• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

It will sell, when price point reaches $5 or so!
It's not a bad price for those that haven't played it, but some most likely not that sure they wanna revisit it, especially for that price.

wasn't it like everybody's most disappointing game ever or something?

I must have a odd taste in games.
Since pretty often disappointments for the masses I end up enjoying.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's a lot of work...
Would it be too bad if I just make a giveaway and some keys might already be redeemed?

Not really. Once you get the PM from ModBot just add a little disclaimer to each game that you think may be tied to a used key.

def sim

It will sell, when price point reaches $5 or so!
It's not a bad price for those that haven't played it, but some most likely not that sure they wanna revisit it, especially for that price.

wasn't it like everybody's most disappointing game ever or something?

Relative to what Molyneux promised? Sure.

The game was totally fine, though.

derExperte

Be Mine 14 remnants.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Whispering Willows -- MB-ACE91A9D92424161 - Taken by prudislav. 3 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-6D02CC7712A7871D - Taken by Divius. 8 entrants total.

t1409756923z1.png

Jawmuncher

I was referring to beloved gamers' hyperbole at that time and I actually liked second even less, let's not forget.

1 is one of my all time favorites
2 was ok
3 I found more enjoyable but not as good as 1.
Legends isn't looking very interesting.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm pretty sure all of them are unused, but there might be a used key in there somewhere. Sorry for that.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fantastapotamus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dynamite Jack -- MB-ECC6D5F147FB2EC7 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-29D7F04D0ED8AD8F - Taken by Gipsy Danger. 2 entrants total.
The Bard's Tale -- MB-66AC9C428E22D6A9 - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-E96265CA2DB461EB - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-C0C6031D4AB6F551 - Taken by Divius. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-879C4E6E3A33DD4F
Breach&Clear -- MB-2253330329241E31 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 8 entrants total.

t1409767004z1.png

I still have a bunch of games left, if this works I'll make some more giveaways tomorrow. Nothing special, hope somebody wants them

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dealing with cable companies is the worst.

On the plus side, once all the dust settles and I get my service moved into my new place this weekend, it should be twice as fast (60Mbps) for less cost.

The downside is that they absolutely insist on sending over a technician to "hook up my computer" and install their garbageware on it. Not gonna happen.

I'd buy from GMG but I think I'm just going to buy TEW from Steam (currently sitting at $40 wallet funds, blessed CSGO) and sponge the inevitable Playfire rewards to add to my growing GTAV fund on GMG.

Copons

The downside is that they absolutely insist on sending over a technician to "hook up my computer" and install their garbageware on it. Not gonna happen.

Lol really?
In Italy whenever I tell the companies their technicians aren't needed to, like, connect a computer to the router, they always seem super relieved, I guess because most of their technicians suck hard.

Lol really?
In Italy whenever I tell the companies their technicians aren't needed to, like, connect a computer to the router, they always seem super relieved, I guess because most of their technicians suck hard.

In America they send out their technicians as much as possible so they can charge you "installation" fees. Competence doesn't even factor in, unfortunately - even the ones with a clue have to stick to an awful script.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lol really?

I literally said to the guy "Does the technician really need to come on-site? As long as my DOCSIS 3.0 compliant modem can synchronize with your services, I'm good to go from there." to which I got the canned response like "Our technician will need to come onsite and configure your email client, install our handy anti-virus application, and make sure your router is configured properly." The weird part is, they're not even charging me an installation fee.

Oh well, usually what happens in my experience is I get everything set up and working before the guy even shows up and when he arrives I simply tell him I'm good and his services aren't required.

Saty

R.I.P.D The Game is only multiplayer? That's a bummer. A licensed game based on a movie that doesn't have a solo campaign..That's rare.

In America they send out their technicians as much as possible so they can charge you "installation" fees. Competence doesn't even factor in, unfortunately - even the ones with a clue have to stick to an awful script.

Yep, my cable signal literally goes to nothing if I unplug my always powered booster box that I mounted outside in a locked box. I had to fix their technicians' incompetence. Since I'm signing up for a new promotion, and getting away from Directv, they will be insisting on an "installation" charge. I'll still be charged, but I'll just have to turn away the technician.

Copons

I hear his complaints about the game, but I'm kinda tired about those about Steam selling garbage.
Ok, this case is different as the game is broken (as it is also the 90% of games on Steam, if installed on the right
or wrong
computer), but for fuck sake, if you don't want to play a garbage truck simulator, it's pretty easy to just DON'T BUY it, or like, if you're JaseC-like, DON'T INSTALL it.
It's not like you go to the supermarket and buy something you eventually won't like, and then you post a videowhine on YouTube about that supermarket not doing enough quality control.

also, the method to fix those crashes suggested by the dev, even if he could just patch it and don't bother the users, isn't really THAT hard to do... I mean, it is a simple copy and paste over like 5 files?

Shadownet

Banned
No, no, no, I'm totally down to buy it myself. I almost went full price (minus pre-order and owning the other games discounts) on Steam just from being on a Witcher roll. 13 bucks is just such a drastic discount that I'll have to track down a seller... or a middleman.

I suppose you won't share :p

If anyone need to get a cheap copy of Witcher 3 on Steam. Just send me a PM on Steam and I can help you out. I think the price is $13.64. I have my source but they want to be incognito, so I usually act as a middle man. If you need any other region free games, I could help as well.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Anyone playing Sims 4?

I'm so on the fence.

Bought it yesterday and played for a couple of hours today. It's pretty great, which I didn't expect after hearing the news about all the omitted features. If they add them back it will be the best Sims game ever

jshackles

Ha! Wanna bet?

I actually requested that a summary of my transaction be sent to me in writing and it's right there in black and white (along with something like "Because you're a valued customer...") in my inbox. So while I don't have any faith in their ability to keep their promises, I do at least have a written statement from them as such. My guess: I'll have to "remind" them of it when the time comes.

Shadownet

Banned
While that's certainly true. I think Origins gets a bad rap due to how incredible City and Asylum are. Origins is still a great but flawed game.

People just cringe at Origin because of all the glitches and bugs, which I'm pretty damn sure they have not fix yet because a month ago I was playing it and Killer Crock disappeared during a cutscene, and I couldn't press the QTE, so I had to restart.

It was shitty of the developer saying that they were going to prioritize making the DLCs for Origin before fixing all the game breaking bugs too. It just left a very sour taste.

FloatOn

You would hear better things if you mention Arkham Asylum or Arkham City :p

I've beat both of those and enjoyed them a great deal. I'm in the Asylum camp as to which I think is the better game.

I'm super lttp on Origins. Is it open world like City? Because I think that hurt the narrative .

The_Monk

I think after I finish the old iron king dlc I'm going to play Arkham Origins.

I've heard good things.

I had fun with the game but if felt much better to play in December. The mood sure helped me getting more immersed in the game and the snow with the festivity theme and decorations made the experience more enjoyable.

Also, if you check the Screenshots on Steam and sort them by Most Popular > > > All Time I heard that the Number One in there belongs to someone cool. :p

If anyone need to get a cheap copy of Witcher 3 on Steam. Just send me a PM on Steam and I can help you out. I think the price is $13.64. I have my source but they want to be incognito, so I usually act as a middle man. If you need any other region free games, I could help as well.

Awesome! Do you prefer Paypal or would keys work?

Side note: Has anyone tried out the Westerado demo that could give some impressions? It looks like it could shape up beautifully.

I've beat both of those and enjoyed them a great deal. I'm in the Asylum camp as to which I think is the better game.

My man!

Arthea

volvo, why? Why fix what's not broken.
I'm talking about not being able to see group members in friends pop-up anymore. That's minor thing, sure, still annoying.
They should have changed it today, because yesterday I still was able to see.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I added you as a friend on Steam :)

Ruruja

I did like you before. That may have changed. What do you like about it? Or dislike about the others? I still think it's great but it definitely goes Asylum > City >>>>>> Origins to me.

Haha, well - I've always been a sucker for origin stories. That's why my favourite of the Nolan Batman films is Begins. That and it has Deathstroke in it.

Mine would be Origins > City > Asylum, so maybe it's best we don't talk to each other anymore. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom