• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

There's almost no information on Nier 2 wheras XV and The Last Guardian and confirmed to release next year.

And it's hard to say how long The Age of Decadence is given how different it is from most crpgs. It took me 4 hours to reach the end in early access(the last city has since been added) but the game is split into multiple factions that have completely different quests. And even within each faction there is a lot of branching that can lead to completely different outcomes in each city. In my playthrough I convinced someone in the second city that I was the coming of the second messiah so in the last(incomplete) city the crazed religious ruler was more trusting of me.

It's also worth noting that in my playthrough I was a merchant who avoided all battles so that length is solely through talking to people. If you do get into fights or play as a member of the military factions you'd imagine you'd have a much longer average playthrough given you're entering into battles.

So its similar to Way of the Samurai? Short but very varying playthroughs? That sounds pretty interesting.

City 17

Anyone interested in backing Divinity OS 2?

I'd like to back it... the early birds are gone but the 4-pack costs $22.5, an even better price than the early birds. I might be able to persuade one of my friends but we need two more.

Pledge $90 or more
Full Party

Four copies of Divinity: Original Sin 2 as digital downloads for PC, available from Steam with Alpha and Beta access included, or DRM-free from GOG.com. Also comes with a Digital Game Manual, a 'Backer' Forum Badge and behind-the-scenes footage.

So its similar to Way of the Samurai? Short but very varying playtroughs?
Yes, although I'd say it's still longer than the average Way of the Samurai playthrough given when I played it was missing an entire third of the game. Also worth emphazing how different each faction is. As a merchant you might not want to get your hands dirty(although you certainly can) but as a military officer you're going to be approaching the game from a completely different angle and have very different goals in mind.

They recently updated the demo with new content. Believe it has the entirety of the first city so you can mess around with the factions and see how different events go.

KainXVIII

Ub1YPL9.png

microsoft's own site -___-

Even Xbone gamepad driver is botched in Windows 10

Finally getting somewhere in AssCreed III. The game is much less crap after the first twist. Screw those optional objectives.

I went ahead and read some AC spoilers on the wiki and the story kind of drops off a cliff after III so I ain't even mad.

I had to take out one of my SLI'ed 560tis as one of the shitty MSI fans can barely turn now. Thinking about finally getting the ASUS 980ti. Going to try drilling a hole in the fan backing and adding some oil first though.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I remember when Age of Decadence was seemingly the only isometric Fallout/Torment like RPG in development, and words like "consolization" were very popular to describe the state of PC games. I sort of feel obligated to get it, as I admire the spirit in which it was developed. But I should probably finish Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, and Pillars of Eternity first.

Playthroughs are much shorter in Age of Decadence though so you might actually be able to "finish" it once or twice :p

Wasteland 2 and Divinity are about to get massive updates mid-October so I suppose we'll all be starting over soon.

VTM: B sure doesn't pull any punches its subject matter. That conversation between the sisters in the asylum is wild. Regardless, it sure has some damn good dialogue

Finished up Action Henk. One of the most under appreciated platformers on Steam. It is coming to other platforms now so hopefully that gives it a new lease of life. Certainly up there with Grow Home for me.

edit. First game I've finished since quitting Dota. Feels great.

Finished up Action Henk. One of the most under appreciated platformers on Steam. It is coming to other platforms now so hopefully that gives it a new lease of life. Certainly up there with Grow Home for me.

edit. First game I've finished since quitting Dota. Feels great.

i still need to beat the "way of the ninja" level , its just too hard for me :(

KainXVIII

What do you mean exactly? I plugged it in, it installed the drivers and I was good to go. Haven't had any issue with the controller in Win7, 8.1 and 10.

it does not work with some games (like Ori, DOA5, Broforce and others), you need to install older drivers from win7/8 to get them work again (and broke some other games). MS still not fixed this issue, which is strange.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Still cheapest price standing @ ~24USD, and no VPN necessary to purchase, yes.

Weird because it says that the game is not available in my country, I can add it to my cart but it says in red underneath it that it's unavilable in my country.

Uzzy

VTM: B sure doesn't pull any punches its subject matter. That conversation between the sisters in the asylum is wild. Regardless, it sure has some damn good dialogue

Yep. It's one of the best RPG's in terms of dialogue and atmosphere. Music's great too.

Surprised GTA 5 isn't getting mentioned on anyone's GOTY lists. Did you guys forget it released this year for PC? Is it because everyone already played it on another platform? Or are you among those people with terrible taste who didn't enjoy it?

Any good free VPN I can use for nuuvem purchases?

I know hola suck so won't use that.

Tunnelbear works but now some games can't even be purchased with a VPN. They apparently check the region of your Paypal account and that has meet their requirements for the transaction to go through.

Anastasia

Surprised GTA 5 isn't getting mentioned on anyone's GOTY lists. Did you guys forget it released this year for PC? Is it because everyone already played it on another platform? Or are you among those people with terrible taste who didn't enjoy it?

I'm guessing it's just that a lot of people played it before. I liked GTA5 but I never got into the story enough to finish it, and the online wasn't great either. I've thought about picking it up again though since they made all those changes to it.

Vuze

it does not work with some games (like Ori, DOA5, Broforce and others), you need to install older drivers from win7/8 to get them work again (and broke some other games). MS still not fixed this issue, which is strange.
Ah I see. I haven't played any games you mentioned (yet) so I might've been lucky. Strange issue indeed.
It sure will be on mine. While I didn't really enjoy the gameplay alot, the story was pretty neat but what really got me was the open world just in terms of sheer design and vividness.
It's great for just taking a joyride and explore a location you've never been to before (which there always will be one). I really hope R* will come up with some story DLC, GTAO really isn't my cup of tea, mostly due to the shitty matchmaking for heists.

I was looking at my installed games list to find games to challenge MGSV for the title; didn't remember GTAV but looking back now GTAV is and was amazing.

I'm guessing it's just that a lot of people played it before. I liked GTA5 but I never got into the story enough to finish it, and the online wasn't great either. I've thought about picking it up again though since they made all those changes to it.

The appeal for me was in the single player and open world. The multiplayer part was all P2P nonsense that lagged and wasn't particularly fun for me. That could be due to my location of course. I did like the game enough to reach 100% completion even though I had finished it on the PS3 a couple of years ago.

GTA5 was dogshit, so no, I'm not surprised.

You hate videogames in general though so I'm not surprised with your opinion.

I really hope R* will come up with some story DLC, GTAO really isn't my cup of tea, mostly due to the shitty matchmaking for heists.

I'm starting to think the ship has sailed on that. Two years since initial release, a year since new console release and not a single word about any such project happening. Plus their insistence that GTA online is how they wish to extend and prolong the GTA experience. I don't know man... I'd be surprised if it were to happen now.

All about that shiny shiny. Even if one is not one of the many played the two versions released many months earlier, they still have heard, read and watched a lot of footage. That's why even when it hit the PC finally it had a big reception but not nearly as much as it would have if it had launched simultaneously way back. That's my take.

Turfster

You hate videogames in general though so I'm not surprised with your opinion.

I don't hate all videogames, just bad ones.
It's not my fault so many overblown big budget marketing-bukkake AAA games objectively suck ass =p

If there's systemic problems with gameplay, usability or story, I'm not going to excuse that because "omg it's the new XYZ in a series I've loved since I was a teenager and the first one came out!"
Fuck that noise.

Anastasia

The appeal for me was in the single player and open world. The multiplayer part was all P2P nonsense that lagged and wasn't particularly fun for me. That could be due to my location of course. I did like the game enough to reach 100% completion even though I had finished it on the PS3 a couple of years ago.

I just found all the mp games I was in to be really empty. You would get groups of people scattered around the game world (like on the other side of the map) doing their own thing, and nothing going on aside from that. It was too big a world with too little going on/not enough people.

Convinced a mad king that I was the chosen one and then set him up in an ambush that led to his eyes being gouged out.

Age of Decadence is rad.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you haven't wrote an article for Vogue about Aidan Pierce's Iconic Cap, then you haven't said all there is to say about Watch Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom