• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

All-in-all there's an actual degree of sympathy that you create with T-Bone and Tobias that I don't feel that was ever existent with Aiden Pearce. His story felt completely all paint-by-numbers with little variation or emotional depth.

This line alone is probably the reason I was never able to get past the beginning of Act 2. I just had zero emotional investment in Aiden.

SrjcFMs.gif

"Love" it.
Yep definitely a Derrick alt account
Turfster
Mr. Hate
(Today, 10:35 PM)

Phinor

So I wanted to play From Dust again. Ubisoft has done some magnificent work with that game since its release. Well nothing to do with the game, everything to do with adding Uplay to that game.

So I start the game, Uplay starts and says I need to link my Steam and Uplay accounts to play the game. Linking however simply doesn't work. "Linking failed" and that's it. No useful error message or anything. Thanks. Well I can still cancel that and now it asks for a cd-key which I enter and.. the cd-key is already in use. Well thanks Ubisoft, that's helpful. I haven't even started the game in 4 years and now my cd-key is suddenly already used. So much for actually starting a game I own.

I decided to check From Dust Steam forums. Basically every thread is about Uplay issues, cd-key issues or the game crashing usually when starting (ie. more Uplay issues). Some people have tried contacting Ubisoft and those threads seem to die after 1-2 months of regular updates from the thread creator saying "still haven't received a response.. still haven't received a response.."

At this point I'm pretty sure I will never play From Dust again unless I download an illegal version.

Turfster

So I wanted to play From Dust again. Ubisoft has done some magnificent work with that game since its release. Well nothing to do with the game, everything to do with adding Uplay to that game.
It's been in from the start, and yes, it's been a broken shit tier port from the very beginning.
Hell, I think it was one of the first big publisher games that got refunds offered.

Surprised GTA 5 isn't getting mentioned on anyone's GOTY lists. Did you guys forget it released this year for PC? Is it because everyone already played it on another platform? Or are you among those people with terrible taste who didn't enjoy it?

I guess I keep forgetting it was released this year. i played it two years ago on the ps3 so it will always be an old game to me.

Pachimari

Man I am bummed out. I don't understand why I haven't received an email from Ubisoft, about the closed beta. I were guaranteed access on both PS4 and PC. =/

I did more or less the same, although I did hunt for armour and weapons like a loot-whore, and I loved the hell out of the combat. You had to be prepared and ready for combat to survive, atleast on a decent difficulty. It also really helps that the increase in difficulty doesn't just leave bullet sponges, but adds more monsters to packs of roaming ones, stronger abilities, them doing more damage and having smarter tactics / strategies.

I quite like it.

Also Gwent automatically means it's a better game than MGSV.

Screw Disgaeaeae and that terrible name it has.

You should care about TW3 doe.

But it won't win so I guess you don't need to :(
oh yea, gwent is god-like. I'd get hype as fuck when I found a merchant, would stop whatever I was doing in hopes that they played gwent.

Also, stahp, D5 will be amazing and you will buy it to save NIS from going bankrupt

#savetheprinnies

Prinny won't play my levels SteamGAF :(

3DCC-0000-004E-2C73

95D3-0000-004D-C1A8

lmfao, chillax ozzy, I got them saved up on my phone, I haven't played my wii u yet, didn't even boot up splatoon even once even though I bought it yesterday. waiting till i get a hdmi splitter so i can connect my wii u to my monitor(the hdmi slot is currently occupied by my ps4 and I'm to lazy to switch between the ps4 and wii u all the time)

Anyone here seen the movie Primer? I have no f*cking clue what's going on o_o

Primer is a straight up mindfuck. There's this flowchart floating around (that tries to make sense of it) which you could look up if you're keen enough. For me it's just one of those movies where I feel like they probably didn't fuck up the timelines but I don't care enough to find out for myself.

I've not got it either, the organisation of this beta has been a complete shambles.

I'm curious how many people are genuinely interested in this game. To me it looks like a Counter Strike clone with a few gadgets thrown in. A far cry from what R6 started out as but that's to be expected. I also suspect it's going to be a P2P game using uplay infrastructure so I'm thinking it'll die in a couple of months after release. Is there any information to contrary out yet?

To be honest, Evolve is pretty fucking great... It just got raped by 2K :/
I think its decent at best, thing is match lasts too long, just run around for like 15+ minutes until you're max leveled then attack. if the monster would level up quicker it would help speed along the process. But I got it for like $7 at launch and I feel like I got my money's worth.

why you just shitted on poor turtle rock?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
To be honest, Evolve is pretty fucking great... It just got raped by 2K :/

Evolve failed to create an engaging gameplay loop and despite repeated warnings by the alpha and beta playtesters (of which I was both), Turtle Rock remained locked in to the target they chose. It wanted to be Monster Hunter cum Left 4 Dead but did neither particularly well. 'Uninspired' would be the word I'd use to describe it. Not the worst thing I've ever played, but a huge letdown. Had I not paid $6 for it, it would have been the first (and only, so far) thing I would have requested a refund for.

why you just shitted on poor turtle rock?

A short and simple point - all the acclaim and awards in the world don't really matter.

He was posting very few but dang, he's gone from me too.

Just checked and he's gone from mine as well. My friends list hasn't dropped in number yet so he must have been the person who vanished back in... early August?

Tenrius

What's up with Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD? Is it a public trial or something? My roomate has it in his library for some reason, despite not having the actual game (and there's only one level available, along with a store page link).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have the original Dawn of War games ever gone on sale or are they too buried and forgotten post-THQ at this point for that to happen?

I have Uplay question! (don't worry, its related to steam)

For some goofy reason, I have two Uplay accounts. I have like 20 games on one, and 2 games on the other. Almost all of them, I bought on steam. It hasn't been an issue until now. Uplay wants to link my steam account to my Uplay account. If I do this to the account with 20 games, will I lose the ability to play on the account with 2 games?

pahamrick

For some goofy reason, I have two Uplay accounts. I have like 20 games on one, and 2 games on the other. Almost all of them, I bought on steam. It hasn't been an issue until now. Uplay wants to link my steam account to my Uplay account. If I do this to the account with 20 games, will I lose the ability to play on the account with 2 games?

Have you tried contacting support to see if you can have the account with the 2 games merged with the 20 games account? I managed to do something similar with Origin, but never tried with Ubisoft and Uplay.

try contacting support and see if you can move the 2 games to the one with 20. it might not work but its worth a try

Deitus

Have the original Dawn of War games ever gone on sale or are they too buried and forgotten post-THQ at this point for that to happen?

They actually go on sale quite often. They were actually in a humble bundle quite recently.

Yeah, Relic were bought by SEGA, who seems to have done quite well by them.

I am curious to see what Relic have been working on post CoH2 though. I don't necessarily want to pigeon-hole them, but I'd love a DOW3.

I have a question for the MGSV players that are far in chapter 2, it's about quiet
I saw the torture scene and now she's unavailable. When do I get her again??

Yeah, Relic were bought by SEGA, who seems to have done quite well by them.

I am curious to see what Relic have been working on post CoH2 though. I don't necessarily want to pigeon-hole them, but I'd love a DOW3.

Aren't they still working on the steam version of CoH 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom