• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution

Full research: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jiec.12181/full

So by not playing my games I'm saving the environment?

missioncaccomplishedf3oqv.gif

What is DR3 going for on the key market? I really want to buy it, but between Sims 4 and countless Vita/PS4 games I doubt I'll play it as much as I'd like.

Other is Japanese version. The only difference is price.
Don't know why both show up.

It's what happens when you make region-specific subs but don't use the PRC flags. They're also used to close off the cross-region purchasing loophole as well as region-lock keys.

Just a small update. my seller also sell copies of Alien Isolation for $22.12, Witcher 3 for $13.76 and Shadow of Mordor for $22.12. He also sell most region free games. if you need a price check. I can check it for you.

I'm still not convinced on Mordor. I'm still in the wait and see camp.

Though that price is tempting.

Haha, it took me a while to realize that it was you since you have a different name on Steam :p But yeah, we also played with The Dear Leader, Snakethesniper, lashman, Enco and frosty

Haha, I figured that's what it was, I'm excited for the Gage Assault Pack when that comes out I'll get back into P2.

Copons

The CSS indicates that they're moving to a three column home page, but only if you have a horizontal resolution higher than 1208 pixels. Those three columns will encompass a total of 1306 pixels (618px + 308px + 380px). Or it could just be that they're not done doing what they want to do with the CSS.

So weird...

Ugh, they're such weird numbers (even tho, considering the target, it makes sense to design for very large screens).
Also, am I understanding correctly and they are finally jumping on the responsive bandwagon with a 5 years delay? :D

See this post my good man cat

Ah that kinda killed my buzz. :D

DocSeuss

Even as a Payday1 veteran who has played P2 a bit when it came out the game looks intimidating, so much has apparently changed. Would be nice to play a few easy heists without getting yelled at, problem is that I also don't want overpowered veterans making it too easy.

That's what I'm here for. I love teaching people how to play; I'm really chill and don't mind if people screw up, and, to be honest, even at level I-72, I'm really not that overpowered. I can boost you up to a tolerable 50-60 in a day or so.

Hanzou

I've have received at least 3 virtual hugs today. #FEELSOOOOOOGOOOOOOOD! <3 Not counting hugs from random people I didn't even help out. lol
----------
Just a small update. my seller also sell copies of Alien Isolation for $22.12, Witcher 3 for $13.76 and Shadow of Mordor for $22.12. He also sell most region free games. if you need a price check. I can check it for you.

He doesn't take any interest for those prices. So if you wanna buy from him. talk to me on Steam. He do take donation though. So if you can send him some extra spare change, or a dollar or something. He would appreciate it.

I'm just the middle man so I don't set the prices. I only charge 1 hug per transaction.

anyway, this will be the last time I mention this on here. So we can get back on topic.
And tthis may have been mentioned before but was is he asking for with divinity price wise?

iosefe

i have bought bad rats on 4 or 5 occasions, mostly courtesy of Card money...

It just hit me that i could have easily saved all that for a nice 5 dollar game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ugh, they're such weird numbers (even tho, considering the target, it makes sense to design for very large screens).
Also, am I understanding correctly and they are finally jumping on the responsive bandwagon with a 5 years delay? :D

It doesn't appear to be responsive at all, only adaptive. But of course this code isn't in production yet so who knows what will happen in Valve time.

JaseC

Huh, I shouldn't be surprised at the fact that exists. How large is the stash of these gifs?

I just made it. ;) Technically they all weigh in at just over 2GB, however, my own aside, since I don't save every gif I find but instead just wait until someone on Tumblr does that for me and posts a download link to an archive, there are a lot of dupes.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Do I have you on Steam?
No, I don't think so, I will send you a friend request
Even as a Payday1 veteran who has played P2 a bit when it came out the game looks intimidating, so much has apparently changed. Would be nice to play a few easy heists without getting yelled at, problem is that I also don't want overpowered veterans making it too easy.

I'm pretty horrible at multiplayer games and especially shooters but I didn't find Payday 2 intimidating. The only challenge lies in getting familiar with the layout and objectives of the heists.

Of course, I'd love to try some more heists if you guys get some games going. When I was playing with gaffers from here we always did the ones that were easier to boost and it got a bit repetitive at the end

I just made it. ;) Technically they all weigh in at just over 2GB, however, my own aside, since I don't save every gif I find but instead just wait until someone on Tumblr does that for me and posts a download link to an archive, there are a lot of dupes.

<Insert deity(s) here> bless the internet.

hepburn3d

Hey GAF

My 301st post and now a member. As a thanks to all the givers I want to give back something you probably don't have yet.

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for hepburn3d:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hepburn3d, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-20CF4BDD9FB2F438 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 107 entrants total.

t1409857184z1.png

abracadaver

The CSS indicates that they're moving to a three column home page, but only if you have a horizontal resolution higher than 1208 pixels. Those three columns will encompass a total of 1306 pixels (618px + 308px + 380px). Or it could just be that they're not done doing what they want to do with the CSS.

So weird...

finally

in 1080p half of the screen is empty

steamioss2.jpg

Ibuki

Banned
Well it looks like I'm going to trade for Dead Rising 3 once I get home. It's almost time for some Hatoful Boyfriend as well, what a week.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Man, I was hoping that RECYCLE would be good.

Seems like Arkham Origins is getting "sony exclusive" Kightfall dlc afterall in GOTY edition - check depots
http://steamdb.info/sub/47561/depots/

Fuck, I just bought the game and season pass for cold cold heart yesterday ;__;

Playing around with the "New Store Announcement" CSS that showed up last night:

The more of the blue design I see just makes me want a different color design.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can you elaborate on the first sentence? Have no idea what those two are.

Responsive design basically means that all of the page's elements size themselves based on the size of the screen (and typically fill it with content). Adaptive design is similar, but there is code in place to check for a certain size panel. Valve appears to be using adaptive design for their new store page, or at least the home page. There is a check in the CSS to see if the panel has enough resolution to support it's third column. So if your panel size is large enough, it'll show up and if it's not it won't.

Contrasted with responsive design, the third panel might show up on smaller screens but just have icons and no text or something. Also with truly responsive design there would X number of columns: where X is equal to the panel size divided by 380px, which essentially means there would be enough columns to fill the screen regardless of your panel size.

EDIT: "panel size" being the size of your browser window. So if you resize your window the content would change accordingly rather than showing horizontal scroll bars.

JaseC

Weird. I am still getting the error.

EDIT: Oh. Because I misread the email--was handling phones when I got it--I re-redeemed it to my account. Valve, apparently, intended for me to give it back. The error message says English language is not supported. So... do I get a hold of them, and ask them to fix, or do I just wait until release? It's not like a huge deal or anything--I've got an Alien copy coming via the AMD rewards I didn't trade away. Or will I be fine?

I mistakenly assumed that, since the notice is no longer showing up on the TW3 store page, Valve had fixed the "bug" of it appearing on store pages without language lists, but it would seem CDPR removed the notice itself. Rest assured you have nothing to worry about.

girl you're breaking my heart

<3

The_Monk

The White DS4 is simply gorgeous. I would love to see a clean, minimalist PC Setup with one of these, a tiny bonsai tree, a clutter free desk with no wires in sight. Love me some Zen.

8XChnqal.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
The White DS4 is simply gorgeous. I would love to see a clean, minimalist PC Setup with one of these, a tiny bonsai tree, a clutter free desk with no wires in sight. Love me some Zen.

8XChnqal.jpg

the different colored tips always make me think the dualshock 4's are wearing like nylon stockings or something

Ibuki

Banned
Thanks shadow! I even got the collector's goodies because of you. Time to get physical
with some birds.

Alright I need help from someone who has finished Divinity OS. I came across this enemy called the source tainted knight in the phantom forest. Spent about 25 minutes fighting him but I could never get him below 80% hp before something would happen and he'd heal back to full health. Tried everything I could think of but eventually had to flee. So... what's the trick to taking him out?

KingDirk

Sorry if this is a lame giveaway, but I figured the world could use more cute stuff in it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monster Loves You #1 -- MB-74EF5C34F22F3D89 - Taken by Mono. 12 entrants total.
Monster Loves You #2 -- MB-F62088675C5729A3 - Taken by fernandes. 9 entrants total.

t1409782784z1.png

Shadownet

Banned

I will most likely pick up one of those sexy white controller along with a blue one to go with my black controller.

I'm just a bit hesitant because I'm afraid that the white controller might turn yellow over time. But it would be cool if they release a red one too.

Some custom controllers would be awesome as well.
Final Fantasy XV controller please.

Ibuki

Banned
In case anyone is going to get one of the white DS4s, the street date was lifted at gamestop. I can start selling them as we speak.

I will most likely pick up one of those sexy white controller along with a blue one to go with my black controller.

I'm just a bit hesitant because I'm afraid that the white controller might turn yellow over time. But it would be cool if they release a red one too.

I'm thinking of getting me that pulse white gold headset cause its so pretty but hesitant to get it cause I'm afraid it'll go yellow too. :x

derExperte

I never got the appeal of completely white gear. Or cars, those are especially terrible. Reminds me of hospitals and doctors.

DocSeuss

No, I don't think so, I will send you a friend request

I'm pretty horrible at multiplayer games and especially shooters but I didn't find Payday 2 intimidating. The only challenge lies in getting familiar with the layout and objectives of the heists.

Of course, I'd love to try some more heists if you guys get some games going. When I was playing with gaffers from here we always did the ones that were easier to boost and it got a bit repetitive at the end

One of my biggest concerns about Payday 2's player base is that everyone's always focused on boosting and not nearly enough focus is placed on, y'know, playing the game. Rest assured, I'll be happy to run any and all of the heists with ya'll, especially Shadow Raid.

I'm more interested in grinding achievements than XP. >_>

Bloodborne seems like a prime candidate for a red DS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom