• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Aye I have played pinball in real life, and I didn't get much enjoyment out of them like I do this one or Pokemon Pinball or Metroid Pinball and other non-standard Pinball games.

Many of us do love Zen Pinball FX2, but it's not going to be for everyone and if it's tedium educing for you for you either without attempting to do the missions and challenges, or despite them because you simply don't care about those aspects, then I would say simply don't play it any more. .

uh? I do enjoy those aspects of pinball tables, but they are not mutually exclusive to Pinball FX/Zen Pinball.

You've presented me with the opinion that I don't like Pinball FX2 because I don't attempt the table missions or don't care about them.. but that's not why I don't like Pinball FX2.. don't quite understand how you arrived at that point.

the fact that there is little to no challenge/risk in FX2 is what makes it boring to me, it's not made to be like pinball, it's the serious sam of pinball games.

also bumping the table, a staple in pinball playing, is freaking broken in zen pinball at least what I've played of it

who cares if I can keep the ball alive for 30+ minutes if it's boring to do so and there's never any real fear that I will lose the ball?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Nice Thread BTW :)

Hey Dusk Golem does The Evil within activate in Western Europe i.e. UK or is it lock to NA territories.
I found out via Sub-Zero it should activate in the UK, it'll activate in Europe in Europe 1 and Europe 2 territories. That includes the UK.

Also to repost it on the growing September topic:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Evil Within (Not available in Eastern Europe, South America, Russia, some Asian countries) -- MB-7B5A47BE6241A2AF - Taken by r3n4ud. 163 entrants total.

t1409603793z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know I'm super late to the party, but I picked up the Lords of Shadow 2 + DLC and Mirror of Fate HD on Gamefly last week on the cheap, so I decided it would be a good time to start playing through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I previously got to the end of Chapter 1 on the Xbox 360 but gave up on that total bullshit Shadow of the Colossus inspired main boss.

The PC version looks absolutely stunning, and the controls seem much more responsive than the Xbox 360 version (of course, this could be that I'm playing it on the Xbox One controller) so now I'm almost to the end of chapter 2. I like the game so far (I absolutely love Patrick Stewart's narration) but up to this point it's seemed much more "Tomb Raider" than "Castlevania". I've heard that all kinda changes in Chapter 3, where most people I've talked to say they've gotten absolutely hooked on the game.

I'm really looking forward to finishing this one, and eventually playing the sequels.

The OP talks about coop in Defense Grid 2. Does anyone know if this is full campaign coop?

According to this hands-on article from Co-optimus, it seems like it does:

Hidden Path has put together a really slick take on the tower defense genre once again, this time integrating optional co-op play through any of the levels. Co-Op can be locally or online for two players and it'll be available on all platforms including PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.

Shadownet

Banned
This is what I do on a Sunday evening. Play some CSGO, idle and wait for some people to get online so I can send them games.

But they take forever to get on -___-

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh cool, another thread.

You know, ever since I got my new laptop and could start PC gaming properly, this thread is essentially the biggest part of NeoGAF for me. The community here is (for the most part) so friendly, generous and fun to talk to
or just lurk and read
that I don't feel like I'm missing out if I don't check out other threads. Not only that though, but the amount of news on upcoming releases I get from this thread far outweighs most gaming news sites. Very useful to have this thread here.

Basically, I think you guys and girls are just swell. Keep it up!

kevin1025

Banned
Oh hey, this new thread looks nice, has it right in the title!

I've moved from Bioshock Infinite DLC to Dishonored DLC, halfway through The Knife of Dunwall so far. Michael Madsen's voice was instantly recognizable, which was fun, and the areas so far are really great, as good if not better than the main game. I decided to go through a bunch of the built up DLC for games I've finished, Sleeping Dogs is next once Brigmore Witches is vanquished.

dani_dc

I was going to mention being shocked at the lack of Hatoful boyfriend on the OP recommendations, then I remember the game was supposed to come out in August until recently.

dot

I don't think I got an answer for this. But I asked in the last thread if anyone heard anything from yakkue? She haven't post in a long time. Her Steam profile is private too..

I'm just wondering what happened.
I noticed this too. Probably busy with life or just doesn't feel like talking to anyone. I hope she's doing okay. I mean if I was feeling down I wouldn't log on either. Or I'd be in offline mode too.
(Which sounds like right now for me...) :(

Just finished Metro 2033 Redux, such an awesome game, 2nd time I've beaten it (the original version once on 360 and now this one on PC) and I'm still thinking of doing another Ranger hardcore playthrough.

xeris

possible run you can. Neither is bad, just to different tastes.
Many of us do love Zen Pinball FX2, but it's not going to be for everyone and if it's tedium educing for you for you either without attempting to do the missions and challenges, or despite them because you simply don't care about those aspects, then I would say simply don't play it any more.

Enjoyment, no matter what type of pinball one prefers, for the win.

Played my first pinball table back in the mid-1970's. In many ways I still prefer it to arcade video games. When I want to get all nostalgic I play Pinball Arcade. When I want to relax and just kill some time or have an experience that a real table could never do I play Zen Pinball.

Hell, if you want I have a whole rant about how most of the tables in Pinball Arcade are not as fun as a bunch of older ones that were left out if you want to go for a realistic and "pure pinball" experience. Where is Evil Knievel, KISS, 1776, or 8-Ball Deluxe? If the wiki is right, there's only 4 tables from before 1980. I can make the argument that Microsoft Pinball Arcade is a better game for me because it represents those eras better.

After a some minutes spent in Goat Simulator, I must say I'm not a big fan, the objective based gameplay gets boring quick.

DocSeuss

Waiting for files to clear on my laptop so I can record more console footage for my next article.

Defense Grid: Containment is A+ work. Wow. Some of the best TD I've played in a long time.

dani_dc

Yeah I was saddened by that setback. /:

It's especially striking since it interferes with my planning, I was supposed to be done with Hatoful Boyfriend before Danganronpa 2 was out, now they're coming out one day apart of each other!

Now I have no idea what to do!

Love the highlights of the month in the OP, as always. looks like it will be either Wasteland or Ethan Carter this month for me. But probably neither.

Nabs

After a some minutes spent in Goat Simulator, I must say I'm not a big fan, the objective based gameplay gets boring quick.

Don't play it for the objectives. Explore a bit and see what kind of shit these devs are on. They stuffed so much random shit into Goat Sim.

Seaklng

Banned
It's especially striking since it interferes with my planning, I was supposed to be done with Hatoful Boyfriend before Danganronpa 2 was out, now they're coming out one day apart of each other!

Now I have no idea what to do!

Ah! That is a bummer :c
Best of luck on figuring out what to do!

It interferes with my planning too it seems.
WHY MUST THEY BE SO CREUL!
D;

Shadownet

Banned
Alright I'm waiting for another 2 hours. If the people I was hoping would get on today doesn't respond back. I'm just going to raffle off some games to you guys. Hope someone is excited for Sniper Elite 3.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Is there a reason why the OP doesn't have a link to the idle master thread/program?

SSPssp

Is there a reason why the OP doesn't have a link to the idle master thread/program?

That's a good suggestion, it should be up there for everyone. Thanks to idlemaster I've already gotten 3 foils last week, its pretty awesome.

Oublieux

This is what I do on a Sunday evening. Play some CSGO, idle and wait for some people to get online so I can send them games.

But they take forever to get on -___-

Just chill out with a few rounds of Lethal League. I've been playing it with a few buddies and it is extremely addictive. The best part is that it is quite bite sized so you can knock off a few rounds within 5-10 minutes.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Oh cool, another thread.

You know, ever since I got my new laptop and could start PC gaming properly, this thread is essentially the biggest part of NeoGAF for me. The community here is (for the most part) so friendly, generous and fun to talk to
or just lurk and read
that I don't feel like I'm missing out if I don't check out other threads. Not only that though, but the amount of news on upcoming releases I get from this thread far outweighs most gaming news sites. Very useful to have this thread here.

Basically, I think you guys and girls are just swell. Keep it up!

awwww ... thanks, man :) but yeah, it's pretty much the same for me :) so many awesome people in here sharing all the news - I don't even have to read anything else :) and as soon as I notice some cool new trailer or gameplay vid - I immediately post it in here :)

Shadownet

Banned
Just chill out with a few rounds of Lethal League. I've been playing it with a few buddies and it is extremely addictive. The best part is that it is quite bite sized so you can knock off a few rounds within 5-10 minutes.

Guess what. One of those people is you.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-C8658A6DCE375D37 - Taken by Perun. 2 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack -- MB-EFA7ED3266EC87D5 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Rising Storm -- MB-A1C04260D8E2FC1B - Taken by xeris. 5 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-D756BEF952D2B090 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 4 entrants total.

t1409534373z1.png

BPoole

Reposting this since it was on the bottom a few pages back:

I'm having a weird issue with Steam games online. In CSGO, the server browser does not give me any servers, but I can go to my favorites tab and play just fine. Killing Floor does the exact same thing. Now, with Dark Souls 2,i can't play any CO op or get invaded.

Thing to note, about two weeks ago my HDD fried and I am running Steam on a fresh install of Windows. Any ideas of what could be causing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom