• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

Gold Member
Yeah, flyvpn just isn't working for me. What's another free alternative? It is supposed to be a JP server you connect to right? First time it hasn't worked for me :/

SoftEther VPN
https://www.softether.org

When it's unlocked it's possible to play without VPN by just starting it with the exe from the game folder.

To unlock the framerate
create a file called user.ini in the game directory next to exe. Then add the line

gmpcr_unlock_frame_rate = True

Just learned that a couple people I know finally published their game on Steam last month. It's called Hangeki and it's actually a really fun but pretty hard shoot-em-up. Also has an insane boss rush mode where you fight all 10 bosses at the same time

Stitch

Gold Member
Do achievements still work?

I'm not sure...

The game still says pre-load on Steam but I just found out that clicking on it actually starts the game. But it doesn't use the overlay for some reason so I guess Achievements won't work until tomorrow :/

Guys.
I need the classic costumes for CQ2, but I do not want to use up what will be all my Gabens minus two bucks!

Whatever shall I do?

Yeah, I tried connecting with Softether and it worked(much better than Fly!) but Dead Rising 3 still isn't getting out of the pre-load state on steam. Is there any reason why it wouldn't be working? When did people who were successful buy the game? Was it after the Apocalypse edition replaced the original?

Ugh, I don't know why it isn't working. No one else seems to be having VPN issues. Definitely connected as various pages load in Japanese and my IP changed. Tried downloading a random game and it was much slower than normal as you'd expect. But Dead Rising 3 still just says "pre-load finished, unreleased"

Yeah, I tried connecting with Softether and it worked(much better than Fly!) but Dead Rising 3 still isn't getting out of the pre-load state on steam. Is there any reason why it wouldn't be working? When did people who were successful buy the game? Was it after the Apocalypse edition replaced the original?

My copy was brought from KiDdYoNe in the B/S/T forum during the summer sale, so it's a RU or ROW version I'm not sure of the specific tag, still unpacking though.

My copy was brought from KiDdYoNe in the B/S/T forum during the summer sale, so it's a RU or ROW version I'm not sure of the specific tag, still unpacking though.

I'm just wondering if I'm having issues because I bought the game the day it went up during the summer sale. Still got it 17 dollars, but that was before the "Apocalypse edition" came about. It says everyone gets upgraded but I'm just wondering if the switch hasn't been made for everyone and that's why it won't unluck. No reason why it shouldn't do!

derExperte

I'm just wondering if I'm having issues because I bought the game the day it went up during the summer sale. Still got it 17 dollars, but that was before the "Apocalypse edition" came about. It says everyone gets upgraded but I'm just wondering if the switch hasn't been made for everyone and that's why it won't unluck. No reason why it shouldn't do!

I did get it then too and I'm in the game. Yay.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Downfall of pc gaming. Getting milked left and right with rediculous requirements. My poor 770 2gb was such a beast.....for 2 months.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-09-04_03-42-57.jpg

I thought Ryse was a mediocre game?
--------
also the worst thing just happened to me..

nope, it's actually pretty decent ... and definitely VERY pretty

---

what happened? :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
After dealing with the cable company this morning, my internet speed got updated doubled (even at my old house) so I'm going to test it out by downloading Dead Rising 3.

post-26939-Dis-Gon-B-Good-gif-HD-Imgur-Kh-cQis.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom