon.
one step ahead of ya bitch

i didn't bother buying last light

Foxyone

This question isn't directly related to Steam (and I didn't think it required a new thread), but do alternative marketplaces tend to have vouchers to get discounts on games even for day 1 / pre-purchases? There's a site that keeps track of PC deals that tends to list ~20% vouchers every now and again for games on other well-known marketplaces, but it seems a little too nice to believe. Is it?

Gah, I have this weird relationship with stealth games. Currently playing through Dishonoured, and while I enjoy playing these types of games, I always end up being so careful when playing them, constantly quick saving and such before actually taking any risks. Same with when I played Deus Ex. Of course, since the game offers me the quick save/load feature, it's clear that I'm free to play it in this way, but I guess I can't help being a coward in these games haha.

zkylon

zkylewd
I had a blast last weekend with the last DLC of Dark Souls 2.

Truly challenging, gorgeous areas, mean bosses and I got a nice helmet out of the whole thing.

lol that's hilarious

makes sense since you got pig shield in iron keep

i'm not liking the dlc too much but mostly again because i'm on ng+++ and everything's super hard and i'm not practiced enough

WreakHavoc

Neo Member
lol. That must be the old-school Don Juan Helmet.

Curious what GAF thinks of Dark Souls 2 relative to DS1 if I were only to play 1? I mean obviously the online for 1 is pretty dead but my friends have mentioned that it has a bit more spit and polish in terms of design.

There are four Ys games on Steam.

I asked this exact question to y friend, and he answered me:

That's the proper order, but if you're new to the series and you want to know what to expect from all the games, the better one is 3 (there has been a lot of Ys talk on my twitter feed thanks to the Playstation Announcement and that seems to be the consensus)

Also, wait for a sale. They were part of multiple sales/humble bundles already.
Play Oath now! Most will suggest 1+2 since they are the start of the series, but if you want to be wowed right off the bat and fall instantly in love with yS, definitely start off with Oath. You will think the game is boring for like 20 minutes, then you start fighting... and the game becomes 100% more awesome
Ys I&II, Felghana, and then Origins. BTW, The first one is very tough if you decide to play it on Nightmare.
thanks for the information , also i guess i can wait for a sale , what has been the lowest price that those games have had ???

AHA-Lambda

Curious what GAF thinks of Dark Souls 2 relative to DS1 if I were only to play 1? I mean obviously the online for 1 is pretty dead but my friends have mentioned that it has a bit more spit and polish in terms of design.

I think you'll see most people recommend DS1 over 2, but both are worth playing.

Enco

My new GOTY games:

1. Wolfenstein TNO
2. TWD2
3. PvZ Garden Warfare

Keeps changing :lol

MGR and Transistor have been bumped.

Jawmuncher

My new GOTY games:

1. Wolfenstein TNO
2. TWD2
3. PvZ Garden Warfare

The issue I have is everything I have played I don't really deem worthy of that title.
Transistor has been the only thing really and it would still be low level to what I consider a GOTY.

iosefe

Alrighty!

here's the story....

Two of these entries are praised for their soundtrack. the other entry is Bad Rats. Are you feeling lucky?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-5D3370353266A9A1 - Taken by pupo. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-28B194A4B8C4BF3F - Taken by Yrael. 16 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-FCCF72B633D01853 - Taken by BernardoOne. 8 entrants total.

t1409618857z1.png

Enco

The issue I have is everything I have played I don't really deem worthy of that title.
Transistor has been the only thing really and it would still be low level to what I consider a GOTY.
I just use GOTY as an easy way of saying the games I've had most fun with.

Wolfenstein is one of the best experiences I've had in a long time though and I genuinely think it deserves the GOTY title.

WreakHavoc

Neo Member
My new GOTY games:

1. Wolfenstein TNO
2. TWD2
3. PvZ Garden Warfare

What makes Wolfenstein TNO stand above other FPS? I'm pretty curious that you would have it so high given that it has relatively little buzz around it.

I just finished Shovel Knight. Wow, that ending was phenomenal. It's really hard picking between that and Freedom Planet as GOTY currently, but they certainly are 1-2 right now.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
thanks for the information , also i guess i can wait for a sale , what has been the lowest price that those games have had ???

You should install Enhanced Steam and find out yourself: It answers all the questions you have for every game, as long as you browse to the game on your browser.

It says which bundles it's been a part of, what's the currently cheapest price for said game, in which store, and what was the lowest price ever.

I'm not answering your questions because I don't want to go to the games pages and just copy/paste the information to you. I thought it would be more useful to teach you how to find that information easily.

Enco

What makes Wolfenstein TNO stand above other FPS? I'm pretty curious that you would have it so high given that it has relatively little buzz around it.
Glad you asked

1. You get to visit many different locations. It's exciting to see all the cool places the game takes you
2. The story is interesting
3. The music is awesome
4. The gunplay is really fun. Pistol headshots feel amazing
5. The pacing is good. One or two moments kinda dragged but the game made up for it
6. Lots of awesome set pieces/moments
7. Can't think of any cliches. It felt really refreshing

Generally don't get into FPS games but Wolfenstein came out of nowhere and was a really fun experience. I remember a lot of the characters and a lot of the missions and doubt I'll forget.

The best parts are how refreshing it is and all the cool areas.

Check out this GAF thread for loads more impressions.

iseI5Q3ImTq1s.gif

You should install Enhanced Steam and find out yourself: It answers all the questions you have for every game, as long as you browse to the game on your browser.

It says which bundles it's been a part of, what's the currently cheapest price for said game, in which store, and what was the lowest price ever.

I'm not answering your questions because I don't want to go to the games pages and just copy/paste the information to you. I thought it would be more useful to teach you how to find that information easily.

aaaaand installed , thank you sir

Jawmuncher

I just use GOTY as an easy way of saying the games I've had most fun with.

Wolfenstein is one of the best experiences I've had in a long time though and I genuinely think it deserves the GOTY title.

Guess that makes sense. Wolf probably won't make my list though. Was really excited for it but didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

:(

Nice you guys hate on folks who win big giveaways. Stay classy SteamGaf

Hey man I apologized lol. I just didn't know you since I had avatars disabled.

r3n4ud posts here all the time... maybe I notice him more because I always recognise his Theme Hospital avatar.

That's how I always recognize him. So when I didn't have that I just forgot. Ill remember now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom