• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

Everyone romance Nanaki, aka best pigeon husbando!

coo.jpg

(๑•́ ∇ •̀๑)

Nope, I cheesed that guy to death about 125 hours of playtime ago, lol! There are different types of dragons that attack you in the wild, and one of the types is a Legendary dragon.

I'm level 60-something, but I've been spending all of my time in Morrowind! Maybe they don't spawn there?

Sometimes people post the patch notes on the community page! Does it say anything there?

Sorry for the late reply!

I'm level 77 and found one randomly in Skyrim. I had a bunch of Shouts i found from dungeon crawling and needed the souls so went to dragon nests. Of the 4 i went to, only one of them was a Legendary, the others were Ancient. It does seem like a little bit of a lottery, and for some reason the Bend Will shout didn't work on the one i came across.

I'm almost tempted to buy Hatoful Boyfriend, one of the pigeons has been my giantbomb avatar for at least two years
2244470-pigion_.png

Did I read a while back that steam changed how unlocking games early via vpn works?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
are we really doing this? how have we fallen so far to romance birds?

Ain't no shame in avian love interests.

u wot m8?!

Jk, Ryouta is great, too!

Actual spoilers:
That ending, though... ;~;

More actual spoilers:
On his route, when he actually brings up some of the problems that would occur if they had a relationship (i.e., lifespans)... IT WAS SO SAD. Don't get me started on the true route either. ;_;

Mono

Sorry for the late reply!

I'm level 77 and found one randomly in Skyrim. I had a bunch of Shouts i found from dungeon crawling and needed the souls so went to dragon nests. Of the 4 i went to, only one of them was a Legendary, the others were Ancient. It does seem like a little bit of a lottery, and for some reason the Bend Will shout didn't work on the one i came across.

Thanks! Maybe they start spawning at level 70, because I keep finding Revered dragons, but I don't think I've seen an Ancient one!

Knowing Bethesda, that may have just been a glitch, lol.

taco543

dont got much to give today but heres the only thing left over from the bundles today.

ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
Fool me once shame on me, but teach a man to fool me and I'll be fooled for the rest of my life.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Vector -- MB-636E8EE925CDD098 - Taken by nja

I know it isn't Steam related but this is my home thread and you guys always give cool advice.

So I'm trying to trade out my Xbox live credits ($20 worth) for eshop credits ($20) and this guy offered me a $25 card that he says was from a birthday promotion. Now here's the thing, Nintendo (afaik) does not make $25 nor reloadable eshop cards, he says his card has no face value on it, and was from a promotion that I can't Google. Obviously I'm skeptical.

Can anyone clarify on his story, like have they made birthday cards? I highly doubt it but will attempt to get a photo.

Oh and to make it Steam related, I can't wait for The Evil Within. Wonder what the specs are going to be and if we can get it to 60fps no problem.

Grief.exe

I know it isn't Steam related but this is my home thread and you guys always give cool advice.

So I'm trying to trade out my Xbox live credits ($20 worth) for eshop credits ($20) and this guy offered me a $25 card that he says was from a birthday promotion. Now here's the thing, Nintendo (afaik) does not make $25 nor reloadable eshop cards, he says his card has no face value on it, and was from a promotion that I can't Google. Obviously I'm skeptical.

Can anyone clarify on his story, like have they made birthday cards? I highly doubt it but will attempt to get a photo.

Oh and to make it Steam related, I can't wait for The Evil Within. Wonder what the specs are going to be and if we can get it to 60fps no problem.

If something is too good to be true, then there is a good chance you are being played. Even more so that you cannot easily verify his claims and this is an anonymous, untraceable transaction.

Idtech 5 used to be hard coded at 60, even for console. Is this still the case for the updated version?

Mono

Ain't no shame in avian love interests.

More actual spoilers:
On his route, when he actually brings up some of the problems that would occur if they had a relationship (i.e., lifespans)... IT WAS SO SAD. Don't get me started on the true route either. ;_;

Even more actual Pigeon spoilers!
That part was rough, omg. D: I was not expecting Hatoful Boyfriend to be so sad when I played it! ;n;

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have a MacBook Air from 2012 (OSX only, no Boot Camp). I have a 12 hour flight in a few days. The flight does not have WiFi. I have no mouse. I obviously have no controller. I do have headphones. Right now Pivvot is the only thing I'm actively playing. I own everything on Steam that could possibly be a relevant suggestion.

Seems this Anarchy Arcade also offers multiplayer and VR.

So when the OR CV hits, SteamGAF can meet in the Bad Rats Arcade and play Bad Rats all day, every day!

Did it say "Pre-load complete, unreleased" for you before it started? Usually when I connect to a VPN steam starts up and the game automatically starts downloading. Not sure what is going on.

When I restarted Steam via VPN the icon stated "Play". Right now it has finished downloading & now it's busy writing to disk. *Edit* It's unpacking I forgot about that long wait.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
header_586x192.jpg

The base game simply isn't designed for it. Not to mention that there's so many fun ways that your powers can kill people (stopping time and killing someone with their own bullet being among my favorites).

Yeah, I played this game the wrong way.
I went stealth/no kill, but Blink makes stealth trivial.

I'm still waiting for a decent deal on the DLCs.

Mono

I have a MacBook Air from 2012 (OSX only, no Boot Camp). I have a 12 hour flight in a few days. The flight does not have WiFi. I have no mouse. I obviously have no controller. I do have headphones. Right now Pivvot is the only thing I'm actively playing. I own everything on Steam that could possibly be a relevant suggestion.

Civ 5 is my go-to flight game! It will make those 12 hours fly by. I think the Steam version is also for Mac; the DRM-free version is.

You'll have to right click a lot with the touchpad, though.

When I restarted Steam via VPN the icon stated "Play". Right now it has finished downloading & now it's busy writing to disk.

I don't understand why it won't work for me then, connected via the VPN because I checked the IP/network connection/and google is in Japanese. When did you buy the game? Only thing I can of is because I bought the game when it went up during the summer sale my copy hasn't been upgraded and the Japanese release is only the AE or something silly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Civ 5 is my go-to flight game! It will make those 12 hours fly by. I think the Steam version is also for Mac; the DRM-free version is.

You'll have to right click a lot with the touchpad, though.

I've got Crusader Kings II installed for that strategy itch, but good thinking!

Suggestion 1: One Way Heroics is a turn-based JRPG/roguelike - you can easily burn 12 hours playing it.

Suggestion 2: Tales of Maj'Eyal is a turn-based RPG/roguelike - you can easily burn 50 hours playing it.

Both are great games, with huge amounts of replayability, and neither rely on quick use of a mouse. Play them and enjoy them.

If something is too good to be true, then there is a good chance you are being played. Even more so that you cannot easily verify his claims and this is an anonymous, untraceable transaction.

Idtech 5 used to be hard coded at 60, even for console. Is this still the case for the updated version?
I figured as such but the dude is supposedly looking up the promo right now. Idk, I'm morbidly curious I guess.

I thought TEW runs off a modified id tech 5?

Unlocking right now through vpn, has to download around 127MB to unlock, it's going slow but it's getting there.

awesome! good to know. Too much else to play right now.

any platformmer would be my suggestion. I refuse to game using a trackpad.

Wolf was capped at 60. Given that you have to drag devs kicking and screaming to even support 60fps in their games these days, I wouldn't hold out much hope for an uncapped framerate.

Mono

I've got Crusader Kings II installed for that strategy itch, but good thinking!

CKII might be all you need!

Maybe Braid or Thomas Was Alone if you want to play a platformer and haven't beaten those already? They're both easy to control with a keyboard and don't require too much precision for when it gets bumpy.

--

Speaking of Crusader Kings, I always assumed it was a huge install, so I've been waiting to give it a go. It's only ~2 GB.

Anyone tried Anarchy Arcade out yet?

Edit:
48AE1C72EBD96EA9E2D2789BAD7C0306F630E11E

Best arcade ever?

Long Live The Queen maybe?

Yeah, flyvpn just isn't working for me. What's another free alternative? It is supposed to be a JP server you connect to right? First time it hasn't worked for me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom