• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
My above post was trolling, just to be clear. I didn't give away a copy of Trails in The Sky and mik didn't send a PM to claim it. To make up for it here's a proper giveaway. It was meant for Marco initially, but he doesn't accept gifts :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-4FBD5B548DAD39BC - Taken by KainXVIII. 64 entrants total.

t1409785724z1.png

iosefe

My above post was trolling, just to be clear. I didn't give away a copy of Trails in The Sky and mik didn't send a PM to claim it. To make up for it here's a proper giveaway. It was meant for Marco initially, but he doesn't accept gifts :p

maybe it's time we stopped making him a punchline

maybe it's time we stopped making him a punchline
It's him or me. I'd rather it was him.

I do wanna say that me saying to not send me stuff was to keep people from seeing me say it was my birthday and then send me stuff because of that (rather than knowing/remembering or something, dunno). I wasn't fishing for stuff.

I'd like to see a compilation of the strangest PM titles when entering modbot giveaways.

Mine are strange but I bet there are some funny ones out there.

Anustart

Well, I dunno how you are supposed to get into Mercer's house in Skyrim, but I jumped on a barrel then onto an adjoining roof then did the shout that makes you dash over to his balcony. I assume you can lower that draw bridge somehow but not I, Vori'noh the master thief.

Divius

Well, I dunno how you are supposed to get into Mercer's house in Skyrim, but I jumped on a barrel then onto an adjoining roof then did the shout that makes you dash over to his balcony. I assume you can lower that draw bridge somehow but not I, Vori'noh the master thief.
sneaky beaky like

78ETW.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
ppl, enter this thing, this game is pretty good. specially if you like bisexual german-esque fancy dudes

btw happy bday marco

Knurek

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge -- MB-E1E702D8E92CE842 - Taken by Mono. 2 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-C4184B9753FCE6BE - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story Steam Key -- MB-B08A57B0B52D2CBC - Taken by TheLight. 6 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-B7A0FF6B859062A6 - Taken by jfredsilva. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-B33E4EE60BB6580E - Taken by GrinningColossus. 7 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-D8A35B7BEE2CD2DE - Taken by prudislav. 4 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-3D424101E5D5CB72 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.

t1409786444z1.png

Getting some karma back after DR3 win. :)
Hopefully everything's unredeemed - Humble seems to think so at least.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
he actually did ask us to stop at one point.

Always thought that he didn't take any offense to the jokes about him claiming games or this "nice... btw" meme but after checking his post history it seems that he got annoyed by it.

Well, as someone who was been bullied and annoyed by people from this thread I won't partake in jokes about him anymore, if it is bothering him

Ryne

Such a good damn game, I love it. The battles can get a bit long, but after changing the battle tunes I run to find anything I can fight.

Nice giveaway.

Need to finish it, wasted too much time with Xillia 2

So are any of the bundles this week any good? Even though I probably wouldn't get to any games in a while, due to school and all the previous Steam games I have let to play -.- I guess I am discovering the perils of Steam.

Chariot

Oh god, the Banner Saga frustrates me in a good way. Could also be called Hindsight Saga, god all that crap that is falling back on me, that already smelled like trouble and yet was decided by me to keep. Second play through gonna be a bliss, when I'm finished this mess.

Enco

Oh god, the Banner Saga frustrates me in a good way. Could also be called Hindsight Saga, god all that crap that is falling back on me, that already smelled like trouble and yet was decided by me to keep. Second play through gonna be a bliss, when I'm finished this mess.
Do your choices make a big difference or is it like TWD?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of abracadaver, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Metro: Last Light Complete Edition -- MB-3DC9D6AD1DBC4EC5 - Taken by maty. 37 entrants total.

t1409780204z1.png

Ryne

Some choices go as far as
having playable characters die/keeping them alive
, it got a bit frustrating for me trying to choose the 'right' decision. I just went with the flow after a while, much more enjoyable.

Glad I bought and beat that game, it was great.

Nete

Some choices go as far as
having playable characters die/keeping them alive
, it got a bit frustrating for me trying to choose the 'right' decision. I just went with the flow after a while, much more enjoyable.

Glad I bought and beat that game, it was great.

Playing Banner Saga as the usual Boy Scout can be painful at times, even when it seems it was an easy decision. Yes
Mr Onef,
I'm looking at you.

And I love it for that.

Ryne

Is that going to spoil the story for me?

I'm about 2 hours in.

If you don't want to know what can be influenced, don't click ;)

Some choices mattered, some didn't matter as much.
The choices mostly affected how hard you are making it on yourself and who you fight with if I remember correctly

Chariot

I don't know about the big overall story, since I am only 5 hours in (I think 12 hours was the average?), but you can influence a lot that comes back to you.

That goes from taking strangers in your tross that may be loyal or bring goods, trust and help, or backstab you, kill your people and steal your food when you need them the most. You have a nice amount of fighters you pick up along the way. You can train them, you have discussion with them to certain things, but they can also die along the way. And it's not like "aww, my best archer died, son of a bitch", but "Oh shit, no Bob! What have I done, why did I decide that?!"

It's not about morals in Banner Saga. A morally good decision can soon turn bad, like giving away food or trusting everyone who begs with big eyes. What good is it to give some strangers food if your own people starve in the long run?

There is also only autosave, so you can't just experiment what the best choice is. You have to choose at the moment and evaluate if and how big the risk is to do anything or even to do nothing. It's really great in giving you the power to shape your own story. A story full of suffering, wrong decisions and a harsh world.
Is that going to spoil the story for me?

I'm about 2 hours in.
Don't look at spoilers, just enjoy the ride. Not knowing what's coming is great too.

derExperte

New beta client.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433918461#announcements/detail/211989137065361169

We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes:

General
Fix regression that prevented public sharing of screenshots of non-Steam games
Fix install from retail disk for games with more than 4 DVDs, to use the data from all disks
Fix game banners not appearing in offline mode in grid view
Fix hang in grid view when hitting enter with no game selected
Allow Family View recovery email address to be specified in Big Picture Family View setup
Add "I forgot my PIN" link to Family View unlock dialogs if a recovery email has been set
Fix warning sound playing when unlocking Family View in desktop mode
Fix permissions issue preventing developers from uploading Workshop items to an app using the ISteamUGC interface, if they only had an auto-grant license for the app
Fix a rare crash on startup
Reduced energy usage when running in the background

In-Home Streaming
Added support for AMD VCE hardware encoding of D3D games. This is supported with the latest AMD drivers on the following video cards: Radeon HD 79xx, Radeon HD 78xx, Radeon HD 77xx, R9 295x, R9 290x/290, R9 280x/280, R9 270x/270, R7 265, R7 260x/260, R7 250x. To enable it, go to the remote computer and enable hardware encoding in the advanced host options.
Added support for NVIDIA ShadowPlay, which enables hardware accelerated OpenGL capture. To enable it, go to the remote computer, enable ShadowPlay in the GeForce Experience and go to Steam and enable hardware encoding in the advanced host options.
Added support for streaming from Linux hosts

Steam Music Beta
Scanning for music inside Steam directories
Music Queue is persistent between sessions, and gets loaded after a restart of Steam
Fixing crash during scanning, when the artist name is the empty string
User interface improvements

Seeing all the Payday 2 talk earlier in the thread made me want to buy the game. So I make use of enhanced steam to check it out on the store page and I see that I missed a sale on it back in June. Looks like I'll be waiting til it's on sale again. Thanks again for all the work you've put in on ES, jshack! :)

Ryne

Playing Banner Saga as the usual Boy Scout can be painful at times, even when it seems it was an easy decision. Yes
Mr Onef,
I'm looking at you.

And I love it for that.

Killed one of the best defenders, pissed me right off

I really let loose with the choices after that. That one was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom