• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

I can't believe I missed the Games Recomendation for October - Farming Simulator 15.

It's like my most anticipated title of the year. :(

BPoole

Sounds like you've got firewall issues. Test with Windows Firewall disabled see if you have any better luck.

I tried that and didn't have any luck. I've also tried connecting my PC directly into my modem and disabling my antivirus and neither of those had an effect either.

F2cb.jpg

kinda sure?

what i find more surprising is that you don't use classic shell. it was the first thing I installed on my computer when I got windows 8. I'm guessing it must be really improved now. I mean I got 8.1 as well but I don't turn off classic shell, works great.

diablogod

I need to start a new online co-op game with a friend. What are some of the best on Steam? I have 2,000+ games. I maybe have played 5% of them. Here's my profile if anyone wants to see some of the games I have played already:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/diablogod420/
Most recent ones we went through are Divinity Original Sin and Dead Island Riptide. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jawmuncher

I need to start a new online co-op game with a friend. What are some of the best on Steam? I have 2,000+ games. I maybe have played 5% of them. Here's my profile if anyone wants to see some of the games I have played already:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/diablogod420/
Most recent ones we went through are Divinity Original Sin and Dead Island Riptide. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Resident Evil 6.
Game is great with a friend so long as you both know the mechanics.

Jawmuncher

I wish it looked like this:

ifk8gXKIAnwVf.gif

I wish the whole game looked like this but I know it's not feasible. :( I'm ok with how it's shaping up though.

Yeah I wished the the whole gamed looked like that as well.
Would have actually backed it if it did.

Such a long time away from this thread (travels, conferences, work...), it probably deserves a small giveaway. All keys should be unused, if not, I'm really sorry.

Good luck!

Edit: Civ III is Civilization III, not Gal Civ, sorry guys :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dimitri2401:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dimitri2401, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-C11F9E6FBBFF6504
t1cxE6r.gif
Civ III -- MB-4230D9EADD5864D0 - Taken by shykyoichi. 3 entrants total.
FlyN -- MB-15753258AA324B51 - Taken by Seaklng. 2 entrants total.
Miasmata -- MB-12EDA48DFCB7EA14 - Taken by Yrael. 5 entrants total.
Hitman 2 -- MB-AB0D81CDF39C1112
Paranautical Activity -- MB-99EEA042BDBBDE3D - Taken by maneil99. 2 entrants total.
Anomaly 2 -- MB-EDC1F9121DB79AE8 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Darkout -- MB-35BD86E21FFD31B8 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-7CFA105FCE56F9CA - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Full Bore -- MB-44A420EC0DD6F6B8 - Taken by FauX. 6 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-A7CCBB59AC4A1379 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 7 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-7928C5D31757B1E7 - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-30F1387E08D4D64A
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-4D582346F1212ABF - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
The Journey Down Chap 1 -- MB-B55D6E32D7BC0419 - Taken by Monooboe. 1 entrants total.
Jet Set Radio -- MB-053011C878FD83FC - Taken by vvise. 9 entrants total.
Cook Serve Delicious -- MB-254F709D591BA05B - Taken by t0rment. 6 entrants total.
Shuggy -- MB-A3A5CE8A011A8575
Stacking -- MB-D38C04A81953B5B9
Humble -- MB-819AFBDCA03C3C1B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-9F9DAACA23641DAA

t1409546314z1.png

Some more:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dimitri2401:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dimitri2401, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cognition Ep1 -- MB-A176CF433F6E442D - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.
Fester Mudd -- MB-113A578CF24A3968
GearCrack Arena -- MB-2491A243D0C7ED6A - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
International Snooker -- MB-AD11452D52C9A2E4 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-5E59D4D1A049822E
Mr Bree Plus -- MB-DBE3DCDB988049BC

t1409547034z1.png

NotSelf

Hello new thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Containment The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-0F220C4D3EF5C7A1 - Taken by Lomax
Solar 2 -- MB-A9DC8CCA43D26026 - Taken by Pyroclastic

couldn't resist double dipping for toy soldiers for 99p. didn't play more than an hour 2 of that game the first time round on 360 but from what I remember it was enjoyable.

sorry for the crappy write up on Dead Rising 3 guys. Completely forgot about it and blasted through it this morning.

Can't wait for the pre-load...Hopefully we can get some GAF co-ops going.

Anyone in on some TF2 action? Yes? No?

Normally I would, but the last few times I've played TF2 - on servers I'd played months previously - my ping is always pretty high and I can't figure out what changed. Sometimes I can get away with it when my ping is around 120, but other times it's 450 or higher and it just becomes impossible.

Been trying to play some of my steam collection other than Marvel Herioes. Finished Octodad yesterday. I played it a bit when it first came out, got frustrated and quit. I picked it back up from the beginning and took only 4 hours to beat it. I only got 5 achievements so I guess I didn't explore it enough but it was really short especially once I got the hand of the controls. I had fun. It was enjoyable but I've noticed it seems to be more fun for those watching than those playing. my 6 year old daughter was laughing her head off as I struggled through the levels.

Ozium

Been trying to play some of my steam collection other than Marvel Herioes. Finished Octodad yesterday. I played it a bit when it first came out, got frustrated and quit. I picked it back up from the beginning and took only 4 hours to beat it. I only got 5 achievements so I guess I didn't explore it enough but it was really short especially once I got the hand of the controls. I had fun. It was enjoyable but I've noticed it seems to be more fun for those watching than those playing. my 6 year old daughter was laughing her head off as I struggled through the levels.

did you use a controller or keyb/mouse? I've been wanting to play Octodad (picked it up during summer seal) but unsure of what's the best controller method... the dual analog sticks sounds good but unsure..

I sent you a FR.
Says you're offline.

Cool, thanks. :) I had to log out and log back in for it to show up.

what i find more surprising is that you don't use classic shell. it was the first thing I installed on my computer when I got windows 8. I'm guessing it must be really improved now. I mean I got 8.1 as well but I don't turn off classic shell, works great.

My computer is little more than I game box these days. My power user days are behind me.

did you use a controller or keyb/mouse? I've been wanting to play Octodad (picked it up during summer seal) but unsure of what's the best controller method... the dual analog sticks sounds good but unsure..

I used a 360 controller. I tried the mouse and it is far better for precision but with Octodad, precision works against yeah. The only place where its important / useful is a small dancing segment.

DontBlink

Normally I would, but the last few times I've played TF2 - on servers I'd played months previously - my ping is always pretty high and I can't figure out what changed. Sometimes I can get away with it when my ping is around 120, but other times it's 450 or higher and it just becomes impossible.

Wow, that in some high ping. I don't think it ever got as bad for me.

Uzzy

So Injustice's story mode is so good. I was expecting it to be a little longer than it was though.

Raiden's VO being Joker is a little weird though.

Really is. I'm hoping that Capcom take some notes for the inevitable Street Fighter V, and give us a decent story mode finally.

BPoole

I got nothing then it's definitely network related though.

It's weird because I can still connect to the DS2 servers and can see messages, ghosts, bloodstains, etc all over the world, but I have not seen a single summon sign or have gotten invaded. I'm playing through the DLC so I know people are in the area. I even tried using the name engraved ring and having my buddy have it active as well and my sign still didn't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom