• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Battlefront isn't going to do anything. However fallout will more than likely sweep.

It'll be interesting to see how Battlefront reviews are. I wouldn't be surprised to see the average scores to be just above 70. Based on what I've played and seen, it's half of a game and even that half is very, very streamlined version of Battlefield type game with Star Wars theme. Fun for five hours but that really might be how far the theme can carry that game.

Fallout on the other hand could be anything between GOTY and disappointment of the year.

You can, it's an option in settings. I did so yesterday.
Cool. Gonna try out a bit later then.
CS isn't the game for you dude.
There is nothing comfy about playing a pc fps against other people online with a controller.
I am bad at CS:GO anyway. Don't play almost at all. Recently with the Shadow Case drops I played a couple matches and wanted to play a bit more. No big deal for me to be very good at it. Have no plans of becoming good at the game, just playing a bit.

That means absolutely nothing to me though. Comparing it to a Bethesda RPG doesn't mean much to me.
It wasnt a beth rpg tho, fine name the last rpg you enjoyed and i bet you soul w3 is better than it. Even if youre a story guy only its fine too, just turn it down to the easiest difficulty and get immersed in the best rpg to date

Ban Puncher

MGSV is GOTY

But Splatoon is my GOTY.

Anyone who puts Destiny on their 2015 GOTY list because of The Taken King can go and get fucked for all of 2016.

Vamphuntr

My refund for Sword Coast Legends was approved. Thank God. Can't believe they are using Dragon Age Origins and Baldur's Gate to hype a game that has nothing to do with those.

The steamservers are more often down than the PSn atm.

New Vegas is from Obsidian not that trashtierdev Bethesda.

It wasnt a beth rpg tho, fine name the last rpg you enjoyed and i bet you soul w3 is better than it. Even if youre a story guy only its fine too, just turn it down to the easiest difficulty and get immersed in the best rpg to date

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian, though, and it was quite excellent.

I liked Skyrim, but Skyrim was basically a fantasy theme park. New Vegas was an honest-to-goodness RPG.

My mistake I tend to lump them together. Yes Obsidian did make New Vegas. That still doesn't change how I feel about the Fallout or The Elders Scrolls games though. Writing was better in New Vegas though but eh. Those games do nothing for me regardless.

Anyone who puts Destiny on their 2015 GOTY list because of The Taken King can go and get fucked for all of 2016.

We call those crazy people.

Shantom

Which may have inadvertently confirmed Red Dead Redemption for PC. Edit: And the Goldeneye remake. Edit2: Crash Bandicoot is also listed. I'm leaning towards this being fake, or was put together by someone who doesn't actually have much knowledge of which games are available on PC for this service.

WZ7rilW.png

Maniac

Banned

I literally think it's the best RPG game, period. Ofcourse, tastes differ and some people prefer the BG control scheme, some like turn-based & tile-based, some like isometric, but I'll be damned if this isn't the most well-written videogame out there. And it's the best RPG I've ever personally played. The writing trumps something like New Vegas times twenty.
Battlefront isn't going to do anything. However fallout will more than likely sweep.

Battlefront will do as much as Battlefield, since it's more or less the same game just with a different coat of paint. So yeah, it'll do very little.

Shadownet

Banned
Witcher 3 will be GOTY, its godly, any other choice is incorrect . I bet the gaming side will pick fallout 4 or battlefront too, just cause theyre dick riders and care more about the name and then in 3 or so months the general opinion will go from OMG GOTY to "eh, its ok"

Witcher 3 for the true GOTY, believe.
I'm going to be disappointed if MGSV win GOTY, Rocket League would be my 2nd choice, Witcher 3 is first.

I bet whatever wins GOTY will be a game I don't care about probably.
Counter Strike, would you care then? :p

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian, though, and it was quite excellent.

I liked Skyrim, but Skyrim was basically a fantasy theme park. New Vegas was an honest-to-goodness RPG.

The thing I liked most in Skyrim was moding the game to put new content and it's systems, though I always get bored after some time and stop playing it.

Dsyndrome

Bloodborne would be GOTY if it was on PC; Witcher 3's a fine replacement though. MGS won't even be on my list since I haven't started it and everything about the unfinished, lackluster story. PoE's also up there.

It's rare when I agree with reddit,but yeah, Valve shouldn't push out patches late friday night with barely anyone or no one left to handle a potential mess on the weekend. This Reborn launch just keeps on giving.

I just want to be clear, fo4 will most likely be a good game, it can literally be just fo3 but in a new playground and im good.

@shadownet, rocket league is the best multiplayer game of the year and a goty contender(that loses to w3 tho), idc what anyone says lok

Which may have inadvertently confirmed Red Dead Redemption for PC. Edit: And the Goldeneye remake. Edit2: Crash Bandicoot is also listed. I'm leaning towards this being fake, or was put together by someone who doesn't actually have much knowledge of which games are available on PC for this service.

WZ7rilW.png
giphy.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
(i suspect the games on the survey list are more about ea getting a sense for what people want in order to make a case to take 2, not an actual list of real games that would be on the service)

Star Trek Bridge Commander also sticks out like a sore thumb, and doesn't it belong to Activision rather than Bethesda anyway?

Given that Crash Banmdicoot is also listed, I think the survey was probably wrote by someone at EA who doesn't know much about what the publishers would be able to offer, so I don't think it's actually a confirmation :(
(i suspect the games on the survey list are more about ea getting a sense for what people want in order to make a case to take 2, not an actual list of real games that would be on the service)
You guys are nooo fun. Just, just let me believe at least dammit!

Jay RaR

Like it says in the pic, isn't the Crash IP owned by Activision? Naughty Dog doesn't have the rights anymore and Sony AFAIK doesn't have exclusive rights to it presently. I seem to recall a Crash game on a Nintendo handheld.

Take-Two and Rockstar have given as firm an answer as they ever could that RDR will never make it to PC. No survey is gonna make a difference.

It justhas to be decent at best and people will forgive the lack of content and consider it goty cause its star wars, at the very least gametrailers will give it goty, most of them are star wars fanboys

Hektor

Like it says in the pic, isn't the Crash IP owned by Activision? Naughty Dog doesn't have the rights anymore and Sony AFAIK doesn't have exclusive rights to it presently. I seem to recall a Crash game on a Nintendo handheld.

Yup, Activion owns the IP atm. There have been several non-playstation CB's already like

• Wrath of the Cortex
  • Twinsanity
  • Crash of the Titans
  • Nitro Kart
  • Tag Team Racing
  • XS
  • Entranced
  • Fusion
  • Mind over Mutants
  • Boom Bang

Sony/ND still own the rights two the first 3 games + Kart Racing Bash tho i imagine, since those never releaed on another platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom