• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone needs to make a Lightning Hype Shinkansen (bullet train).

Raitoningu Haipu Torein!!!

I'm about to reach game 1,000 in my account and I fear FFXIII is going to be the one...

In before the "Just do it" replies.

funny coincidence, I too am about to reach a 1000 in my account...

...the saddest of the 1000s tho. #yolo #noregrets #lalalaIcanthearyou #whale

funny coincidence, I too am about to reach a 1000 in my account...

...the saddest of the 1000s tho. #yolo #noregrets #lalalaIcanthearyou #whale

I'm torn between all the "DON'T" warnings and the "DO IT/yolo/420noscopeblazeitscrub" option...

I mean, my 1,000 game could be this or could be... The Evil Within. And I'm tempted to have someone at GAF put a safebox with barbed wire in my avatar to "evilize" it.

Decisions, decisions...

edit: JEEZ, it's Top #1 on Steam!? It has dethroned DayZ, Counter-Strike, everything.

MUnited83

For you.
While all that is true, it assumes it has no effect on console sales which I don't believe would be the case. A higher console price plus marketing support is still going to be attractive to publishers and losing that to pc is the risk. A sale is not just a sale and not all sales are equal.

Then when you consider trading will get easier and easier and more automated, it is only going to end in one way.

You are really overestimating the reach of trading.

No, it's not going to have any visible effects on the console sales. The effect on PC software sales is already pretty small, on consoles it's basically a non-factor.

Trading getting easier? I don't think so, there's barely anything that would make it easier.

Publishers also have many tools to region lock their games if they so please.

I have no interest in Final Fantasy XIII, but I did try Final Fantasy IV eight or nine years ago on Game Boy Advance. I gave up at the Ant Lion boss.

As weird as it feels for me to say it, I'm tempted to give it another shot.

Oh, and I preordered Civ: Beyond Earth at GMG earlier.

Aaron

I've heard very little about Endless Legend... the entire affair has been very under the radar.

How does it compare to Age of Wonders 3? (if you've played it)
I've played both. Age of Wonders 3 is very combat focused. The empire stuff is thin, but there are lots of combat units with special abilities and tactics. Endless Legend is not nearly as robust in combat, but more filled out when it comes to empire building. Both are good games depending on where your interests lie.

Never tried FFXIII and I was a big FF fan (the hate for FFXIII from the majority of gamers turned me off). Might finally play it on PC.

Edit:
Wait what, FFIV's out on PC too? Wow, awesome.

Omega

Banned
SteamGAF needs to take a course of self-control.

when this class if available i will sign up

i bought FFXIII

got the platinum on PS3 and 1000 on 360.

beginning75% of the game was boring as shit and characters were meh. i still liked the game though for some reason

MayMay

Banned
Idling some cards, I want FF XIII :O

Lol, if someone would've told me a few years ago that I'd be excited to play XIII again I would've laughed at them.

I've played both. Age of Wonders 3 is very combat focused. The empire stuff is thin, but there are lots of combat units with special abilities and tactics. Endless Legend is not nearly as robust in combat, but more filled out when it comes to empire building. Both are good games depending on where your interests lie.

Oh I see. That's a very helpful comparison, thank you!

Lomax

I'm thinking I'll be in a good spot for Isaac: Rebirth to be my game #1000, I'm at 960 now. We'll see, my current pace is a bit faster than that but it really depends on the bundles between now and then. I could swear I was being more conservative this year but clearly not.

Apparently running Shadowrun Dragonfall for 2 minutes yesterday cost me my "played for the first time" reward on playfire since it didn't officially launch until today. My 15 cents!

Cheddahz

Banned
All this stealth begging.
You know you want it too.

I'm not buying it, cause I have a copy of it none of you will ever have (signed by Nomura, some other head developers on the project, and some voice actors)

Bx27sQICcAAut49.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
Never tried FFXIII and I was a big FF fan (the hate for FFXIII from the majority of gamers turned me off). Might finally play it on PC.

It really is a terrible game. Painfully linear, terrible battle system:

-No menu option diversity
-Mashing one button
-If Lightning goes down in battle, it's game over, for no fucking reason, even if other party members are up.
-Stagger system is the fucking WORST.

And the characters are God awful.

But it does have some merits.

- Great graphics and art direction
- Awesome soundtrack: Observe

I only bought the game on Steam to vote with my wallet, and encourage S-E to continue to support PC.

Jawmuncher

[

I'm not buying it, cause I have a copy of it none of you will ever have (signed by Nomura, some other head developers on the project, and some voice actors)

Bx27sQICcAAut49.jpg

I can send you a copy of FF13-2 autographed by me. I'm dead serious. It will help complete your collection .

denx

Way to stealth release FFIV on Steam wow, didn't know about it until a couple of minutes ago. So is this release vanilla FFIV or does it include The After Years?

Sorry for the n00b question but aside from crafting a badge, what are the other purposes of cards? I'm just planning sell the cards I'll get since I don't really need or use them.

Jawmuncher

Sorry for the n00b question but aside from crafting a badge, what are the other purposes of cards? I'm just planning sell the cards I'll get since I don't really need or use them.

Badges and money are the only uses for cards at the moment. I supposed you could use them as trade incentives but not really. Sell them now and hold onto the cards you want to make badges of until a new meta game with the cards pop up. Since thus far you get a bonus card related to the event when making a badge during that time .

Cheddahz

Banned
Well D4 came out at least to ease your pain of ff14 hype in the steam thread. I bought it, can't play until tomorrow though.

I won't have the money to pick it up till tomorrow (of course, I had to buy a damn coffee while on a photography trip today), but I can't wait to play it (and hell, it's been getting good reviews as well)

Deitus

But SE is actually one of the more supportive pubs on PC...

For their Eidos games maybe. Up until just over a year ago, they had basically one game developed in Japan on Steam (The Last Remnant). Now they have FFs 3, 4, 7, 8, and soon 13 on the store, so they are finally taking Steam seriously. But they have yet to release a new, Japanese developed game on Steam (even TLR was released on PC several months after the console release).

What have I done GAF...

GAFningccedil_zps053f66f1.jpg

And my count is no longer 1,000. Got that awesome Bundle Stars pack... My game count, jeez. I only cleared 3 games in 2 weeks, added a bajillion!

edit: Damn, and I got a message about Project Nimbus latest alpha. Maaaan, not enough timeeee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom