• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you asked

1. You get to visit many different locations. It's exciting to see all the cool places the game takes you
2. The story is interesting
3. The music is awesome
4. The gunplay is really fun. Pistol headshots feel amazing
5. The pacing is good. One or two moments kinda dragged but the game made up for it
6. Lots of awesome set pieces/moments
7. Can't think of any cliches. It felt really refreshing

Generally don't get into FPS games but Wolfenstein came out of nowhere and was a really fun experience. I remember a lot of the characters and a lot of the missions and doubt I'll forget.

The best parts are how refreshing it is and all the cool areas.

Yep it's my top game this year too, breath of Nazi killing fresh air in the shooter genre, and has a lot more depth than people think a Wolfenstein game would have.

Enco

Yep it's my top game this year too, breath of Nazi killing fresh air in the shooter genre, and has a lot more depth than people think a Wolfenstein game would have.
Location spoilers (don't click if you haven't finished the game. It'll ruin the surprise).

One issue I had is that they didn't get the most out of the space location. They could have made it so much cooler. Seeing more of the journey would have been nice too.

Ozium

My bad congrats to him.
I had avatars disabled on mobile.
Should have checked back before I said anything.

Avatars are my number 1 way of identifying people.

ibdKVl3qvMTZ0W.gif

Curious what GAF thinks of Dark Souls 2 relative to DS1 if I were only to play 1? I mean obviously the online for 1 is pretty dead but my friends have mentioned that it has a bit more spit and polish in terms of design.

DS1 has a better gameworld and lore
DS2 has better gameplay.

Both are totally worth it.

Location spoilers (don't click if you haven't finished the game. It'll ruin the surprise).

One issue I had is that they didn't get the most out of the space location. They could have made it so much cooler. Seeing more of the journey would have been nice too.

Yeah I agree, it was such a cool setting.
Some more stuff on the surface of the Moon would have been awesome.

Ronik

I'm playing Divinity II: Developer's Cut and I like it a lot. Is Divinity: OS similar?

The writing style is pretty much the same (it takes place several thousand years before Div2, though), gameplay-wise it's completely different. Divinity OS is closer to Ultima VII or Fallout 1/2.

The writing style is pretty much the same (it takes place several thousand years before Div2, though), gameplay-wise it's completely different. Divinity OS is closer to Ultima VII or Fallout 1/2.

Whereas Divinity II is more like an action-esque Skyrim type RPG? That's how it comes off to me. In that case, I can get behind that.

Completely different in terms of gameplay, but I'd argue that OS is the better game. If you like the story/writing - they're similar. The Soundtrack was also composed by the same guy

Yeah the writing is really great. A great mix of normal fantasy and Discworld-ish elements.

Monooboe

My new GOTY games:

1. Wolfenstein TNO
2. TWD2
3. PvZ Garden Warfare

Keeps changing :lol

MGR and Transistor have been bumped.

Agree on the Wolfenstein, my current first place on the GOTY list. Followed by Divinity, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls and I want to include Mundered: Soul Suspect.

Uzzy

I'm playing through Walking Dead Season 2, and even though I went in expecting the 'choices' to mean next to nothing, I'm still disappointed when that happens. At least the story's good so far (I just finished episode 2)

Volimar

I'm playing through Walking Dead Season 2, and even though I went in expecting the 'choices' to mean next to nothing, I'm still disappointed when that happens. At least the story's good so far (I just finished episode 2)

My favorite is
when "John Doe will remember this" minutes before John Doe dies.

Deitus

There are people on GAF whose names I remember, but mostly from seeing the name associated with the same avatar (or very similar avatars for people who have a theme) over a long period of time, and a handful of people who I have directly interacted with frequently.

People who change their avatars on a weekly basis, I'm sorry to say I probably have no idea who you are. I wish I were better with names (I'm not good with names or faces in real life), but I do much better with avatars.

My favorite is
when "John Doe will remember this" minutes before John Doe dies.

I don't know why they even have that feature. If you are playing to experience the story (and not caring about how much your choices matter), then a popup telling you "that was an important choice you just made that will impact the way the story plays out" is so immersion breaking. And if you are actually paying attention to how your choices impact the story, it just reinforces how much they really, really don't impact anything at all.

Ronik

Whereas Divinity II is more like an action-esque Skyrim type RPG? That's how it comes off to me. In that case, I can get behind that.

Exactly, yeah. DivOS is the game Larian really wanted to make, but no publishers wanted to fund a turn-based RPG. They might be regretting that now that DivOS came out and became Larian's fastest selling game ever.

iosefe

You member scrubs need to upgrade to tags.

this is hard, man! i mean, just yesterday when we were talking about pinball games, and The Pinball Arcade came up and i was like, "I love me some Black Hole." no one caught the innunendo about that that table's name, and it might have been a funny tag.

or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom