• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

Eh, I wanted to like Finding Teddy, I really did. The aesthetic and music is right up my alley for the most part, but I just didn't enjoy the game. I think the parts about figuring out music notes and stuff was just too tedious, along with the firefly clickety-click-click searches.

I'm not gonna take the time to write a full review, but bottom line: the standard point-and-click adventure aspects were good fun, but too much of the other stuff just sucked the experience dry.

aku:jiki

Man, I kind of really want to grab Van Helsing II but that top review on Steam is making a good case against it. It's one of those actually-good reviews written by an obvious fan, and he's not making it sound good. What's especially troubling to me is that, according to him, they decided to expand the awful idea of including tower defense in a loot grinder... Can anyone confirm that? I really hated that level in VH1 and I don't want to buy VH2 if half of it is crap tower defense.

Speaking of the genre, has anyone done Torchlight II with the controller mod? I really prefer this type of game with a controller but T2 apparently has no native support.

Jawmuncher

Velocity 2X hits steam on Dec 12.
Looking at the reviews and the impressions in the OT. Looks like a game SteamGAF would enjoy.

Deques

Man, I kind of really want to grab Van Helsing II but that top review on Steam is making a good case against it. It's one of those actually-good reviews written by an obvious fan, and he's not making it sound good. What's especially troubling to me is that, according to him, they decided to expand the awful idea of including tower defense in a loot grinder... Can anyone confirm that? I really hated that level in VH1 and I don't want to buy VH2 if half of it is crap tower defense.

Speaking of the genre, has anyone done Torchlight II with the controller mod? I really prefer this type of game with a controller but T2 apparently has no native support.

I say, wait for a bundle.
Since last two weeks I have been playing the first game. It's not really that great hack/slash loot game. I don't understand why there is a tower defense part in such a game, it doesn't fit and it's not something I want to play, not in a hack/slash loot game.

From what I have seen in VH2, it seems to be a recycled game of VH1.

I do not wanna be awake right now... I need some coffee. Anything good going on today?

I got a booster pack today...that's good!

It contained three duplicates and nobody on my friends list has cards to trade. That's bad.

The RPGmaker contest prizes were shown - the winner will get 70 games and $100. That's good!

Virtually nobody has written reviews, and I have almost single-handedly determined the winners, despite offering a giveaway if people add their own reviews by tonight. That's bad.

But you still have a week and a half to play and vote on them! That's good!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ethan Carter looks really cool but I'll wait for some videos and reviews. Having an open world sounds cool but it could also mean that I have no clue where to go next.

lukiluk

Ethan Carter looks really cool but I'll wait for some videos and reviews. Having an open world sounds cool but it could also mean that I have no clue where to go next.
I've got your "power" that told you where to go. You can choose to investigate, or leave case and back later. That's sounds good.

Fantastapotamus

I've got your "power" that told you where to go. You can choose to investigate, or leave case and back later. That's sounds good.

Hmmm, yeah now that you mention it I've heard about that. Good. Really hope the game is good, it looks really cool

aku:jiki

I say, wait for a bundle.
Since last two weeks I have been playing the first game. It's not really that great hack/slash loot game. I don't understand why there is a tower defense part in such a game, it doesn't fit and it's not something I want to play, not in a hack/slash loot game.

From what I have seen in VH2, it seems to be a recycled game of VH1.
I just completed VH1 as well. It's janky, unbalanced and has the worst UI I've seen in years, but it was also really fun and I don't play enough loot grinders. Both VH2 and T2 are really cheap at Gamersgate right now, so I kind of really want to get one of them.

I think it's because VH1 just sorta ends suddenly and I didn't feel like I had my fill...

Hey guys what's up. Been playing with my Wii U so I don't pop in here as often as I did before.

Anything interesting, and what's this about a new San Andreas beta?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey guys what's up. Been playing with my Wii U so I don't pop in here as often as I did before.

Anything interesting, and what's this about a new San Andreas beta?

Controller support, widescreen support, and pre-emptive removal of a bunch of licensed songs.

Whoops my bad.
Sure were getting Ultra though by the end of the year regardless.

It took seven months for Ultra to hit Steam. I'd expect a similar timeframe for 2x, especially considering that the game is part of a deal with Sony, which means it has some say in the exclusivity period.

Deques

I just completed VH1 as well. It's janky, unbalanced and has the worst UI I've seen in years, but it was also really fun and I don't play enough loot grinders. Both VH2 and T2 are really cheap at Gamersgate right now, so I kind of really want to get one of them.

I think it's because VH1 just sorta ends suddenly and I didn't feel like I had my fill...

I read that Van Helsing is a 3-part series. So that's probably why VH1 ended suddenly. I am not there yet though, don't spoil it >.<

I suggest Torchlight 2 if you dont have it yet

JaseC

What do you think Jase, over/under on Acti dropping the Transformers license at the end of their fiscal year?

Estimating the likelihood of Acti dropping a licence is pretty much impossible, really. 007 Legends releasing in October 2012 didn't stop Acti from dumping the James Bond licence just three months later. It's why I tell people to buy Acti's licensed stuff whenever it's on sale -- assume the worst.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Is that Millennium RPG worth getting? I have three bucks in GMG credit so I was thinking about it

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Torchlight 2 farts all over Van Helsing 1. Way better co-op too.

Controller support, widescreen support, and pre-emptive removal of a bunch of licensed songs.

Any chance they're improving the framerate too? Some of the things are bugged when you have an unlocked framerate and the default limiting framerate is 25 fps which is really horrible to play at.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is that Millennium RPG worth getting? I have three bucks in GMG credit so I was thinking about it

I enjoyed it and would like to pick up the sequels, but I'd still say no. If you really want to play an RPGmaker game, play all the gaffer made ones instead and save your three bucks for DLC, retro games, or taking a bite out of a five dollar GOTY edition title.

Lomax

What do you think Jase, over/under on Acti dropping the Transformers license at the end of their fiscal year?

Estimating the likelihood of Acti dropping a licence is pretty much impossible, really. 007 Legends releasing in October 2012 didn't stop Acti from dumping the James Bond licence just three months later. It's why I tell people to buy Acti's licensed stuff whenever it's on sale -- assume the worst.

The latest game was a top 10 seller on both consoles and more movies are in the works, so I would think it's a profitable venture for them. Plus, it seems like the Call of Duty plot lines are getting close enough that one of these years we'll see Call of Duty: Transformers Warfare.

Turn off the in-game frame limiter and force v-sync through drivers at 60 Hz.

I used to use a "GTA: San Andreas FPS Limit Adjuster" program. It worked okay but I'd prefer something native. Same way I used to use SACC for the 360 controller and the widescreen patch but now these are going to work natively.

wagamer

Some leftovers here. I think the Popcap bundle includes Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe. It should work anyway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wagamer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

vRvbDCu.png
Some Humble Popcap Bundle (Origin) -- MB-B0E7B301241987BC
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals -- MB-AEDF42A4FF457DD3 - Taken by nightstorm
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-DB81DE704957D145
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-E1B4E3C2C613CA48 - Taken by hepburn3d

Been doing a lot of co op on the second DLC of DS2.

Man, I know is possible, but I've yet to see someone win against the optional boss.

fantomena

Hmm... Fable: Anniversary doesn't look really THAT special for some reason and the high price tag even after the 20% off off doesn't help it either.

Fantastapotamus

Is there a way to check if a Steam code has already been redeemed? I think I have some stuff here but I'm not sure if I already gifted that somewhere else.

Arthea

What my flavor text on the OP didn't sell you?
I have failed.

It will sell, when price point reaches $5 or so!
It's not a bad price for those that haven't played it, but some most likely not that sure they wanna revisit it, especially for that price.

wasn't it like everybody's most disappointing game ever or something?

JaseC

Is there a way to check if a Steam code has already been redeemed? I think I have some stuff here but I'm not sure if I already gifted that somewhere else.

If you think you may have used it, you can try this. Steam prioritises "Product already owned" over "Duplicate product code", which is something Valve really ought to change.

Fantastapotamus

If you think you may have used it, you can try this. Steam prioritises "Product already owned" over "Duplicate product code", which is something Valve really ought to change.

That's a lot of work...
Would it be too bad if I just make a giveaway and some keys might already be redeemed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom