• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Amazon's checkout system doesn't cross-reference billing info against user account info unless the product is flagged as valid only in North America.

With that said is amazon ok with people buying things cross region?
I've always been a bit wary.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
edited: I'm pretty sure it's not IP, it's the card location that matters.

I don't think either matters. To buy from Amazon.com I just had to create a second amazon account where I claim to live in a McDonald's somewhere in New York. They don't care that my credit card is from Austria and is also registered on a european amazon account, and I obviously only buy keys or music downloads.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With that said is amazon ok with people buying things cross region?
I've always been a bit wary.

Absolutely. I've had many orders manually verified without issue. The address "loophole" is something Amazon could close very easily if it actually wanted to, as evidenced by the recent change to Take-Two (2K and R*) products.

Echoplx

So it seems that the mobile ports of San Andreas had to remove certain tracks due to licensing. That would explain the missing tracks in the new beta.

To compare:

PC Beta (missing songs):

Mobile (missing songs):

It's almost identical.

I'm gonna backup my current version just in case.. This sucks if true.

Ozium

ANARCHY ARCADE

Immerse yourself in the metaverse by transforming your desktop & the internet into a 3D world you can explore with your friends.

Anarchy Arcade is a media-focused 3D desktop with multiplayer and internet capabilities. It's unlike any game or program you've ever played before. With it you can consolidate everything you do on your PC into a fun & interactive gaming experience.

You use Anarchy Arcade to:
Create personalized, immersive 3D experiences filled with your favorite things.
Launch the links, games, movies, and other 3D shortcuts just like normal.
Share these experiences with your friends in multiplayer or web links.

On Early Access, Free to 'Play'

Steam HOME is real...

Arthea

Absolutely. I've had many orders manually verified without issue. The address "loophole" is something Amazon could close very easily if it actually wanted to, as evidenced by the recent change to Take-Two (2K and R*) products.

what change? They region locked on Amazon too?

I don't think either matters. To buy from Amazon.com I just had to create a second amazon account where I claim to live in a McDonald's somewhere in New York. They don't care that my credit card is from Austria and is also registered on a european amazon account, and I obviously only buy keys or music downloads.

living inside McDonald's must be tough. So much noise and bad food too (><)

Knurek

Would be great if Rockstar put some songs in place of the ones they removed from San Andreas.
Heck, there's loads of public domain demoscene songs, if they don't want to splurge on new licenses...

Oreoleo

So I sent an email to GMG/Playfire about my Playfire rewards not showing up in my GMG account, and it turns out they are literally unable to do anything about it because, even though I used the same email for both accounts, one begins with a capital letter and the other does not.

I am at a complete loss for words. What year is this that they can't work around case-sensitivty?

Seriously. What the fuck. Absolutely incompetent.

I still don't understand how Amazon works if you are in EU. They don't accept paypal, and your credit card info includes your actual place of residency. It just doesn't make any sense.

Basically it works because Amazon gives no fucks and is big enough to get away with it.

If that ever changes it'll be a sad day indeed.

JaseC

what change? They region locked on Amazon too?

Yes:

taketwog9jrr.jpg

The keys themselves aren't region-locked, but, as I mentioned before, Amazon's product listing is.

Your russian is overcharging you, by alot.

I'm referring to existing spares. Prices tend to go up after a sale since it becomes a seller's market, and there aren't a lot of cheaper spares as the sub isn't available on Eastern European stores and so it requires the cross-region purchasing trick to purchase, which (relatively) few partake in.

I have my sources :p and yes it's reliable.

RE: 13 dollar Witcher 3...

Are they region-locked at all? Steam gift or key?

I'm currently playing through the Witcher 2 (on Act 2) and recently finished the first book. I was seriously considering plunking down for the game at its current price on Steam, but if there's a way to save $30-ish dollars...

JaseC

Is there any way to improve texture quality in Enslaved? I followed the guides that stated to edit the ini file but the game...leaves much to be desired

Nope. The PC and PS360 textures are identical.

I'm currently playing through the Witcher 2 (on Act 2) and recently finished the first book. I was seriously considering plunking down for the game at its current price on Steam, but if there's a way to save $30-ish dollars...

The Eastern European sub is still completely free and has never actually been region-locked.

Shadownet

Banned

Don't get your hope up. I highly doubt I'll be able to flip those Alien codes to buy you all Witcher 3.

Looks like I might have to throw down some money to try and buy 10 copies. Gotta start saving now.

Cheddahz

Banned
Don't get your hopes up. I highly doubt I'll be able to flip those Alien codes to buy you all Witcher 3.

Looks like I might have to throw down some money to try and buy 10 copies. Gotta start saving now.
I mean, at least sell one copy of Alien and pick up a bunch of copies of Bad Rats to give away

redlacs

found unused steam key for The Bombshell (exclusive ship) in Aerena: Clash of Champions (free to play). it comes from ended Gamespot giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (redlacs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Aerena: Clash of Champions (The Bombshell) -- MB-B659E37D3019A31F

Volimar

Don't get your hopes up. I highly doubt I'll be able to flip those Alien codes to buy you all Witcher 3.

I'm actually more interested in the Alien game. I just couldn't get comfortable with the ability menu wheel in Witcher 2... Made it a lot less fun for me.

I'm actually more interested in the Alien game. I just couldn't get comfortable with the ability menu wheel in Witcher 2... Made it a lot less fun for me.

I've gotten used to the ability wheel. The inventory though. That thing is an abomination.

edit : on the topic of W2, did they remove mutagens from a patch or something? I can't find any skills that accept them in the tree. I have a bunch sitting in my inventory and can't figure out how to use them.

tioslash

The steam store page for The Witcher 3 has been updated with all the languages that will be available, or is it already showing like that for some time?

Last time I checked it didn't. Probably come as a bless for all those people freaking out on the steam forums about the game not supporting english haha, or the RU version only being in russian.

liezryou

13$ for witcher 3 is quite the stretch. Maybe 14$ if someone is selling to you at literally no profit to themselves. But i doubt anyone would do that for 44 copies.

Derp

Ooooo are we talking about Witcher 3?

You guys know the Collectors Edition is the only answer... Come on.

This is the first Collectors Edition of a game i've ever bought.

So I sent an email to GMG/Playfire about my Playfire rewards not showing up in my GMG account, and it turns out they are literally unable to do anything about it because, even though I used the same email for both accounts, one begins with a capital letter and the other does not.

I am at a complete loss for words. What year is this that they can't work around case-sensitivty?

Seriously. What the fuck. Absolutely incompetent.

GMG's support is dog shit, the only way I get results is by posting on their Facebook page so I suggest giving that a try because that response don't make a lick of sense.

The Eastern European sub is still completely free and has never actually been region-locked.

guy-opening-door.gif

Don't get your hope up. I highly doubt I'll be able to flip those Alien codes to buy you all Witcher 3.

No, no, no, I'm totally down to buy it myself. I almost went full price (minus pre-order and owning the other games discounts) on Steam just from being on a Witcher roll. 13 bucks is just such a drastic discount that I'll have to track down a seller... or a middleman...

In gaming news, I've been on complete edge for a few weeks on the personal side of my life, so when I beat Sinh
the gnarly dragon!
in the DS2 DLC the other week, I was shaking so badly that I had to put the game down. I really want to jump into DLC2 and maybe re-roll, but my nerves just aren't feeling it.

tioslash

Ooooo are we talking about Witcher 3?

You guys know the Collectors Edition is the only answer... Come on.

This is the first Collectors Edition of a game i've ever bought.

TW3 Collectors Edition will be available in my country for....U$450. Yeah.

Tektonic

ok, i've emailed them again. sorry about that - garbagedump by name and nature it seems.

(p.s. it's dailyindiegame that seems to be giving out either a) used or b) totally wrong keys - what can you expect for $1 and change)

kiyomi

ok, i've emailed them again. sorry about that - garbagedump by name and nature it seems.

(p.s. it's dailyindiegame that seems to be giving out either a) used or b) totally wrong keys - what can you expect for $1 and change)

It's okay, you have alpacasso for an avatar.

UncleO

So what is new/upcoming that i should keep an eye out for?
Never really got into the indy craze and im looking to dip my toes further.

redlacs

hardware revealed. there doesnt seem to be anything that would make me reconsider AK5 as my #1 weapon choice

edit: although... that gecko. hah, i guess theres only one way to find out

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
So what is new/upcoming that i should keep an eye out for?
Never really got into the indy craze and im looking to dip my toes further.

There are some recommendations in the OP. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is my favorite so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom