• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

wait till you see uplay avatar maker/editor, or whatever that shit program it is called. It's nightmare, I tell you, nightmare.

I can't because I don't have Unity Web Player installed, and I'm not installing it just to make a terrible avatar. :p

derExperte

Hahaha

I am thinking about buying Saint's Row IV for 10 Euro, but I am almost sure I can get the Game of the Century version for the same price in the Wintersale

Speaking of SR4, apparently there's a widespread problem with its sound output on Windows 8, they even link to a user-made guide in the official FAQ. http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276278111 Unfortunately so far nothing has helped and I gotta ask why they haven't done anything to fix the problem (some codec thing) other than posting a few things that worked for themselves. Thanks for nothing, I'll keep that in mind when your next game comes around.

For what it is worth uplay games on Steam handle patching much better.

I got taught that recently. I thought Blacklist was trying to apply the same patch each time I launched it, so I killed the update each time after the first. Turned out it was trying to apply each patch individually so you'd have to start and close the game four times before it was fully updated. Ridiculous.

zkylon

zkylewd
is it uplay avatar day again?

default_tall.png

prudislav

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (prudislav, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Millennium: A New Hope -- MB-A50DFF43150CA980 - Taken by swx. 4 entrants total.

t1409751883z1.png
good luck

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
To give some credit to Ubisoft though, they always make it very easy and comfortable to change the language in their games (spoken and/or text) which I something I really appreciate since I rarely want to play games in german. What I also really like about UPlay is

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Thief Gold is the first and original Thief game, a ton of keys for it were given out in some promotion and then a ton more for the Square Enix bundle. If you're willing to dig through the old Steam threads, you should be able to get a copy from a dozen different modbot giveaways.

ViviOggi

Hahaha

I am thinking about buying Saint's Row IV for 10 Euro, but I am almost sure I can get the Game of the Century version for the same price in the Wintersale
I almost feel bad getting the vanilla version from that AMD promo yesterday, not realizing quite how much DLC the game has. If I were you I'd wait a little longer.

Deques

So I was gonna redeem Deadpool steam key that I bought from GameFly nine 9 months ago. Didn't redeem it when I bought it for some reason.

Guess what? Duplicate key >.<

I am so sad now, I really wanted Deadpool. Now the key is useless pile of poop.
I guess GameFly wont be helping me since it has been long time since I bought the game and now some unknown company bought GameFly

So sad.....

Hahaha

SRIV GotC for 5 keys

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I was gonna redeem Deadpool steam key that I bought from GameFly nine 9 months ago. Didn't redeem it when I bought it for some reason.

Guess what? Duplicate key >.<

I am so sad now, I really wanted Deadpool. Now the key is useless pile of poop.
I guess GameFly wont be helping me since it has been long time since I bought the game and now some unknown company bought GameFly

So sad.....

Try asking Acti for a replacement. It still sells the game on its own store.

Volimar

Good morning steamGAF.

So where did Shadownet come down on having a three way with an alien, a witch, and a source hunter?

redlacs

ivan.jpg

I have a short anecdote to share from playing into the dark - the ultimate trash edition (Yes, its the actual name of the game):

I think it was in level 7 where found a really badass looking sniper rifle. Eager to try it I saved the game and went hunting. First victim was just around the corner and even though i was standing fairly close I wasn't spotted
(it almost looked like it was put there for the very same course of action I had in mind - to take a test shot). I scoped, targeted the poor soul, gently put my finger on the trigger, aimed for right eye, pressed fire and.. this happened:

ARRAY.png

Oh well, I though i'd just never use that sniper again (it wasn't that shiny anyway). Up until the "sniper rifle incident" the game already crashed for me at least 40 times so putting one more thing on the "to avoid otherwise it crashes" list was no biggie. Sadly, in this case loading the newly saved game also kept resulting in crashes. Had to reload older save. Basically testing new weapon set me one level back. Lesson learned, the pistol you have right from the start was enough for dealing with every enemy anyway..

Now, it's not my intention to trash all the effort that has been put into creating the game. It promotes itself as trashy and as such it could be even fun. Its the constant crashing the leaves worse than bitter taste.. I'm not sure thought if its genuine bugs or features, because it does make you scared of dying because reloading seemed like the most vulnerable place for crashes. Other than that make sure not to flip through weapons too fast, dont hold any keys while you open doors otherwise you risk invisible empenetrable wall spawning there, oh and dont you dare to save while crouched, you will end up in limbo and fall down through the texture..

Best advice i can think of - dont try this at home
(I'm quite sure my laptop feels raped)

Enco

Now, it's not my intention to trash all the effort that has been put into creating the game. It promotes itself as trashy and as such it could be even fun. Its the constant crashing the leaves worse than bitter taste.. I'm not sure thought if its genuine bugs or features, because it does make you scared of dying because reloading seemed like the most vulnerable place for crashes. Other than that make sure not to flip through weapons too fast, dont hold any keys while you open doors otherwise you risk invisible empenetrable wall spawning there, oh and dont you dare to save while crouched, you will end up in limbo and fall down through the texture..

Best advice i can think of - dont try this at home
(I'm quite sure my laptop feels raped)
Crashing is never a feature. It's just bad development.

Just because you sell your game as a 'B-Movie' or 'Dumb Fun' doesn't mean it's ok to make garbage. Reminds of Goat Simulator.

Laziness masked as a feature.

wilflare

my brother been wanting to play Castlevania LoS2. Seems like Konami games (including MGR) are region locked (not available in SEA/Singapore).

where can I get a (nicely-priced? RU?) copy and will he need a VPN to activate it or what not?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 7 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Depth Hunter (Desura) -- MB-6273F52E75670E7C - Taken by Monosukoi
ulgzbKC.png
Tiamat X (Desura) -- MB-1A46C17B7B592BBA - Taken by Catshade
ulgzbKC.png
Wooden Floor (Desura) -- MB-AE060F6F638D3074 - Taken by Catshade
ulgzbKC.png
Sick Brick (Desura) -- MB-72B5BF40D8205BC8 - Taken by Darth Kupi
xheRJRF.gif
ulgzbKC.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Deep Black: Reloaded (Desura) -- MB-CFF206A52412694D - Taken by cardinalmind
Victim of Xen (Steam) -- MB-B672BD2E97BEC751 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Spate (Steam) -- MB-F3D57C27F6CC276A - Taken by prudislav
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) -- MB-A6409C46C00FB7FC - Taken by Catshade
ulgzbKC.png
1Quest (Desura) -- MB-9F5E3817BB04231E - Taken by Catshade

JaseC

my brother been wanting to play Castlevania LoS2. Seems like Konami games (including MGR) are region locked (not available in SEA/Singapore).

where can I get a (nicely-priced? RU?) copy and will he need a VPN to activate it or what not?

There are no Eastern European-specific subs so you could buy a key, although there's no getting around the VPN requirement for activation (keys are fine; gift copies not so much). There's one for $16 on Plati.ru but you'd need the help of a Russian GAFer as the seller doesn't accept PayPal. I've bought a handful of Russian-specific games from the site and haven't had any issues, and as far as non-PayPal stuff is concerned Tenrius helped me get a couple of copies of The Stomping Land in exchange for PayPal Bucks yesterday.

wilflare

There are no Eastern European-specific subs so you could buy a key, although there's no getting around the VPN requirement for activation (keys are fine; gift copies not so much). There's one for $16 on Plati.ru but you'd need the help of a Russian GAFer as the seller doesn't accept PayPal. I've bought a handful of Russian-specific games from the site and haven't had any issues, and as far as non-PayPal stuff is concerned Tenrius helped me get a couple of copies of The Stomping Land in exchange for PayPal Bucks yesterday.

thanks! what do you mean by (keys are fine, gift copies not so much?) to activate, I can use any VPN where the game is not locked right? I don't have to use a RU proxy because either bought from a RU site right (since there's no EE or RU specific subs?)

dmix90

I am actually can get Lords of Shadow 2 Digital Bundle(EU exclusive sub). Region free version, all dlc included :p

Chariot

jrhAQdGZX1i7Y.png

Gotta love YouTube comments

Speaking of SR4, apparently there's a widespread problem with its sound output on Windows 8, they even link to a user-made guide in the official FAQ. http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276278111 Unfortunately so far nothing has helped and I gotta ask why they haven't done anything to fix the problem (some codec thing) other than posting a few things that worked for themselves. Thanks for nothing, I'll keep that in mind when your next game comes around.
Ah thank you, thats very good to know.

Uuuh! So tempting...!

JaseC

thanks! what do you mean by (keys are fine, gift copies not so much?) to activate, I can use any VPN where the game is not locked right?

I just mean that, historically, Valve hasn't cared about people using VPNs to redeem region-locked keys.

I don't have to use a RU proxy because either bought from a RU site right (since there's no EE or RU specific subs?)

The key is all but assuredly tied to the store sub, which has Singapore listed as a restricted country, hence the VPN requirement.

Nabs

So it seems that the mobile ports of San Andreas had to remove certain tracks due to licensing. That would explain the missing tracks in the new beta.

To compare:

PC Beta (missing songs):

GTA SA Beta update

Looks like following tracks are missing from beta compared to current release:

GTA SA Music extractors wasn't able to get these from beta, but was from current release.
Some audio files have dropped in size, which matches removals.

Code:
Bounce FM
04. You Dropped A Bomb On Me (The Gap Band).ogg
09. Yum Yum (Fat Back).ogg
16. Running Away (Roy Ayers).ogg

K-DST
01. Running Down A Dream (Tom Petty)
03. Woman to Woman (Joe Cocker)

K-Jah Radio West
03. Ring My Bell (Blood Sisters).ogg
04. Don't Let It Go To Your Head (Black Harmony).ogg

Master Sounds 98.3
01. Express Yourself (Charles Wright)
06. Rock Creek Park (The Blackbyrds)
08. [b]Funky President (James Brown)[/b]
09. Grunt (The J.B.'s)
12. Soul Power 74 (Maceo And The Macks)
17. The Payback (James Brown)

Playback FM
10. Critical Breakdown (Ultramagnetic MCs)

Radio Los Santos
02. I Don't Give A Fuck (2Pac)
07. Express Yourself (NWA)

Radio X
07. Hellraiser (Ozzy Osbourne)
08. Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine)

Why they would remove these?

Mobile (missing songs):

PLAYBACK FM
"Critical Beatdown"

K-DST
"Running Down A Dream"
"Woman To Woman"

Bounce FM
"You Dropped A Bomb On Me"
"Yum Yum"
"Running Away"

Radio Los Santos
"I Don't Give A f*ck"
"Express Yourself"

Radio X
"Killing in the Name of"
"Hellraiser"

K-Jah West
"Ring My Bell"
"Don't Let It Go To Your Head"

Master Sounds 98.3
"Express Yourself"
"Rock Creek Park"
"Grunt"
"Soul Power '74"
"The Payback"

It's almost identical.

JaseC

I am actually can get Lords of Shadow 2 Digital Bundle(EU exclusive sub). Region free version, all dlc included :p

12 keys is the lowest price on that, though. Not really worth it when you consider that the DLC is just $2.97 all up.

So it seems that the mobile ports of San Andreas had to remove certain tracks due to licensing. That would explain the missing tracks in the new beta.

Huh, so I was partially correct after all. Cookie for me! ;) It's not fair that existing owners will also lose the songs, though, unless R* intends on spinning off the modified depots.

Grief.exe

To compare:

PC Beta (missing songs):

Mobile (missing songs):

It's almost identical.

That's not just a few songs, missing quite a few now.

wilflare

I just mean that, historically, Valve hasn't cared about people using VPNs to redeem region-locked keys.

The key is all but assuredly tied to the store sub, which has Singapore listed as a restricted country, hence the VPN requirement.

thanks JaseC. will get down to getting a LoS2 key when I get home. should make for a nice present for the brother :)

Terra_Ex

Didn't Rockstar create a new version of Vice City when they had to remove some music from it while back. I recall reading existing owners got to keep the full-featured version while new customers get the version with removed tracks. Surely they're doing the same thing again with San Andreas?

thanks JaseC. will get down to getting a LoS2 key when I get home. should make for a nice present for the brother :)

This might be a late answer but you can also try Amazon. Been buying games and PSN codes there without a hitch. Although they don't have a sale on Konami's game right now, I think?

JaseC

Didn't Rockstar create a new version of Vice City when they had to remove some music from it while back. I recall reading existing owners got to keep the full-featured version while new customers get the version with removed tracks. Surely they're doing the same thing again with San Andreas?

Doesn't look like it, but this could change. Use the beta to fiddle with the depots -> spin off the modified depots into their own apps -> remove the existing San Andreas subs from the store -> upload new ones with the new depots -> delete the beta branch.

This might be a late answer but you can also try Amazon. Been buying games and PSN codes there without a hitch. Although they don't have a sale on Konami's game right now, I think?

Yeah, but the game is still $40 even at 33% off.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

To compare:

PC Beta (missing songs):

Mobile (missing songs):

It's almost identical.

Losing some 2Pac makes me sad. I don't want to play the game anymore.

Arthea

I still don't understand how Amazon works if you are in EU. They don't accept paypal, and your credit card info includes your actual place of residency. It just doesn't make any sense. At least for PSN, if included personal info is not the same as region your account is in, your credit card simply doesn't work. That's why we buy PSN codes.
edited: I'm pretty sure it's not IP, it's the card location that matters.

JaseC

I still don't understand how Amazon works if you are in EU. They don't accept paypal, and your credit card info includes your actual place of residency. It just doesn't make any sense.

Amazon's checkout system doesn't cross-reference billing info against user account info unless the product is flagged as valid only in North America.

Arthea

Amazon's checkout system doesn't cross-reference billing info against user account info unless the product is flagged as valid only in North America.

oh! they don't check it. That's weird.
Maybe I should try Amazon finally, even if it's against my rule: no paypal - no money from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom